Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen)

+14
MagistusMoon
lunalucard55
✴Ex-Sirius✴
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
Oxocube
Vermilion Spy
Phant0mD
SuperWhiskey
CancerManXIII
-Metal SK-
HmmmLawnmower
Balelynx
Vegaz_Parrelli
hatter
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

hatter

hatter

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Official Capcom Vs Square-Parallel Destinies WIP Thread

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Logo by the amazing PhantomD!

Yes, you read this correctly. I am reviving my old "CAPCOM vs SQUARE ENIX" project that I had started (and killed off) at MFG here. I've been working at a healthy and decent pace to bring you a marvelous FG experience.

SCREENPACK DESIGN FOOTAGE - MAIN MENU SYSTEM

SCREENPACK DESIGN FOOTAGE - SELECT SCREEN

VS SCREEN SYSTEM

VICTORY WINQUOTE SYSTEM

GAMEPLAY
Spoiler:

ROSTER

This one is a bit of a word salad that I don't feel like typing, but I'll do it anyways. Let's start off with a lovely visual:

CAPCOM
List Of Capcom Characters:

SQUARE
List Of Square Characters:

Quite ambitious as you can see. I've begun working on Tessa's sprite set (and it's about nearly 25% done) and started with prepping for Tifa's today. Within the pipeline are plans for a mid-boss from each side. Maybe extra characters as well, but I wouldn't count on that, at least any time soon.

PLANS FOR THE 1ST ALPHA BUILD
Spoiler:

And that is about all I have to share. I'll share some of the completed animation work for Tessa for you guys to see, and any and all updates will be posted in this thread.
At a later point, I plan to have a separate Twitter account and open the dev discord (which is currently inactive) to the general public and get the FGC to market it for me, hopefully I'll get some willing volunteer help.
The only places you can get updates on this (and the game) will be here and Trinity MUGEN (at their M.U.G.E.N.-Net Discord).
That's all, have a good day guys.   ole!  

*his inclusion was due to a mistake in my research; I actually though The World Ends With You was released in 2003, before the Square and Enix merger, and as a result, didn't think too much of it and made the character sprite... until I saw it again; however, the sprite was too good not to include it, and I kept him in as a result. Forgiveness from the Square Enix historians pls.

Last edited by NAMTron on Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:01 pm; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : adding new material (logo))

GRAYFOX and -Metal SK- like this post

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

Looking forward to this one, bro. If you ever wanna throw some stage resources my way in the future I'm open to crafting a few stages for you.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:Looking forward to this one, bro. If you ever wanna throw some stage resources my way in the future I'm open to crafting a few stages for you.

Sounds great, I look forward to it.

Some animation work from the vault:

Balelynx

Balelynx

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

A very large and ambitious project my friend.
I can wait to see some of the original sprited Square franchise characters in action

hatter likes this post

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

This looks really good. I enjoy your sprite work so I'll be eagerly following this.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Knighted Palettus, maximus the 3rd

hatter likes this post

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 32795826767_bd9bc92b05_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Those srpites look really good!
How long does it usually take to sprite a full character like this?
I wish we had more original sprited characters like this im mugen.

I never understood why we dont but im not a spriter so I dont know what is involved in achieving it.
I do know how to make some cool stages so I might be happy to help out make some stages for you some time for your game when you have some characters ready for it!

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

-Metal SK- wrote:Those srpites look really good!
How long does it usually take to sprite a full character like this?
I wish we had more original sprited characters like this im mugen.

I never understood why we dont but im not a spriter so I dont know what is involved in achieving it.
I do know how to make some cool stages so I might be happy to help out make some stages for you some time for your game when you have some characters ready for it!

Well, when you think about it like this, animation is ultimately "making a bajillion drawings of the same thing doing different things at various angles, poses, and lighting setups"; add to it the amount of knowledge you need to have on-hand as far as basics and near-mastery of said basics, and you have a recipe for a long and mostly painful journey.

A full sprited character can take months or years depending on how complex it is; I personally saw the progress on a set of CPS2 Rouge (from Power Stone) and it took almost 1.5 - 2 years, for about 500-600 frames. My first ever edit of a full sprite set took well over a year and a half.

A lot of people are between not having the time, and not wanting to put in the time. I'm midway between both; fulltime work,a lot of life responsibilities, and am trying to get some freelance work as an illustrator, and most of the time, I would rather put in more time in a new illustration than animating another sprite. Not judging anyone who picks up the craft, but painting >>>>> pixel art/animation for me; I'm only doing it bc my dream projects require it, and I somehow got good at it. I guess I'm mostly an auteur. /shrug

With that said, I can guarantee you'll have nothing but quality when it comes to this; I intend for this to be the best thing that comes out of this engine or IKEMEN Go (when they fix it's most major bugs at very least) out of my personal pride, so I hope you'll stick around to see the end result.

Little update; Tessa's jump animation is almost done, leaving her jump land and dash back animations. Should be able to shamble a quick little proof-of-progress soon.

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

hatter wrote:
A full sprited character can take months or years depending on how complex it is; I personally saw the progress on a set of CPS2 Rouge (from Power Stone) and it took almost 1.5 - 2 years, for about 500-600 frames. My first ever edit of a full sprite set took well over a year and a half.

A lot of people are between not having the time, and not wanting to put in the time. I'm midway between both; fulltime work,a lot of life responsibilities, and am trying to get some freelance work as an illustrator, and most of the time, I would rather  put in more time in a new illustration than animating another sprite.

your character designs are dope bro. I can relate to that quoted text totally. I had a friend who used to do pixel art, but he was also a good sketcher/painter and he said pixel art is a time pit and even more when its animation and shit.
I cant say i'm Jealous of how much spriting you have to do based on that roster sheet though Cannot Unsee
someone buy this man a bourbon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

CancerManXIII wrote:
hatter wrote:

A lot of people are between not having the time, and not wanting to put in the time. I'm midway between both; fulltime work,a lot of life responsibilities, and am trying to get some freelance work as an illustrator, and most of the time, I would rather  put in more time in a new illustration than animating another sprite.

your character designs are dope bro. I can relate to that quoted text totally. I had a friend who used to do pixel art, but he was also a good sketcher/painter and he said pixel art is a time pit and even more when its animation and shit.
I cant say i'm Jealous of how much spriting you have to do based on that roster sheet though Cannot Unsee
someone buy this man a bourbon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeah, your friend definitely has the right idea, pretty much summed up how I see it. And yeah, I wouldn't wish this amount of pixel art on my worst enemy, I'm just thankful I have the tools and training to tackle some of it. Definitely hoping FGC virtue signalling will help in getting some willing volunteers. If anything, for the most part, a lot of these will need to be worked on w/ some base, especially a few from the Square side.

PHASE 1: Shmoovin' (basic movement animation) officially done. All frames shown above are indexed, aligned with Capcom vs SNK 2 axis, and LP/LK/HP/HK palettes are prepped. Gonna integrate them into the .SFF tomorrow and put up a video of it in action properly.

From there, I'll finish that Tifa idle and take a small break, then work on integrating fully functional MvC-styled announcer into the character(s), courtesy of DarkCipherLucius, and some of the presentation.

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Okay gents, first look at Tessa/Tabasa comin' in hot:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

hatter wrote:Okay gents, first look at Tessa/Tabasa comin' in hot:

There is an embedd button on the html bar next to the youtube button for streamable to make the video show here . Its a new feature they added recently i think.

Balelynx

Balelynx

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

SuperWhiskey wrote:
hatter wrote:Okay gents, first look at Tessa/Tabasa comin' in hot:

There is an embedd button on the html bar next to the youtube button for streamable to make the video show here . Its a new feature they added recently i think.

Let me fix that

there you go

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Thanks.

Staff motion that I forgot to implement. Made possible with Beximus' help.

Going to make a commission post for a 1.1B screenpack, because I've given up on trying to make it on my own.

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Tessa looking fluid, bruh

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

hatter wrote:Thanks.

Going to make a commission post for a 1.1B screenpack, because I've given up on trying to make it on my own.

nooooooooooice!
I actually was messing around with the exact same code you were talking about a few years ago - the same explod/helper system that allows nakoruru/galford bird dog follow shenanigans.
I'd actually love to know more about the inner workings of how you coded that too.
It's pretty useful for adding pets etc to chars, or auras and other non attacking things.

Also, excited to see you taking this project to the next level with the screenpack.
Also, RE commissions that sounds like a smart idea my bro, it frees up the workload to let you shine and do what you do best, and fucking incredible at that, spriting dope ass animated chars!
This may help you get started on what you may need to know before creating a topic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

hatter likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Phant0mD wrote:
hatter wrote:Thanks.

nooooooooooice!
I actually was messing around with the exact same code you were talking about a few years ago - the same explod/helper system that allows nakoruru/galford bird dog follow shenanigans.
I'd actually love to know more about the inner workings of how you coded that too.
It's pretty useful for adding pets etc to chars, or auras and other non attacking things.

Also, excited to see you taking this project to the next level with the screenpack.
Also, RE commissions that sounds like a smart idea my bro, it frees up the workload to let you shine and do what you do best, and fucking incredible at that, spriting dope ass animated chars!
This may help you get started on what you may need to know before creating a topic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks man. I made the thread here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; I'll be wrapping up some VA hiring, and then I'll focus on the hiring for the Screenpack

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Okay! So this week was pretty darn hectic, getting probably the GOAT logo, courtesy of PhantomD:

WITH THAT SAID, I wrapped up the hiring of a VA for the Announcer. Sorting through applications was hectic because my casting call got retweeted by Justin Wong (YES THAT GUY) and another FGC figurehead big in the MK and Injustice community, and speaking of him, I'm pleased to let you know that I will be working with PNDKetchup to bring you the ultimate Announcer for this project:

p[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Dat behind Dat behind Dat behind

His test lines really teleported me back to the 90s and I absolutely adored them, and selecting him was the no-brainer. It took a while to get the lines since he had a hectic week in the United Kingdom, but man; IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT. Cheesin

More to come yo.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

spritework is pretty impressive. No doubt a massive undertaking.
I think we havent seen a project with original character content of this scale since card fighters.
Not to take away from some lesser projects such as shades of manhattan but those on face value looked more like edits of existing bodies of work compared to totally sprited from the ground up.
I'm assuming the 4-buttom scheme is a bonus in that it cuts down the spriting process by eliminating the need to sprite 2 additional attacks to each character.
Actually that would technically be 6 including jumping and crouching animations

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Vermilion Spy wrote:spritework is pretty impressive. No doubt a massive undertaking.
I think we havent seen a project with original character content of this scale since card fighters.
Not to take away from some lesser projects such as shades of manhattan but those on face value looked more like edits of existing bodies of work compared to totally sprited from the ground up.
I'm assuming the 4-buttom scheme is a bonus in that it cuts down the spriting process by eliminating the need to sprite 2 additional attacks to each character.
Actually that would technically be 6 including jumping and crouching animations

Less sprite work is definitely one part of it. The other part is that I'm ironically better at 4-button games than 6-button games, and I figured it's time to just gear it towards something I like instead of trying to appease everybody. No disrespect to anyone who likes 6-button fighters, though.

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 32795826767_bd9bc92b05_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)

I Like 6-button gameplay because I am better at capcom games than I am at neogeo games, but that doesnt mean it wont be just as fun!
Also I think its cool you are spriting Laguna from VIII because hes one of my favorite characters from the Final Fantasy series!

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Been a while since I updated this topic.

The select screen portion for my screenpack commission, which is being handled by Ex-Sirius is complete, you can check it out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. We're putting it on hold for now, but we'll resume, with the next focus being the main menu and VS screens.

Tessa is nearly at 50% completion; just enough to be a fully-fledged punching bag; should be able to finish her remaining get-hit animations relatively soon in the coming weeks. Current WIP animation:

I will edit the animation so that it flows a bit smoother, even with just 3 frames.

In a few weeks, I'll be putting up the project's official Twitter account and public Discord server with a playable build of Ryu and Tessa (in punching bag mode) for people to play around with and provide bug reports for. Will post links here when it's all up.

Oxocube likes this post

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)

The select screen is so beautiful man!
Its like a big 2022 Title and looks even better than most new games select screen man!

hatter likes this post

Oxocube

Oxocube

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

the character sprites and logos and the select screen designs looks so beautiful and professional my friend, it will truly be a great and amazing project we will all be proud of to see and enjoy my friend =)

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

hatter likes this post

hatter

hatter

Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Thank you for the kind words!

So, as of today, Tessa is now a fully-fledged punching bag, got the remaining parts of the announcer system set up, and work on the SP is inching along nicely. I've also finished all the portrait-related art for Ryu and Tessa, which you can check out below:

(some of these are old images, I will upload new ones later)

This means that, with the progress I've made over a year and a half of work, I can now finally signal boost the game. I will be working on making the Twitter account, and we'll hopefully have it up on Monday.

Thanks for all the support you've shown!

xXEnchanter.ZuXx likes this post

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[ACTIVE]Official CAPCOM vs Square: Parallel Destinies WIP Thread By Hatter/Yahyanass (Sponsored by Team Newagemugen) 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Looking good man looking good!
Those portraits are looking smexy as hell. That artwork is incredible amigo.
The screenpack design overall so far looks like some proffessional eyecandy for the masses amigo!
I can't wait to see come of the new characters we dont have yet in mugen come to life!
Who do you have in mind to create first?

hatter likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum