Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

[PREVIEW]

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz CVzb1Hd

[DOWNLOAD]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[COMMENT]

So this one is special. This stage is a labor of love Hatter worked on sporadically for almost a decade. When he started sharing the beginning sketches I knew that I wanted to code this stage. So, when he came to me and asked me to hook it up, I was ready to get to it. I'm very proud and pleased to share this with you. It was an honor to make this, and it's always cool working with Hatter. We've made quite a few original stages together, and I hope you get to enjoy them all someday. For now, check out this gem. Enjoy!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Elazul9000 likes this post

Elazul9000

Elazul9000

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

This looks really great, I love original stages, I see the rival schools principal and silver samurai in the BG (an ode to Marvel Vs Capcom series perhaps?). I wish we had more original stages like these.

There are a few minor things that are slightly off, such as The pedestrian Cross walk.
It looks like it's been mirror flipped in the middle so it appears warped and unnatural.
The lines would only ever be on one single angle, but its not a major I guess.
I like the super jump too

All in all, very interesting and coolstage, I hope to see more like this in the future.
(hint hint can I get a legend of mana or chrono trigger themed stage What a Face )

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz IuFetyD

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Elazul9000 wrote:This looks really great, I love original stages, I see the rival schools principal and silver samurai in the BG (an ode to Marvel Vs Capcom series perhaps?). I wish we had more original stages like these.

There are a few minor things that are slightly off, such as The pedestrian Cross walk.
It looks like it's been mirror flipped in the middle so it appears warped and unnatural.
The lines would only ever be on one single angle, but its not a major I guess.
I like the super jump too

All in all, very interesting and coolstage, I hope to see more like this in the future.
(hint hint can I get a legend of mana or chrono trigger themed stage What a Face )

Thanks! I may edit the pedestrian walk.

Constantinius3rd

Constantinius3rd

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 29270914107_0496322bcc_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Hype Beast (Silver)
Recieved 30 or more likes from other Members
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics

respect to the artist who drew this wonderful retro style stage.
the art has a true old arcade game feeling to it, like it could be from a cancelled 1998 capcom fighting game.
It would be even better, it it had some extra levels of movement on the trees and sky and maybe some sunlight or atmosphere things, to bring it to life

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz CPi7Pvr

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Constantinius3rd wrote:respect to the artist who drew this wonderful retro style stage.
the art has a true old arcade game feeling to it, like it could be frim a cancelled 1998 capcom fighting game.
It would be even better, it it had some extra levels of movement on the trees and sky and maybe some sunlight or atmosphere things, to bring it to life

Thanks for your kind words. I'm pretty sure Hatter did all he's gonna do with this one. But, you never know... Thumbs Up

hatter

hatter

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Death Note (Wood)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

I appreciate the comments on the stages graphics; looks like 9 years of perfectionism paid off after all.

Couple of things I'm going to address based on what I've read so far:

- No, I'm not going to make any further graphical changes. 9 years of work and rework, you couldn't pay me any amount of money to do anything further with this, and anyone thinking I'm going to do anything else is honestly being stupid.

- On the topic of tree/sky movement, this stage was made to mimic CPS2 style stages, and they don't exhibit any sort of background motion, except in a few instances.  This was what I wanted and as far as I'm concerned, I achieved the right atmosphere.

As always, thanks to Vegaz for making my idea playable. Looking forward to the next set of work.

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

hatter wrote:I appreciate the comments on the stages graphics; looks like 9 years of perfectionism paid off after all.

Couple of things I'm going to address based on what I've read so far:

- No, I'm not going to make any further graphical changes. 9 years of work and rework, you couldn't pay me any amount of money to do anything further with this, and anyone thinking I'm going to do anything else is honestly being stupid.

- On the topic of tree/sky movement, this stage was made to mimic CPS2 style stages, and they don't exhibit any sort of background motion, except in a few instances.  This was what I wanted and as far as I'm concerned, I achieved the right atmosphere.

As always, thanks to Vegaz for making my idea playable. Looking forward to the next set of work.

Looking forward to it.

Elazul9000

Elazul9000

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Fanservice (Bronze)

This is not feedback on the stage persay, but moreso feedback on part of the response from the artist below:

hatter wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], firstly, congratulations on completing your project.
Secondly, While it commendable that you have worked on this for 9 years, I respectfully suggest being careful with your response to critique/feedback.
I don't think anyone including myself making suggestions justifies "honestly being stupid" as you mention.
I am sure simply respectfully explaining that this is something you are personally proud of and worked on for years hence will leave as is, would be suffice.
Remember that 90% of all mugen community members are not artists or designers so have no idea on the work involved in making original work.
For that reason they cant be blamed for not knowing if they are asking for the impossible. I hope this is helpful feedback for your future works Thumbs Up

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz IuFetyD

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

#keepingitreal,
The fact the art is true to the Old school capcom coin-op style is fresh.
But I'm of 2 minds on this joint.
On one hand, if its 9 years old, that would make sense - it would have been fire if released 9 years ago.
But now it seems a bit "rushed" may be the word?
There's quite a bit coding-wise you could have done on this to also make the camera movement and depth look better even if nothing is animated. But now its released is the main thing i guess.
congrats both of you

Shibuya Crossing (1.1 Only) by Hatter and Vegaz KwiHzMC

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

CancerManXIII wrote:#keepingitreal,
The fact the art is true to the Old school capcom coin-op style is fresh.
But I'm of 2 minds on this joint.
On one hand, if its 9 years old, that would make sense - it would have been fire if released 9 years ago.
But now it seems a bit "rushed" may be the word?
There's quite a bit coding-wise you could have done on this to  also make the camera movement and depth look better even if nothing is animated. But now its released is the main thing i guess.
congrats both of you

Thanks for the feedback. I'm open to suggestions on how to improve the camera movement and depth.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum