Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days?

+2
Phant0mD
CancerManXIII
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
I look around on yourube and various forums to always see the "next big thing" but I never seem to get awestruck...
I see basically trhe same old projects. MVC2 edit of "this" character, cvsnk style "that" character.
anime character chibi this and that. The same overused kof character edits.
And dont get me started on screenpack and UI design.
Other than you Newagemugen savages, there really isnt anyone else out there pushing the bar that I can see or thinking out the square.
What is the reason or am I just wrong?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? KwiHzMC

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? 50086984306_129c06f147_o
I could explain it like goldilocks and the 3 bears lol.

Think of cold porridge as awesome coding.
Think of hot porridge as awesome digital designwork.

To have something that is good in mugen requires a creator with a perfect balance of the 2.

The best designer may suck at coding or not know how to make practical creations for anyone to use.

The best coder only is interested in features, abilities, and gameplay - not anything audiovisual.

like a left brain vs right brain.

Also anyone can learn coding from reading the mugen docs, but graphic design and digital art is an extra-curricular skill which requires education/training and practice to be skilled at and is not related to mugen at all. So unless the porridge is a mix of the two, it will never be juuuuuust right and you are left with the same recycled creations from that ONE time someone made something combining a bit of the 2.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? 50086984306_129c06f147_o
quite true.
Well it has always been monkey see and then monkey do in mugen.
Also it takes more effort to create something original from scratch compared to editing an already existing creation.
Every now and then you will have one super saiyan creator that releases a bunvh of awesome things and they become the new recycled template for the better.

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? P21sO8E

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Both of you definitely right in that regard.
What I don't understand is if it is deliberate or not.
But to me it just seems like there was way more creativity say 5 years ago compared to now.
Its still just MVC edits, CVS edits and anime characters and most stages (except you guys) are very lackluster and boring

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? KwiHzMC

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
Yes there is not so many creative people anymore because they cant use Mugen 1.1 properly
or they didnt learn enough about art and creation design.
Also if you dont have imagination cant create stuff very well that is original

Oxocube

Oxocube

I would have to agree with there being a lack of creativity in Mugen in the last couple of years.
I only became active again in Mugen in the last year or so after a Veeeeeery long hiatus, and I must say that there was tons more unique and bizarre creations going on say 9 years ago compared to what i seen this last year.
My idea on why it is like this is because most of the creators that laid the ground work down back in the old times on winmugen are retired for a long time now and the work they did has just been repeatedly edited and copied without anything new added.
Also I think alot of people just became unmotivated and distracted with the internet and social aspect of mugen that they dont go deep into the hours of night working hard on original stuff like we used to

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? WEOuZsG

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Is there a lack of creativity in mugen these days? 29630307338_927318ed53_o
I used to love all the touhou edit characters that had moves from street fighter characters and stuff like that.
We dont see so many of those type of things anymore.
Probably because of anime we dont need to use imagination as much hehe

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum