Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad?

+6
Phant0mD
D.O.W.X.
CancerManXIII
Shakti♥chu<3
-Metal SK-
SuperWhiskey
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

So, let's discuss Mugen videos. We have been watching them on Youtube since 2005.
They are as much a part of Mugen as mugen itself. Everybody and his dog has a mugen video channel, or had one at some point.
Mugen videos have come a long way since then. There's still some dragons out there, but there is lots of good content to boot.
but what nobody really ever talks about is what makes a good video and what makes a bad video.
What do you think a mugen video should have to be considered good/bad or acceptable/unacceptable?
Is there a community standard on other mugen communities for videos or does nobody really talk about it?
lets talk

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? FXzcO3r

-Metal SK-, Phant0mD and Shakti♥chu<3 like this post

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Well a good Mugen youtuber should put lots of effort into the video and the content.
A nice short intro and a clear good quality picture.
Some cool soundtracks
and all the information on where to get the contents shown too.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 5a600110_800x600

Shakti♥chu<3 likes this post

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

Well for me a good video has to be presented well if you want to have a following, you should make your videos with passion.
Thats not just for mugen but any youtuber who cares about their account^^
A nice snazzy intro. presentation is a must! kind of like the forum here!

-Metal SK- wrote:Well a good Mugen youtuber should put lots of effort into the video and the content.
A nice short intro and a clear good quality picture.
Some cool soundtracks
and all the information on where to get the contents shown too.

I agree The BGM has to be a groovy tune^^

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

What makes a mugen video good or bad?
Good be like:
Quality, a slick intro, a well put together mugen build with nice stages and non broken characters. 1080p or better is all i watch for resolution.
Originality, video editing, showing off rare stages or characters or personal edits.

Now Time to hurt feelings with #facts Crying

Videos with shitty resolution like 480p in this decade are just...no.
Spamming the same repetitive garbage like kyo edit vs kyo edit vs iori boss are just ...no.
Bad localcoord settings in widescreen fights where the characters are fucking huge and not scaled down are just...no
Messed up screenpacks where the portraits arent configured properly are just...no.

Last edited by CancerManXIII on Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? KwiHzMC

D.O.W.X.

D.O.W.X.

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

While the aforementioned enhance the viewership and are nice qualities to have when putting a video together. It's usually the channels that utilize the bad traits (and then some) to the letter and end up racking up subs - achieving silver play buttons and beyond.

Look no further than yours truly.
I personify almost every good trait that has been mentioned in this thread but as of this post have yet to crack 500 subs. Sure, my uploads have been infrequent at times but I have content dating back a decade that would outclass most channels mugen content. But it is what it is.

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? Forumcombosig_zps2e9b2ecf
Newager...That Vid Guy...THA CULT OF PERSONALITY
slangin tees  study teepublic.com/user/dowx20
https://www.youtube.com/user/daothaweaponx20

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

D.O.W.X. wrote: as of this post have yet to crack 500 subs.

I just had a quick squizz at your channel setup.
you could be getting a lot more potential traffic my guy but your videos aren't quite set up properly.
You should read this carefully and make sure you have all the right links posted in your header etc.
https://www.newagemugen.com/t4114-newagemugen-cinema-network-members-guide-updated-april-2022

if unsure, have a look at vegaz's channel or D2TD or any of the other Cinema network accs. We gotchu fam.

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Oxocube

Oxocube

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

That's a very good topic of discussion.
I often have them on playback in the background while I am doing many things around the house like working on my models.
In my opinion, I believe quality over quantity is always going to be the most important ingredient in making a good youtube channel. NewagemugenTV is a great example of this and one of my favorites of course.

What I think Mugen Youtubers should be careful of, is to not fall a victim to oversaturating their content with all those advertisements , hashtags and walls of text and self promotion. I think that can become a turn off for us Mugen fans.
Now it is sad to see that almost everybody wants to have some kind of social media fame or recognition, so we can often forget the innocent fun of mugen and get lost trying to oversell ourselves or our "brand" to the viewer.
Mugen was never about social media, likes, subscribers or views, it was always about innocent fun and the love of retro 2d fighting games, so i love channels that focus on the content and not just downloading some characters and stages to film a video and ask for subscribers or donations.
Lets bring back the good old days of mugen!

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? WEOuZsG

[LOCK+KEY]

[LOCK+KEY]

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? Ya01log
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

I think all you really need for a good MUGEN video is have some professionalism and put in effort. It's super easy to just record a match between two AI characters and upload it to YouTube, but an in-depth review of a character and showcasing their movelists and offering some quality talking points would make for a better video in my opinion.

There is always sleep between part and meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

So let us part like we always do...
And in a world without you
I'll dream of you.

When I come to, let us meet
with our usual words on the usual street.

Elazul9000 likes this post

Elazul9000

Elazul9000

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

[LOCK+KEY] wrote:I think all you really need for a good MUGEN video is have some professionalism and put in effort. It's super easy to just record a match between two AI characters and upload it to YouTube, but an in-depth review of a character and showcasing their movelists and offering some quality talking points would make for a better video in my opinion.

I agree with you about how its easy for anyone to just record AI battles and upload to youtube.
Anyone can do that and it only makes it harder to sift through the content horde to find the good stuff.

Also I think that what makes a youtube video or channel good is high quality of recording the video.
A 1080p HD video that is 60fps with no lag is the search filter i use so anything under it I dont even see in my search results.

What makes a video bad also is when the characters and the stages and the lifebars are not matched well together.
I like to see a video that looks like it could be a real game from another parallel universe if you understand what i mean. I like it to look like as if the 2D arcade era never ended and only got better with time. Also i dont really like commentary videos or people talking over the video but thats a personal preference so it is debateable.

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? IuFetyD

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

D.O.W.X. wrote:While the aforementioned enhance the viewership and are nice qualities to have when putting a video together. It's usually the channels that utilize the bad traits (and then some) to the letter and end up racking up subs - achieving silver play buttons and beyond.

Look no further than yours truly.
I personify almost every good trait that has been mentioned in this thread but as of this post have yet to crack 500 subs. Sure, my uploads have been infrequent at times but I have content dating back a decade that would outclass most channels mugen content. But it is what it is.

Some pointers i'd say would be start using 1080p not 720p.
That's been the preferred norm by the algo since like 2015.
If its numbers you want then you have to realise how youtube works and who the competition is.

Also like, relativity is a big thing.
Your channel from my first impression appeals to the retro gamer or old inner city gamer cats.
Or 30+ casuals who probably were 2D fighter gamers peaking in the 2000s.
That audience is deadass now compared to the youth who are on awhole other thing so thats also a factor. Who are you trying to attract.
There would be whole states full of 18-25 yos that wouldnt probably even look once at these type of channels because its not relatable compared to dbz naruto ya dig
so yeah, idk if this is helpful or not but thought id just give my 2 cents

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? KwiHzMC

D.O.W.X. likes this post

D.O.W.X.

D.O.W.X.

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Super Soldier (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

The critique is noted. now that I'm settling into my new tower and have a 1.1 build in the works. I'm overhauling the way I things on the mugen side.

As far as aesthetics is concerned. I've been around the block to see channels literally B.S. / avant-garde their way to 50K-70k. Not to mention channels LITERALLY copy my aesthetic and get 4 times the audience/views.

The common denominator comes down to me not being as active with my uploads. But I'm working on that

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? Forumcombosig_zps2e9b2ecf
Newager...That Vid Guy...THA CULT OF PERSONALITY
slangin tees  study teepublic.com/user/dowx20
https://www.youtube.com/user/daothaweaponx20

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

D.O.W.X. wrote:The critique is noted. now that I'm settling into my new tower and have a 1.1 build in the works. I'm overhauling the way I things on the mugen side.

As far as aesthetics is concerned. I've been around the block to see channels literally B.S. / avant-garde their way to 50K-70k. Not to mention channels LITERALLY copy my aesthetic and get 4 times the audience/views.

The common denominator comes down to me not being as active with my uploads. But I'm working on that  

you should be careful friend about chasing after views.
It is normally that when you are wanting more views and attention you wont get it.
But then if you make something really special and interesting that is cool to a wide audience of fanss in a natural way then it will have natural success.

For example of someone makes a video called "Sonic Mania speed run no continues" it is of course going to get a wide audience because sonic fans, gamers, non players who just like to watch, and people interested in record breaking are all the different fans it will attract. simple and to the point.
But if I make a video with a strange title like "the sonic jam in the donut store" and it is referencing something only me and small group of people in a certain place or area live or an inside friends joke then it is obscure nobodycan relate to the video. I think this is what CancerMan means with relating to the video. Maybe this is also a tip that is useful for you friend, and I wish you luck on your video channel growth

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 5a600110_800x600

AcidUnleashed

AcidUnleashed

What Makes a Mugen video/youtube channel Good or Bad? 2GPpdMR
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

Lol I used to just post random shit I was working on or proudly edited on youtube lol

Yes you see the smile but don't be alarmed
I only smile when I am around friends!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum