Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

NAMTron

NAMTron

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images 49815688183_39d839842d_o

Now that you have a basic understanding of the history of MUGEN, you're ready to start joining mugen website forums and chat groups and participate in the community!
And that includes joining us here at newagemugen!

Now you are probably wondering, is a goddamn tutorial on how to use a website forum and post stuff necessary!?
Well the answer is quite simple. YES. lol.
Times have changed.
There is a huge chunk of the mugen community out there with no knowledge on forum posting, HTML, link embedding and things of that nature.

Why you ask? During the mugen golden era (as we explained in part 1) 95% of all mugen activity was conducted on mugen websites with chat forums.
There was no discord or other social media platforms.
A basic understanding of how to embed links, images and videos on a website forum was mandatory, let alone correct spelling and punctuation.

In the wider mugen community, forum activity as a whole reduced significantly between 2015-2019.
This is likely due to the advent of discord, youtube, streaming platforms and others.

Here at Newagemugen, although we use discord, we still remain a somewhat "underground community" that conducts most of its mugen activities right here on our forum and in the shadows, outside the social media storm.
We find this is the most efficient way for us to create and monitor mugen masterpieces, showcase content and work on projects.
So with all that said, we will teach you how to do some basic actions on out forum to ensure you get the most out of it!

Step 1 - how to use the HTML box

When you post in our threads, you will notice this magical window. We call it the html box. Now if you are using a smartphone instead of a computer, you may not be able to see it depending on your browser and phone OS version, so we suggest using our forum on a PC when posting if you have that problem.
Anyway, here is what it looks like:

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images O3Dgv7Y

Now we are not going to explain all of its features - you can experiment with these yourself.
But there are 3 important buttons here that you must know how to use. they are:
1. The image posting button
2 . Youtube video posting button
3. Website URL button

Here we will show you them up close by number:

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images VaUc7KX

Step 2 - How to post an image

There are 2 ways to post an image.
The first way to post an image, is by using the image posting button (the one labelled as "1" in the picture in step 1).
When you click on it, a drop down window will appear that lets you paste an image link inside. Once you do that, your image should show up just fine and dandy.
IMPORTANT: make sure that your image link does not contain errors. the image link should always start with "www" and end with either .gif if it is a gif image, .png if it is a PNG image, and jpg/jpeg if it is a JPEG image.

Here is an example. Lets say i uploaded an image to the internet.
This is the URL of my image: https://i.servimg.com/u/f70/18/03/73/15/mugen011.png.
But i need to add some code to it, so it will show correct on the forum. So i use the post image button and this menu shows up:

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images Ft6COkW

I copied the image adress in the first window like shown here.
And the result, is my image shows up like this!
New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images Mugen011

But there is an even eaier way to post images. the easiest way is to get an "embed link" from websites like Imgur.com. This is called a BBCODE.

This is the way 99% of people post images on every mugen website on planet earth. Isn't that cool?

So, if you go to any image hosting site and upload your image, you will get a bunch of links.
This one called BBCODE in the image below is the one you want. because it adds the html code that allows you to embed images on forums automatically. Here you can see what I mean. copy and paste the one called BBcode as per the example below.

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images SORGO62

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

2New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images Empty ON posting... Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:18 pm

jamarr27

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges

How do I delete a post if i posted a video already???

Last edited by jamarr27 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

NAMTron

NAMTron

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Next to the edit button on the bottom right hand corner of your post there is a small "x" button. Click it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

jamarr27

New Members Forum usage Guide - Forum Tips: Posting Images 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Silver)

NAMTron wrote:Next to the edit button on the bottom right hand corner of your post there is a small "x" button. Click it.
Thanks I needed to get rid of these double post's

jamarr27

Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Silver)

jamarr27 wrote:How do I delete a post if i posted a video already???
it only seems to be at the very bottom of the last post. do you know how to delete posts above that. because the post that are higher up on the page don't have the X icon

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum