One thing I noticed is that in Arcade mode, for some reason, only the P2 emblem is shown, and I can only control it with the P2 controls (numpad):[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
This isn't the case in the VS. Mode:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And when I checked Arcade mode in V1.1, it was showing correctly:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Regarding this, I have done some investigation and some tests to try and figure out why you are experiencing this bug.
I tried to replicate the bug but it doesnt seem to be affecting me on 2 of the PCs I have tested things on so far.
To the best of my knowledge, the only governing factor that controls which Player/Controller is active in Mugen 1.1, is the Button Keymapping settings inside the Mugen.cfg.
There is no other place where these settings can be changed/altered, therefore the source of this issue lies somewhere between the mugen.cfg key settings, and possibly some external factor/software/hardware effecting how the inputs are being read by Mugen 1.1.
But regardless, I have done thotough testing to see if we can isolate the problem on your end.
So I have done the following tests:
1. Reconfirmed the Button Keymap settings inside the Mugen.cfg, and make sure they are consistent with what is appearing in-game.
This is the code in use inside the Mugen.cfg file. These settings should be the same in both your original CVSQ V1.1, and the new Version 1.2:
P1.UseKeyboard = 1
P2.UseKeyboard = 1
;0 - Disabled
;1 - Enabled
P1.Joystick.type = 1
P2.Joystick.type = 1
;Command input direction mode
;0 - Commands are input in direction player faces
;1 - Commands are input in direction of nearest opponent (experimental; do not use)
InputDirMode = 0
;0 - Only pause key will unpause
;1 - Any key unpauses if there is no menu
AnyKeyUnpauses = 0
; P1 Key config (configurable from M.U.G.E.N)
Jump = 273
Crouch = 274
Left = 276
Right = 275
A = 122
B = 120
C = 99
X = 97
Y = 115
Z = 100
Start = 13
; P2 Key config (configurable from M.U.G.E.N)
Jump = 264
Crouch = 258
Left = 260
Right = 262
A = 44
B = 46
C = 47
X = 108
Y = 59
Z = 39
Start = 271
Jump = 9
Crouch = 10
Left = 11
Right = 12
A = 13
B = 14
C = 20
X = 15
Y = 16
Z = 18
Start = 24
Jump = 41
Crouch = 42
Left = 43
Right = 44
A = 46
B = 47
C = 52
X = 45
Y = 48
Z = 50
Start = 54
2. secondly, I will show you what the inputs are as per these settings on my end via a Keyboard diagram hilighting which keymappings are in use for the screenpack for Player 1 and Player 2. Please see the diagram below:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
As you can see, this for example means that using ASDZXC or ENTER key on the main keyboard will enter the game modes via the player one side.
Equally, using the keys L;',./ or ENTER key on the NUMPAD side, will enter the game modes via the player 2 side.
3.Now for the third test, I have opened up Mugen Options menu to look at the input config to ensure these keymappings match what is shown above.
(please see a demonstration of this in the video below)
Then, I have used PLayer 1 keys of ASDZXC and the main ENTER key to select Arcade mode.
Then, I have done the same with the PLayer 2 Keys of l;',./ and the NUMPAD side ENTER KEY to select arcade mode.
(Also shown in the demonstration video below)
As you can see above, the Option mode Button config ingame, and the mugen.cfg settings match, also using both P1 and P2 keymappings as per the keyboard layout example image shown are functioning correctly and both P1 and P2 are able to access Arcade mode and have their respective cursors show.
In summary, unfortunately as everything seems to be working properly via all testing on my end, I am completely lost as to why you are experiencing the issue on your end. My only other suggestions would be to try the following:
1. Without adding/editing any settings, run the game on the New updated Build I am sending you immediately after extraction and see if the issue still is present.
2. Check for any 3rd party apps/controllers/joy2key/directinput/hardware/software changes on your PC that may be interferring with inputs.
3. Try remapping both P1 and P2 keys to something other than what is in use, EG 123456 and 7 for enter on P1 side, and/or "qwertyU" etc for P2 side and see if those keys make a difference?
4. Try overwriting the Mugen.cfg with the default Mugen.cfg File from a vanilla Mugen 1.1, then slowly replace the settings one by one to see if one or another is causing some sort of strange interruption
Other than that the only other test I havent tried is sending a copy to another one of our team here to test ( only our senior staff of course like Zu, Fredo, Vspy, Phantom D, Oxo and CancerMan etc as they are trustworthy to not share/leak anything from our team and often beta test for me)
So hopefully somewhere here after all of this the issue solves itself. FOr now, just hold tight until i send you the V1.2.5 Update.