Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4

+5
Demitri
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
Vermilion Spy
Swagga Kings
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Looking good, what will the animation be like. Since it's both of and darks. Maybe have most animation from the outside base of the bars. Also, making the top part glow. One side for each representing, from each side. Food for thought.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)

Phant0mD
Hey bro what's sup it's looking really good man, curious question how much more you have to go?

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:Looking good, what will the animation be like. Since it's both of and darks. Maybe have most animation from the outside base of the bars. Also, making the top part glow. One side for each representing, from each side. Food for thought.

For the Beta, we are not going too crazy with the animations - we just want stuff playable for swagga. But the final version will be INSANELY animated. The lifebars, power bars, frames, EVERYTHING will be glowing/animated, and have moving detailed parts and multiple layered effects in it - u can beleev dat!

Swagga Kings wrote:Phant0mD
Hey bro what's sup it's looking really good man, curious question how much more you have to go?

We are very close now man. All we need is to finish the simul/tag bars above, add the turns bars, then just the win/continue/game over/options/main menu screen and we are done for the first beta release. I will aim to have a playable Beta up by end of week for you how does that sound?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

It sounds good to me man, I can't wait until your done with it so i can see how it came out

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

OK Few Updates. Spaced out the bars so names can fit between them

This layer here will be BG Layer 1 - meaning that it can be swapped out for other designs/styles in future releases easily!@ similar to how in Tekken you can add/unlock custom Lifebar artwork - this astral styled art is themed after the astral theme of this beta release so we can add many different styles in future releases

The static unanimated Bars ahave now been positioned and coded into the game now so they are working in-game as shown below

Here is an example showing that the turns bars will display correctly even when the other opponent chooses team/solo mode

Next things we need to do for the turns bars are:

- Add the name fonts
- position the name fonts
- fix timer BG animations
- Position the default portraits correctly
- add gfx for the portrait boxes

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

The life bars are looking good bro, hey remember we talk about the tag patch system if you check DarkWolf13-MvC2 characters they have a tag patch file in there folder I wanted to use that for my Ds vs Sf in the future

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:The life bars are looking good bro, hey remember we talk about the tag patch system if you check DarkWolf13-MvC2 characters they have a tag patch file in there folder I wanted to use that for my Ds vs Sf in the future

Ah yes, I remember that Tag system. Most people I do mugen work for all use add004 system so I don't know much about how darkwolf system works/who updates it etc. Well I look forward to seeing you use that in this game!
The way I have made these tag mode/simul bars, you should have no problem using it in the future if you decide to.

Updates
- Ok so we have added the name fonts
- positioned the name fonts correctly
- positioned the portraits correctly
- resized fonts and ports correctly
I had tyo make sure the position is right for the characters with the longest names - which is charlie nash, dark gallon, Sasquatch and queen bee etc.
Those small details are important for everything to look correct.
I wont add more for the beta but in future we will add animations under the name fonts etc

-Ok so the next thing will be the turns mode bars

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yea the reason why I rather use darkwolf tag patch because it's more organize but that wont be until I get every single character updated into pots style, but I perfer that one instead. I'm like how the fonts looks for the names and numbers, combo hits it looks pretty good, one thing though how are you gonna get the big portraits to show up for the turns and simul, I'm sure you'll fine away :D

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Looking so smooth, looking forward to testing the beta and the final product. Keep it rocking fellas, I can see the light and it looks really bright. What a Face

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

I largely preferred the previous screenpack.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

What..get out. No no.....you sir is not playing the beta any time soon. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 - Page 6 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Tomoe-Setsuna wrote:I largely preferred the previous screenpack.

R U Serious lol? You either trolling or must be high on weeb drugs lol.
lol the old screenpack was just a terrible low res edit of an edit - Mugen jam SP and Newagemugen SP mixed together....doesnt even count as a real screenpack lol

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Tomoe-Setsuna wrote:I largely preferred the previous screenpack.
Niggaz b like

GRAYFOX wrote:Looking so smooth, looking forward to testing the beta and the final product. Keep it rocking fellas, I can see the light and it looks really bright. What a Face
The light is NEON my man  WeedGrin  GT KERMIT

Swagga Kings wrote: I like how the fonts looks for the names and numbers, combo hits it looks pretty good, one thing though how are you gonna get the big portraits to show up for the turns and simul, I'm sure you'll fine away :D  
Thanx bro. Glad u diggin dat so far. As far as big ports, - we have alot to discuss and improve on with all the portraits for the future final builds - to perfect this SP, there will be many intricate details to fix/discuss. But for now, as we agreed, the priority is to get the simul/turns bars working for the first BETA release, for now its using the default 9000,0 mugen portrait sprites.

Alright, Updates:

Here is the layout for the Turns Mode bars:

We got the astral glass for layer 1

The steel frames

And the positioning of frames for the default ports for the BETA will be something like so

I have actually coded most of the turns bars, just need to adjust the positioning of the names and portraits.
After that, I just realized that we have the ability to add animation for the K.O'ed opponent portraits, like a cross, or a skull, or a k.o animated mark that can appear over the dead opponents - will do that next.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Them bars are on point, for the k.o'ed animation. How about, an animated skull with glowing red eyes or flames. Just food for thought, keep it rocking.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:Them bars are on point, for the k.o'ed animation. How about, an animated skull with glowing red eyes or flames. Just food for thought, keep it rocking.

Haha, thanx man! Well I thought skulls at first, but then I felt for this current style that may be a bit too mortal kombat/killer instinctish - not really a capcom thang, haha but who knows - now that we have positioned and coded them into the SP, and sorted all the positioning etc which is the hard and boring time consuming part, we can swap out the animation easily for pretty much anything!

Ok Well back to business. The Turns Mode BETA bars are now officially done:

So I have added Red animated flashing X marks over the KOed teammates - Similar to what is used in Blazblue

Here you can see what the bars will look like if one player selects TEAM mode, and the other selects Tag/Simul mode bars

And here are the Team mode bars being used against player using single mode Bars

Now, all that is left to do for now to get this Beta up for testing, is to fix the Main Menu screen.
When we upgraded from 320x240, to Hires 640x480 on the previous build, we were ok....

But now that we are using 1280x960 HD for the SP, it currently looks like this:

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Awesome I guess the main menu is that last thing to do right?

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Yes, but I think I will fix it in the next Beta update - I want an advanced and technical and flash Main Menu in future.
For now I have just stretched it to fit the window using the scaling trick.

As promised, here is version 4.4 playable Beta build of what we have done so far.
I present to you, Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Mugen 1.1 Astral Edition Beta Build Version 4.4.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I PMed you the password, and the download link should be available in the next hour.

I have codenamed it ASTRAL EDITION for now, due to the style of the menu screens with the astral type theme of the vs/select/lifebars so far.

For now, you can play through as it is, make some videos on your channel showing the current progress, and add your new characters and any other new changes with characters or stages you may have etc.

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

So the beta is for private testing only. If not, hook us up and lets fine tune this puppy. Congrats on releasing this beta build.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

OK great imma download it and try it out, i'll let give my feedback [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:So the beta is for private testing only. If not, hook us up and lets fine tune this puppy. Congrats on releasing this beta build.

pesonally i think u wud be an excellent tester as u are the screenpack OG Masta from tha old skool haha!
But since this is swagga kings personal baby,  ill let Swagga Kings make the calls on all of that testing stuff and sharing beta versions etc  -im just one of the crazy chefs in the middle cookin up tha goodness. If anyone wants to help test etc they can ask him here etc or request links but ill just carry on behind the scenes doin ma thang

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Honest I wasn't ready to give out any releases yet cause there are some characters that are in complete in the game, to me it would'n be fun that's why I'm not ready to release nothing yet I'm just keeping it real that's all :)

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Real talk man. I respect that. I thought it best if da fans hear it from u rather than me haha.

Good thing is i wont be changing anything to do with chars or stages - Ill just focus on getting the screenpack stuff on point. One thing I was gonna say, you can delete the character folder and just paste your current one into there - so that all of the updates and the new dimitri are in there before u test them.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yea eventually i'll release a beta test for people to play and enjoy, I just want people to enjoy the game once I get every character in taxed. And yea I know to do that i didn't get to test out the beta yet cause I was busy most of the day but when I do i'll give my feedback on it :)

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

all good man. This is only about 30% complete as far as I am concerned. There will be ALOT more changes and new things to add for the next build, but atleast if u do a quick playthrough or watever to showcase the minor updates like the different lifebars etc that wud be cool.

Last edited by Phant0mD on Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yea I can do that, it would'n be a problem

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum