Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vampire: Season of the Souls full game WIP

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Full Game Vampire: Season of the Souls full game WIP on Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:16 am

Guardia de Mieux

Guardia de Mieux

Vampire:  Season of the Souls full game WIP SPOGNVp
Hello everyone,

My name is Guardia de Mieux (Over the internet, of course!) and I am a new to this forum. I just wanted to take this opportunity to inform everyone about my project, Vampire: Season of the Souls.  It is a darkstalkers full mugen game with custom gameplay.  Here is the background information

VAMPIRE:  SEASON OF THE SOULS is game created from the customizable 2d fighting game program called mugen.  Although I have always been a street fighter fan, I felt creating a Darkstalkers mugen game could be opportunity to test my creativity.  In all the years I have been using mugen no one has yet to make a full mugen darkstalkers game. I’ve only found compilations of games with characters and stages from many different authors.  However, the game play is altered from the traditional Darkstalker games.  I wanted to try something different other than mimic a real game.  So I kind of created my own custom fighting system.  That’s the whole point of mugen, right?

Unique Mugen Features not available by Default:
Character Introductions and win poses are not skippable
Custom  victory screens
Automatic Control of Partner character in simulation mode
Training Mode Detection
Demo Mode Detection
Story Mode Detection
Score system with bonus points

Full Game Fighting System Features:  
Dizzy
Guard Break
Life regenerator
Dash Movement
Retreat And Stand
Recovery
Tech throws
Advanced Guarding
Guard cancel
Offensive blocking
Regular Chain Combos
Power up mode
Super attacks
Desperation attack gauge

Here is the video link, and thanks for all of your support!!!:

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Vampire:  Season of the Souls full game WIP 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
Wow! Now where has this special mugen gem been hiding?
I love the style and the original feel of the screenpack not to mention the intricate original combat system. It also looks like you have utilised the add004 score and extra combo and attack announcer messages and customised them yourself. The hitsparks work well and I’m guessing it has been a lot of working customising each character and adding hyper ports. Can’t wait to see more of this buddy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vampire:  Season of the Souls full game WIP P21sO8E

Guardia de Mieux

Guardia de Mieux

Thanks xXEnchanter.ZuXx!!! But I got to give credit where it is due, the score system, bonus points, and score total I got from Rajaa Boy (MFG Forum Code Library).  I Just used some of the effects from the old Add004.  What I did get from the new add004 was the fight system messages (Counter, Recovery, ect) Round Messages, and combo counter.  In the 2014 addon release, There was a way to determine the hitcount from the increments of life loss.  I used this so I wouldn't have to use the hitadd stcrtl in custom hit states.  I also used some effects from the old add004 to design the messages (box style).  Almost forgot, I used Syn's custom counter code so I could customize the combo counter in case I wanted to make it more flashy.
For the lifebars, I used some coding from Rednavi's full game tutorial (CVSW). I just want to make sure I give credit from all of the resources I use.  Thank you, and thanks for the support!!!! Thumbs Up

4Full Game Re: Vampire: Season of the Souls full game WIP on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:18 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Vampire:  Season of the Souls full game WIP 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
smart cookie.

That's a really good to see you are utilizing those old coding segments used in Rednavi and syns work (funfact, Newagemugen was originally formed by the main members of club syndicate aka Syns original forum. Most of us started this site right after Syn closed his forum in 2009/2010). Well you have a fan here anyway. keep up the good work son Dat behind

You may be interested in using the Mugen Hook addon or the latest add004 patch as this now allows for animated portraits. I havent tested myself but I will be adding to 3 screenpacks in the near future.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Guardia de Mieux

Guardia de Mieux

Thanks Phant0mD.  I was a big fan of you guys work back in the day.  Club Syndicate mugen was dope.  Man, that Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter Screenpack you guys are working on is jaw dropping. It takes some real talent to design something like that.  Anyway, thanks and I appreciate the support!!!

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Vampire:  Season of the Souls full game WIP 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
haha thanks man. That means alot. Yeah well the spirit of club syndicate still lives on here. It was quiet for a few years until we reassembled all of the old team on discord. Now many old creators have come back to mugen which rocks. Lol as for the dsvs sf project, its faaar from complete. Almost everything done so far will be changing and upgrading. New animations and screen transitions are being added on every beta. Most of what you see is just temporary place holder stuff until we gine tune every part of the game screens and make it look and feel like a real capcom arcade game

http://www.negative-edge.net

7Full Game Re: Vampire: Season of the Souls full game WIP on Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:23 pm

Guardia de Mieux

Guardia de Mieux

Well, so far everything looks incredible.  Keep up the good work and good luck with the project!!! Thumbs Up

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum