Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4

+5
Demitri
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
Vermilion Spy
Swagga Kings
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN UPDATED AND MOVED. YOU CAN SEE THE CONTINUATION OF THIS W.I.P BY CLICKING ON THIS LINK [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hello everyone I'm Swagga Kings from Youtube, I am new to Newagemugen I was recommend to come here.
To explain why I am here to let everyone know that I'm working on a mugen project called Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter,
I've been working on this game for a while now right it's W.I.P.
To inform everyone about my project such as gameplay and the mechanics.

The gameplay system would be using pots style characters for both Darkstalkers and street Fighter with a special mechanic system called the Fighters Edge for the street Fighter side and for the Darkstalkers side is either gonna be called Dark Edge or Stalkers Edge.
I haven't decided witch name to go with yet.

For the features of the pots style system there will only be Parrying, Dodging, Run, Dashing, Rolling Back and Forward, Small Jump, Zero Counter,Ex moves, there will be no charge meter or custom combo system.

To explain about the fighters and Stalkers edge is a mechanic basic on Street Fighter 5 vtrigger system, for Ds vs Sf some characters would have two moves and some wont for their Fighters and Stalkers edge, to activate the Fighters or Stalkers edge is by press both hard punch and Heavy kick together you can use it at anytime during a match or wile attacking your opponent like in Street Fighter 5, you must having either level one, level two, or level three, super meter to activate the Fighters or Stalkers Edge system.

For these accept ion of Akuma, akuma's Fighters Edge can only be activated only on level three meter.
I'm working really hard to make this game play more on a competitive level, there still a lot to do as I go on with this project for everyone to enjoy and have fun.

I really hope you guys like it and if you want to see some video footage of the progress I got so far such as playsthroughs fighters edge and live streams please do check out my Youtube channel by finding me under the name (Swagga Kings) and please do subscribe or you can catch my playthrough of my Darlstalkers vs Street Fighter project here at newagemugen.

Here's the roster my the characters that's in the game

Street Fighter:
SF:
Ingrid
Blanka
Chun-Li
Cammy
Ryu
Ken
Alex
Guy
Rolento
Sodom
Sakura
Karin
Charlie
Dan
Cyborg
Dhalsim
Rose
Akuma
Gill
Bison
Juli
Juni
Nash
sfv

Darkstalkers:
DS:
Rikuo
Anita
Felica
Morrigan
Victor
Lord Raptor
Demitri
Bishamon
B.B.Hood
JonTalbain
Sasquatch
Q.Bee
Lei-Lei
Anakaris
Phobos
Donovan
Jedah
Lilith
Pyron
Dee
DarkGall

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Sounds interesting, Thumbs Up
Maybe you should make 2 threads - leave this one here to talk about the game project and the mechanics and any updates, and make another one
one just to show your videos in the Mugen cinema section here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

That's makes perfect sense i do plan to do that, thanks :)

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Yo son, I have a few questions about the screenpack and the lifebars, because I have some ideas that I wanna bounce off you:

1) Who made the screenpack?
2) Is this using mugen 1.0 or 1.1?
3) What resolution is it using? 640x480 or widescreen 854x480?
4) Is there anyone else working on this project?
5) Is it going to use tag system?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

The screenpack was made by AVPboy he's cool, he's a good friend of mind. But to let you know that I already have somebody working on a screenpack for me for this game, I already requested that weeks ago. Right now it's using mugen engine 1.0 and the resolution is 640x480. I do have another friend of mind that's helping me build the fighters edge system on the street fighter characters first then later on we'll give the Darkstalkers characters their own. I do plan to add a tag patch to this game in the future but there's a certain tag system I do want to use for my game to make look more like an official game, also I wanted to have a tag and a single mode only to my game.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

cool, cool. Well thats good to hear that theres a few peeps on board helping out. Its pretty hard to complete projects on your own. Its always good to have a team involved.

Well its good to hear that someone is already workin on a screenpack.
Ah yes Avpboy i saw his thread on mugenguild. It looks cool. I wasnt sure if it was the same project as your one.

The reason I asked about that, is I wanted to make sure nobody was already making a mugen 1.1 widescreen option for the sceenpack. What are your thoughts on a possible alternate mugen 1.1 HD widescreen screenpack option aswell?  

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yea if I was working on this project by my self then it would take a lot longer for me to get it done so it's a good thing I have some people helping me out with it. Um it done sound like a bad idea it's just I already have somebody working on a screenpack for me I don't want that to interfere that's all.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Oh 4 sure, I respect dat. definitely don't wanna be biting on someone if they already making a screenpack.
I just thought I would suggest, you should ask your guy to consider building the SP using Mugen 1.1 instead of Mugen 1.0.

There's so many extra features you would have - Using HD sprites it could really be made to look epic as hell
(it's easier to create in Mugen 1.1 aswell).

Actually, I downloaded the Darkstalkers Vs SF Screenpack version 2.0 by AVPBoy.
thats the latest public version I could find. I wanted to see exactly how it is configured.
It turns out that it isn't even Hires - it is only using 320x240 which is low res!
So I converted it to Mugen 1.1 in literally 5 minutes and:

- Updated the system.def etc for Mugen 1.1
- increased the resolution by 4x to 1280x960 HD
- Enabled the stage zoom function
- Remade & Animated the Intro & loading screen logos in HD

Mainly this is just a test to show you/whoever is making it how easy it would be to recreate it in HD for Mugen 1.1.
What I did to the logos was a 5 second edit - imagine proper HD fx, lifebars, menu, select, round announcer animations etc - shit would be bananas.
Also, the add004 1.1 tag system literally would bolt straight on and shit would work.

I could even make the same changes to your current build you are using in like 5 minutes if you wanted to.

Here's the link - try it out or show it to your screenpack dude if it helps:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's what the logo now looks like - these are actual screenshots, but the animation at the bottom is only half size and looks way better in game than in the gif file

Old Logo

New 1.1 HD Logo 1280x960

Old Press Start  Screen 320x240

New 1.1 HD Press Start Screen 1280x960

And here it is animated

Anyway I hope that helps - show it to your screenpack connect if u want.
I think it would really make your project epic - imagine if the lifebars/menu screens, round announcers etc were all HD too - plus its 2018, I really dunno why people even still use mugen 1.0 since Mugen 1.1 does everything it can do plus more, but anyways thats a whole other topic lol!

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow it looks great very official looking, Imma talk to my friend that's making the screenpack for me and show him this and see what he thinks

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Thats Whatsup Dat behind

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[CLOSED TOPIC]Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta build 4.4 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yo friend better wise up and take the red pill.lol Just teasing man, cool to have you here. Good luck on your project and keep it rocking. I like this project, will be following. Also, "D" thats some sick stuff indeed. Dat behind Dat behind

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

GRAYFOX wrote:Yo friend better wise up and take the red pill.lol Just teasing man, cool to have you here. Good luck on your project and keep it rocking. I like this project, will be following. Also, "D" thats some sick stuff indeed. Dat behind Dat behind

we need to bring him ova 2 da darkside. Anyway, I think u and me should be doin sumthin abou yur mugen gear solid SP remake. We shud collab on dat shiett! Send me tha SP on da PM and let mehave a play with it lol!

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey everyone what's sup just to update ya'll about what's going on with the Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter M.U.G.E.N project. B.B.Hood had been update into a full pots style character by
Varo_Hades requested by me Swagga Kings. Also I finally got a new screenpack for the project created by Milt.Jr also requested by me, sometime around I will be live streaming my Ds vs Sf along with the new screenpack and the pots style B.B.Hood on my Youtube channel until then i'll keep everyone post with more information peace out :).

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Thats great news to hear. We look forward to seeing the new screenpack look, aswell as the character improvements.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

For sure i'll keep ya'll posted

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:Alright cool i'll definitely do that is there away that I can private message you on here?,another thing there's something that I made that I would like to show you that I wanna add to the Ds vs Sf screenpack it's a small vidoe clip I don't know if u can add it thought.

We have a private messaging feature on this site

just click on a users name and then click that grey pm button as per the pic and u can send them a private message

Well there is nothing impossible in mugen, that's why its called mugen 無限 lol! You cant add videos into mugen that function doesnt exist, but you can turn videos into sprites which is easy but the longer the video, the more sprites, and the more sprites, the larger the files will be, but show me what you are working with and what you have in mind, because we are all experts here when it comes to screenpacks Dat behind Dat behind Dat behind  

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ok cool,cool fear enough, Oh also when I do send you the new screenpack i got from my friend can you keep the big portrait boxes as well too thanks :D. So imma send the video clip tell me what you think.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

no problem my man.
We wouldnt interfere with anything.
But if there is anything that can be added to it or improved to make it look/feel/work better,
we would always suggest some ideas and show you first.
Lool forward to seeing your video and what you have in mind!

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Alright cool bro, question how do I send video clips on here so I can show you?

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

well if you have a mediafire account or a mega/zippyshare account etc you could upload the video to there and send me the download link. That would be the easiest way. How big is the bideo clip?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

The clip ain't that big it's only 4.22 MB. I do have an mediafire account so i'll just send it to you that way,imma send it to you privately

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Just got it bro. Will download n check it out now. I assume you want it inserted somewhere in the screenpack? like the title screen or something or just do you want it in the intro or something like that? In the meantime I'll have a look and check it out anyway study

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Yes like you know how you did with the sample screenpack when the game starts up you see the Capcom logo with red background and the yellow moon and then that's when intro comes with the clip I show so yea.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

oh hell yeah man thats real easy.
I can turn it into sprites and add it easily.
The only thing I noticed is the quality of the video is a bit fuzzy.

So unless you have a higher quality version where the characters look clearer,
i can still use this one you sent me but i may need to use some special video effects or color changes to hide the bad quality.

Either way its easy for me.
Send me link fot your version of screenpack and i will add 4 u to it

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ok great. Actually that's the only one I have, I got know other so you can use that one it's cool, if you need to use something to clean up the bad quality it's all good. Before I send the screenpack witch version of mugen your gonna use 1.1?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum