Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ikemen > mugen?

+2
SuperWhiskey
Crosstag Enjoyer
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ikemen > mugen? Empty ikemen > mugen? Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:35 pm

Crosstag Enjoyer

Crosstag Enjoyer

ikemen > mugen? Wcz4RWt
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

Not trying to stir a pot or anything like that for controversy but honestly- on a very serious note. I do believe that IKEMEN overall is just better than mugen simply because of the features it has and can be done with in terms of the arcade, to simple features like a pause menu. Or even the fact that if you wanna add different variants of the same character in one slot, you can do that now which can save you space for more characters to be added. I'd like to hear what you people think of this though. Am i right or am i wrong? Remember: please keep the discussion civil.

2ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sat Sep 09, 2023 6:48 pm

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

ikemen > mugen? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Ikemen is ultimately a clone engine with a percentage of compatibility with mugen content.
It is not a wise discourse to compare the two as previous discussions here have hilighted.

While ikemen go, the fork of the original ikemen by suehiro, has managed to continue offering backwards compatibility with mugen content, it still has not managed to fully emulate all of mugens most basic key features such as alternate window scaling resolution hence many advanced creators are not using it.

Ikemen plus ultra also shows some promising developments and for the most part casual users and novice creators will find sone great fun in using it due to the default features but it is definitely no replacement of 1.1 yet.
Hence "clone engine"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ikemen > mugen? FXzcO3r

3ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:02 pm

Crosstag Enjoyer

Crosstag Enjoyer

ikemen > mugen? Wcz4RWt
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Newsboy (Stone)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

SuperWhiskey wrote:Ikemen is ultimately a clone engine with a percentage of compatibility with mugen content.
It is not a wise discourse to compare the two as previous discussions here have hilighted.

While ikemen go, the fork of the original ikemen by suehiro, has managed to continue offering backwards compatibility with mugen content, it still has not managed to fully emulate all of mugens most basic key features such as alternate window scaling resolution hence many advanced creators are not using it.

Ikemen plus ultra also shows some promising developments and for the most part casual users and novice creators will find sone great fun in using it due to the default features but it is definitely no replacement of 1.1 yet.
Hence "clone engine"

True. That Plus Ultra engine being worked on looks really promising. and those features you mentioned are true now that i think about it. guess that could explain what in 98.2 it's always a pain to deal with widescreen stages sometimes not scaling well or just having a black bar on the top or bottom screen. i do have hopes though that eventually these issues will be settled.

4ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:31 pm

Balelynx

Balelynx

ikemen > mugen? 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

Also worth mentioning is Ikemen Go still has camera issues and i read here somewhere about parallax floors still dont function correctly as they should which is something they will definitely need to fix if they want more stage creators to contribute to the engine

Crosstag Enjoyer likes this post

5ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:09 am

Constantinius3rd

Constantinius3rd

ikemen > mugen? 29270914107_0496322bcc_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Hype Beast (Silver)
Recieved 30 or more likes from other Members
Newsboy (Stone)

Crosstag Enjoyer wrote: Am i right or am i wrong?

Definitely I would have to say wrong, only because we cant really compare them because they are different engines and neither do all the other engine can do. Of course that is not to say you are not allowed to have your own opinion on what you like personally Thumbs Up
The only mistake is comparison of these engines, ya know?

Ikemen is a clone engine of mugen 1.0 and it adds extra features but it doesnt have all of mugens features so it is a different experience.
you have some new options and expansions but it lacks lots of basic things that mugen got right, especially camera movement and stage stuff so I think there is always going to be a split market the same way how some people in KOF community refuse to use any mugen except winmugen and mugen 1.0

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ikemen > mugen? CPi7Pvr

Oxocube and Crosstag Enjoyer like this post

6ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:43 am

Slayer

ikemen > mugen? 2GPpdMR
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

I would say you are right. And the comparison is fair - 2 different engines made to use the same content. IKEMEN Go is basically MUGEN 1.2 with some "regressions", these being input and calculations for the stages. Once these are fixed I suppose the engine would be even more accepted.

7ikemen > mugen? Empty Re: ikemen > mugen? Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:12 am

Oxocube

Oxocube

ikemen > mugen? 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

Constantinius3rd wrote:
Crosstag Enjoyer wrote: Am i right or am i wrong?

Definitely I would have to say wrong, only because we cant really compare them because they are different engines and neither do all the other engine can do. Of course that is not to say you are not allowed to have your own opinion on what you like personally Thumbs Up
The only mistake is comparison of these engines, ya know?

Ikemen is a clone engine of mugen 1.0 and it adds extra features but it doesnt have all of mugens features so it is a different experience.
you have some new options and expansions but it lacks lots of basic things that mugen got right, especially camera movement and stage stuff so I think there is always going to be a split market the same way how some people in KOF community refuse to use any mugen except winmugen and mugen 1.0

Very well said my friend. I think all the different engines will have their special community for the future. But what is most important is not the engine my friends, but the individuals skill and level of technique in creation. The unreal fighter 2D engine also looks very interesting and with AI technology now we may see even more amazing mugen clones very soon

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

ikemen > mugen? WEOuZsG

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum