Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gen's WIP of Time

+13
ExCham
Watta
100SadPandas
Dissidia
Psyre
HUNGRY WOLF
jeanbureau
GRAYFOX
Markpachi
G
Vegaz_Parrelli
Jazz Jam Jizzle
Demitri
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:07 am

Psyre

Psyre

Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Genesis wrote:
Lithium wrote:Is this 1.1?
HungryWolf wrote:Damn Gen! that city stage look NICE!!!
I hope its for 1.1 :D
Thanks. It's not for 1.1 =/ If it was wider I'd be more inclined to make it for 1.1.

HolDeezNutz wrote:
See..what you need to do is make that a night sky, then add a nice crescent moon in the distance add some people on the side walk, lounging around, talking w/e, you could make them shadowy like how hank did in his punch drunk stage, as for the Eiffel tower looking building you should have those blue-ish lights change color at a slow pace ooooor have them change to a different color depending on the round you're on, ummm...as for that building with the grid like pattern...you could have it like those buildings on 42nd street the ones that show commercials and whatnot. And like, right in front of the tower you could have the entrance blocked off for construction of some shit, idk.

Just gave that stage some life

Dat behind
Ok so first off, this is how it looks fully [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
there is a night sky......at the top. Originally i was gonna add a crescent moon (high five) but that fucking Tokyo tower....not even you would render that from the orig pic. where the hell am i getting people from that remotely fit? Hank used a particle illusion emitter. Cant make anything change based on rounds without character coding (mugen sucks). I'm so using that last idea, dunno why i couldnt think of that >_>
MP wrote:Maybe you could add a monitor on the far left building? That might add more life to the stage.
I suppose I could make it like Times Square with monitors and shit since you and Az suggested something similar.

Thank you peeple
First off, *high five* second that's what i meant with the people thing, like, i was thinking do it the way hank did and shrink it to fit where need be.

27Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:07 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

Duuuude, add Valvrave/Eva-01 in the background. That BG is so fitting!

28Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:03 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

29Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 pm

Demitri

Demitri

Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 RjBqV68
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

TECHNICALLY there was a giant robot in the orig bg Cheesin 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

30Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:06 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

I didnt like how the monitors looked so i scrapped the idea altogether.
I tried adding traffic cones but that didnt work out well...

I can probably add some do not cross tape on the forefront and blackjack it, but past that idk wtf to add
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Dont mind the top

Im really low on ideas.... v.v my creativity is dying

31Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:31 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

- Maybe you could code the tower's lights to change color from blue to red to green using transitional  fade-out codes.

- You could add parked drift cars on the back. The stage itself right now kinda reminds me of Initial D/Wangan.

- Lights turning on in some of the rooms, on the left part of the stage.

- You could try coding an animated tint overlay for the stage. An overlay that changes colors.  Sometimes, the most simple things are the one that brings the most impact.

- If the stage is at its scrapping point, you can't go wrong with rain.:mcmahon: 

- Eva-01/Valvrave, man. Just saying ...:Sponge: 

Also, what's up with that gigantic white thing in the BG? Is that the moon?

32Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

If you're referring to the middle tower like I think you are, it's going to be a pain. Howevr,I was playing with the idea of replacing it with a render of the real tokyo tower, then prob handling light changes manually from there.

Ironically last night I was looking for some Japanese police cars to add but none were at a workable angle, even after distortion.

No rain -_- 

Valvrave can be a last ditch effort(or collabo version after its done? With lasers and shit?)

And yes, the big white thing is in fact the moon.

33Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Krimson' by Genesis Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:59 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

So i've been very hesitant in making this thread due to my track record and the fact that although progress is being made, it isnt happening super fast due to sprite limitations at the moment. I decided to make it anyway for ideas, feedback, and feedback to my ideas.

So a few of you know im making a character, and of course i chose K but i dont want or intend for my K' to be just like every other K', or overpowered and cheap, or boring and unoriginal. I want him to be fun to use.

Why the name Krimson? Red/Crimson is kinda his color. There will be lots of it.

Now i haven't done any serious coding in a character since 2009, so im rusty as hell plus i was never that amazing anyway. Honestly, i feel like im better in some ways now than i was back then.
Anyway enough of that

What's done so far:
-Basics pretty much covered, though im surprisingly having an issue with having the attacks change when he's close to the opponent, but thats prob due to me not wanting to use the ifelse expression
-Added SyN's Dramatic K.O. Code, and lowered the time
-2 special moves coded so far:

• Blitz: which is basically his slide being used as an attack. It's cooler than it sounds. I'll prob some sexy fx to it later
    ^old shot btw
  • ??? Punch: I still dunno what to call this yet, and it will prob be a 3-link chain combo (think Iori)

-Parries are pretty much in already, just gotta adjust the air parry sprite since he never had one

Supers:
-None yet
Spoiler:

To Do List(Reminder for myself):
-Give him more intros (& code custom intros with Geo and Excahm's chars)
-Make more custom sprites
-Color separate those sprites (damn you Mikel!!!!!!)
-Code more supers
-Decide on a lvl3 and stop procrastinating
-Give him a running charge attack
-Fix the counter explod
-Code First Attack (this is a lot harder than you'd think)
-Code Just Defence
-Make the stance change when Ex Mode is active
-Air Dash
-Air Combos
-CODE THE DAMN THROW
-Code the Guardcrush
-Maybe add an Overclock gauge/mode?
-Finish the Thank You section of the Readme
-???

I want him heavily to be melee based, but then projectile users would have a huge advantage over him
So code a projectile or two right? Nah i'll want to give him tons of projectiles then

The idea of giving him a teleport has alsocome to me, but as he is i dont think he needs it/it wouldnt suit him.

However, i have considered some kind of mode change or transformation where these things become active.
I just dont know how to and if i want to do this. Reason being, Dragon Guy was completely melee based and people were really wanted him. Once SyN finally finished him, and added projectiles, no one gave a shit anymore. No one keeps him their rosters. I even hate his projectiles. He was fine without them.

I digress.
I just cant decide one completely melee based, partial melee based, or mode changing.
Mode changing is stupid imo. but idk

Also what else can yall suggest to make him different but fun or whatever?

Last edited by Genesis on Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total

34Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:35 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Even though no one has posted yet...
Added an aura to Max/Ex mode and he flickers red instead of the normal white

35Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:06 am

100SadPandas

100SadPandas

Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 50086984306_129c06f147_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Mode changing sounds good if you can pull it off right, you can put the teleporting in that. I'd say completely melee based, and to combat projectiles make his up-fire-kick thing destroy them or knock them back. I think that would be a good way to fend of projectile spam.
Lemme think...
Don't overstuff him with combos like you said, um, I'm liking the aura. I dunno. It looks good so far though.

36Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:31 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

But what would the requirements be to do the mode change?
Use the ex mode for it?
Use up a super bar or 2?

The knock back thing can only work on helpers iirc. I COULD make him shoot his own back in place of that. idk i'll read up on it/experiemnt a little

37Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:36 am

100SadPandas

100SadPandas

Newsboy (Stone)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

I'd say use the EX mode. Just my opinion though.

38Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:41 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Alright then.

I need to change that meter, but i like it being bound to him. hmmmm what to do what to do

39Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I skimmed over your post, I don't have enough time right now because I have something really important to do. Sorry if I missed an important detail.

- Will you be basing his gameplay off an already existing one?
- Will Krimson' use new voice clips?
- I have a suggestion for the three-hit string attack. "Velvet Revolver" sounds pretty cool, and it's kinda like a nod to the band of same name.

Spoiler:

40Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 am

Psyre

Psyre

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

ok, ideas time....

You can keep him pure melee based and give him moves that snuff projectiles like hugo's clap and alex's qcf+p move.

mode change....Genei-jin?

how about giving him a counter like Heihachi's, he'll still take the hit but the damage will be reduced and he'll counter the attack.

as for the tele, i really dont see why not..i mean that slide shit he does is kinda already a teleport Wat 

custom sprites by that you mean new moves right? if so i got a few ideas..

for custom intro's you could...give him one with waru's kyo, kinda like ken and terry's intro, kyo picks up K's shades fakes as if hes gonna throw it/or he could just throw it *shrug* (which K' will kinda jolt like he's gonna catch it) then sets it on fire and throws it at him. Ikuze.

custom intro #2 O.iori and your k, they both throw projectiles at each other then iori superjumps and tries to land an hk in which K' either blocks with his elbow and slides across the screen (or just slides) then K' tries to land that flying kick thing which iori counters with HIS slide (rage of the 8 maidens i think) (it would slide under k's kick mind you) annnd..well..K' put on his shades and the fight starts.

custom intro #3 Gouki/Shin Gouki vs K' ok...K' puts on his shades then about 8 seconds later Akuma jumps down from where? idk, anyways, jumps down doing his d+mk then does his ddd+pp (fist fucking slam) which then breaks K's causing him to flinch, bam round 1. Messatsu..

last one, custom intro #4 Rock vs K' they both throw a light jab (supposed to look like brofisting ala ken/ryu intro) then...then K' tries to trip Rock (standing lk i believe?) it does, K' laughs then rock does a wake up qcf+hp which K parries both hits then he does his super where he does the dash punch thingy(add a shade toss up prior to the dash punch) which rock counters with his mk parry then he follows up with a hp rising takckle.

and yo, people wont lose interest if you dont take for-fucking-ever like syn did to update/release his shit.

41Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:34 am

100SadPandas

100SadPandas

Newsboy (Stone)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Was this what you were talking about last night? Just remembered that. I don't mind thinking of a custom intro with you.

I thought it would be cool if he had some over the top crimson supers. Like how about when he has the aura, he like, makes it attack the other enemy?

Or maybe that's just stupid.

42Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:36 am

Psyre

Psyre

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

100SadPandas wrote:
I thought it would be cool if he had some over the top crimson supers. Like how about when he has the aura, he like, makes it attack the other enemy?

*looks at eddie* not stupid at all...why didnt i think of that

43Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:38 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

omg Gen made a stage AND FINSHED IT? NO WAY!!! lajsdasjkldasjld

*sees the thread is in projects section*

Frustrated 

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

44Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:25 am

G

G

Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

This has nothing to do with a stage though..

You seem to be interested in names for supers/moves involving the devil, why not call the three chain link "Devils Dukes"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.newagemugen.com/

45Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:49 pm

HUNGRY WOLF

HUNGRY WOLF

Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Awesome thread Gen, loving the ideas you have in store for him.

46Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

A lot of shit to reply to..

Markpachi wrote:I skimmed over your post, I don't have enough time right now because I have something really important to do. Sorry if I missed an important detail.

- Will you be basing his gameplay off an already existing one?
- Will Krimson' use new voice clips?
- I have a suggestion for the three-hit string attack. "Velvet Revolver" sounds pretty cool, and it's kinda like a nod to the band of same name.

Spoiler:

It's fine.

-Not really, no.
-I didnt plan on using new ones but if i do it'll be like either Xemnas, or Chaos from Duodecim, those are the only options.You have inspired me,im giving him a new voice and i know who from already. Thanks.
-I think i might go with glb's but i can use that for another move :D
About the bars, you know i released those back in June right? They're on MFFA tho. DIdnt you wonder how Alp had them?
Wait a bit though, i started updating them like a month ago so dont nab the one out
or do it idc. i just wouldnt tho
100SadPandas wrote:Was this what you were talking about last night? Just remembered that. I don't mind thinking of a custom intro with you.

I'd wait till you started coding Apex, maybe even longer then, and do that.

Over the top i dont mind, just havent exactly tried coding anything over the top yet. I like that idea though, so i'll do it.
Shit, that means i gotta code this as a helper now.

Watta wrote:omg Gen made a stage AND FINSHED IT? NO WAY!!! lajsdasjkldasjld

*sees the thread is in projects section*

Frustrated 
G wrote:
This has nothing to do with a stage though..
Watta, i'll solve this problem right now. I quit stages. I'll never make a stage again. Your dreams have just been shattered.

Now back to Krimson.
G wrote:
You seem to be interested in names for supers/moves involving the devil, why not call the three chain link "Devils Dukes"
Well anything demonic should work i guess. Red just kinda made me go in that route.
That'll work (for now at least) Thanks.

Az i'll get to your big ass post in a few.

Thanks Wolf

47Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:18 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

My dreams have been shattered? Hellnaw, I'm quite glad actually What a Face

This looks like a cool edit man, don't forgot to add a Neomax attack with epilepsy causing fire effects  Twisted Evil 

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

48Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:32 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

I'll do it because you asked :P

49Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:10 pm

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ok i coded two more specials and i fixed this bug that the aura had, but now im questioning if the aura should stay because it looks weird at times.

Also, i feel like im just coding moves just to fill up space. I dont feel like there's a clear system im yet.
It just feels random.

Should I stop here and make up exactly how i want the system to be or just keep going and do that later?

50Gen's WIP of Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Gen's WIP of Time Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:25 pm

100SadPandas

100SadPandas

Newsboy (Stone)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Think of a system. Never hurts you but makes everything better. Contrasting, no system doesn't exactly hurt anything, but stuff gets, for lack of a better term, jumbled.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum