Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Empty IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:19 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

On observation of the wider community I am wondering whether we need to start differentiating certain aspects of the two engines on their relevant sections and what you all think about it.
For example, Screenshots and videos pertaining to one or the other.
Should we be strict about making sure ikemen content is only posted in the ikemen/clone engine section or should we allow for some cross over?
In hind sight, I know policing and moderating would be less workload to combine the two, but long term it could cause confusion especially among less informed members.
Nothing worse than someone seeing ikemen content and trying to replicate a certain feature not in mugen, same as if something that is not supported in ikemen is shown in a video posted in ikemen section and so fourth.
Post your thoughts here on the matter

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Filthy Fredo and Balelynx like this post

2IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Empty Re: IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Balelynx

Balelynx

IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

I think its a good idea to separate them because it will definitely be a headache for you guys if you dont.
The main reason i see it being important to have it separated is because we should not assume that everyone that joins here is a mugen veteran or advanced user.
So if less experienced members come to view videos and things they will be confused if they see an ikemen video in a mugen topic and the same with screenshots because Ikemen has many modules and things like that.
I use both Ikemen and mugen so I have created topics for both for everyone here:

Screenshots:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Videos:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

that should solve the problem

3IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Empty Re: IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

IKEMEN/MUGEN differentiation 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

yes they should all be separate.
It is frustration when someone keep talking about ikemen and "can you fix this for ikemen?" and they post it on mugen contents.
The Ikemen things should be in only the ikemen area until that engine is 100% support mugen 1.1 then i dont care after that but still it is not there yet

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Cosmic frog will get you!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Download My Mugen Stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum