Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

When people ask you how you've been and what you've been doing,
do you find yourself saying "I've been busy irl" or "I dont have the time" often?
Every now and then I like to bounce these types of topics off my friends, and I think this is something us gamers can think about^^

How do you rate your time management and life management skills on a scale of 1-10?
DO you use your time very wisely to get lots of things done in study/work/children/household?
Or are you poor time management and you spend too much time doing non-productive activities or wasting time without even knowing?
Lets talk about it^^

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Personally I believe it is human nature to masquerade ones lifestyle pace at least a little bit. Its a defensive social cue.
Also a survival instinct.

When you see someone you haven't seen in a long time especially old friends or colleagues,
its human nature to open the conversation with "so what have you been up to?"
which is normally followed by "oh Ive been so busy".
We tend to masquerade and exaggerate our life situation to keep face and seem more successful than we may really be.

Nobody wants to look or sound like they aren't busy because being busy is associated with business.
And business means work and work means money. Money means success.
And the social norm dictates that a busy person, is a productive person, and a busy productive person is a successful business person.
The same way we used to be hunter gatherers and wear the skin of dead animals to show how busy and successful we have been.
If you pay attention, you will see people doing this all the time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:When people ask you how you've been and what you've been doing,
do you find yourself saying "I've been busy irl" or "I dont have the time" often?
Every now and then I like to bounce these types of topics off my friends, and I think this is something us gamers can think about^^

How do you rate your time management and life management skills on a scale of 1-10?
DO you use your time very wisely to get lots of things done in study/work/children/household?
Or are you poor time management and you spend too much time doing non-productive activities or wasting time without even knowing?
Lets talk about it^^

I would rate myself a 6 on time management.
I used to waste a lot of time on the internet staring at nothing on my phone until i installed the screen time app to limit myself.
Video games and watching streaming services and youtube are what waste all your time man.
Having family are a good excuse to not have time. but it depends on the context.

Vermilion Spy wrote:
Nobody wants to look or sound like they aren't busy because being busy is associated with business.
And business means work and work means money. Money means success.
And the social norm dictates that a busy person, is a productive person, and a busy productive person is a successful business person.
The same way we used to be hunter gatherers and wear the skin of dead animals to show how busy and successful we have been.
If you pay attention, you will see people doing this all the time.

Nobody is ever really too busy, and nobody really ever doesn't have enough time to do anything.
Time is infinite and your priorities are the only thing that dictate how your time is used.
If somebody says they don't have enough time to do something, it is only because they didn't put a priority on using their time for that activity.
But this is a very personal thing people will keep to themself because nobody likes to have their life looked at under the microscope to see how they waste time, like playing video games all the time or watching TV and things

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management FXzcO3r

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

How busy are you REALLY? Time management vs life management 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

SuperWhiskey wrote:
If somebody says they don't have enough time to do something, it is only because they didn't put a priority on using their time for that activity.
But this is a very personal thing people will keep to themself because nobody likes to have their life looked at under the microscope to see how they waste time, like playing video games all the time or watching TV and things

I totally agree with that. that's quite an accurate way to put it.
I don't like to use the word busy, but I do have certain places I need to be for set time periods doing certain things be it work or family,
but that doesn't mean that I don't have the choice on how I allocate my spare time.
The way I manage my time is by being considerate of others.
If someone has dedicated a lot of their time on something that involves me or may require my input or participation I always try to give my time back as gratitude. I guess that's why they say time is money?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum