Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas.

+3
D.O.W.X.
G
NapoleonJonamite
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

After looking at various sprite sets, who should be next?

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% [ 2 ]
NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% [ 1 ]
NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

G

G

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

Aww, that's a shame.

Hopefully you can get everything settled!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
https://www.newagemugen.com/

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

Been a while, huh? Current news is this, Link's hookshot has been removed (For now). I am currently working on a hyper that will include a cluster of arrows followed by a bomb toss, and an aerial projectile that utilizes the basic bomb toss (Using the same helper method utilized with Sailor Mars' charm attack). In addition, I am going back and updating Sailors Uranus and Pluto, whose updates I have left unfinished for too long now.

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/napoleonjonamite

G

G

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Awesome. Good to know you're back to working on Link, that's wonderful news.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ExCham

ExCham

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Couldnt you just grab Scorpion's spear code and tweak it to work as Link's hookshot?
Or you wanted to do something different with the Hookshot?

[[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]] [[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]]
http://excahmmugen.blogspot.com

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Tried the Scorpion method and it bugged out horribly. Until I can find a better method, or someone who would want to collab on the effort, I'm leaving it out.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

News!

Thanks to aperson98, Link will have his Hookshot in the next update. Along with that, there will be some bug fixes that are currently being addressed, and a remapping of his controls. I know that many who have downloaded him have already gotten used to the controls set in place, but Cybaster did raise some good points with his suggestions and feedback. Be ready for a potential weekend update.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

So, my character run has been as follows so far: Reworking PoshPsylocke's beyond bugged Sailor Moon characters (The Sailors themselves), and the recently released Link (Using Ax's sprites and some of KBN22's edits). Now, I find myself in a time in which I don't know what to do next. I've had some ideas, but I'm curious as to what you people think. For this, I have instated a poll.

The way the "Other" option will work is that if a suggestion comes up and it gets 2 nominations, then I will update the poll by adding the nominated suggestion. If any sprite set that is currently in the poll fails to receive any votes, it will be removed from the poll.

In the end, the top two will be made, with the number 1 most voted being done first. Looking forward to any ideas you may have.

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

I can't think of any suggestions, what kind of character would you enjoy making?

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Maybe you could work with some of chucoryu's sprites?

I would love to see you update some of his characters, but regardless i voted joker.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

I could do something with those sprites. The thing that makes me a bit nervous is that those characters are from games I more than likely have no experience with.

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Well, you can make them in your own custom gameplay. Nobody will hate you for that.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

True.

Also, hit a slight snag. Got a PM from an admin at Multiverse (Yeah, I posted there as well), and they already have someone doing stuff with Ax's Joker. So I guess Joker's out.

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

NapoleonJonamite wrote:
Also, hit a slight snag. Got a PM from an admin at Multiverse (Yeah, I posted there as well), and they already have someone doing stuff with Ax's Joker. So I guess Joker's out.
This does not matter. IMO, you should still continue to code this Joker. Ax released it and gave permission for others to use it, there's no "dibbs" in this community. Everyone should get a chance. Plus, let's face it, when has multiverse produced any worth while content?

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yeah, just make what you want.

Who cares if somebody else is making a joker yo, it's almost guarantee'd that they will both be very different.

Oh, and making your own gameplay sounds cool yo What a Face

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Well, I PMed TayBear about this already, but I haven't back from him yet, so I'm going to post this anyway.

So, I now have some new sprites for new animations. Thanks to aperson98, I have an aerial kick and the aerial bomb toss. And thanks to Manniku, I have a new stance for him as well. My only problem right now is that when I create the pcx images, I keep getting color errors of some kind either in PS or FF. Any assistance I can get on this, I totally welcome it.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Well, this is a very sad moment in my career. I attempted coding an AI for Mars using the methods implemented for 1.0, and let me just say she is PATHETIC! I knew my experience was lacking, but I didn't think that in learning how to code a 1.0 AI I'd fail this badly. If you wanna see what I mean, there's a video below this text. I'm all for any volunteers to help tweak it so I can understand what I did wrong.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (It may be a while as the video was still processing at the time I was writing this post)

Demitri

Demitri

NJ's WIPs from Idaho (Current: ???) Doing updates. Open to ideas. - Page 2 RjBqV68
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

I was never experienced with coding AI but i don't think anything is "wrong" with her AI, just kinda weak lol. Or perhaps just not aggressive? I can't think of the proper words.
Good luck with the AI, wish i could help ._.

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

There's only like one or two guys I know who can make a decent AI that's not godly nor weak.
Don't worry, it'll eventually turn out fine. Good luck with your characters man :D

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Well, I want to do Joker, but I opted to wait until whoever's currently working on him to finish his version before I do mine (That, and I haven't been able to find any Injustice voice rips for Joker). Until then, I received permission from Chochuryu to use his sprites for what I will announce as my next WIP: Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden (Modern version)!

The things I'll need to do include adapting him to the NJ gameplay style, maybe a new small portrait, MVC hyper portrait (Have a template, need art), maybe a new big portrait, and create at least one new hyper combo.

Hopefully Ryu will go more smoothly than Link did, but will match Link and the rest in terms of quality.

NapoleonJonamite

NapoleonJonamite

Heaven's Door (Silver)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Okay, I've been thinking some of doing something that would essentially be a re-skin of something I have already released. In this case, it would be Sailor Moon using her classic uniform. I recall there once being a Sailor Moon released a while back using the same sprite style as the ones in all of my Sailors. Only thing I've noticed is that this one doesn't everything that my version has in terms of sprites. A good amount of the sprites available in the original are just like the ones in mine, here's the standing animation of the original "Classic" Moon next to mine:

As I go through them, I'll state which sprites/animations I'd need done in the classic uniform. There are some moves I'll leave out of mine when remaking the classic one. I know this isn't either of the original projects I had planned, but this is something I can easily do while I wait on the needed new sprites for both Hayabusa and Joker.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum