Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Blazblue Legacy Hybrid Cross Tag Battle Hitspark/FightfX System for Shadic12 (project Part 3)

+2
Shadic12
✴Ex-Sirius✴
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Shadic12

Shadic12

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Blazblue Legacy Hybrid Cross Tag Battle Hitspark/FightfX System for Shadic12 (project Part 3) - Page 3 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges

That is great news can't wait for this project to get completed with the time and effort you put into this is truly remarkable. Also I know you are going to do another project after you finish the current one but I was hoping to do another commission with you regarding additional color lifebar portraits to add more variety to different game series. I have a list of colors I would like to do but I could wait to you get the other project done from Margatroid or should I start the commission as soon as you close the fightfx?

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Blazblue Legacy Hybrid Cross Tag Battle Hitspark/FightfX System for Shadic12 (project Part 3) - Page 3 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Shadic12 wrote:That is great news can't wait for this project to get completed with the time and effort you put into this is truly remarkable. Also I know you are going to do another project after you finish the current one but I was hoping to do another commission with you regarding additional color lifebar portraits to add more variety to different game series. I have a list of colors I would like to do but I could wait to you get the other project done from Margatroid or should I start the commission as soon as you close the fightfx?

Hi Shadic12

Correct.

I have another commission to look at for a client after this one is completed.
However as you are aware, it usually takes a week of back and fourth discussions, questions and planning to build a project summary & roadmap for the creator and the client before the commission can be set to active officially.
With that said, I don't see any problem with you creating a separate commission request topic for any further portrait modifications you may require to finalize this project as I should be able to action this prior to starting the next job no problem.

Shadic12 likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Blazblue Legacy Hybrid Cross Tag Battle Hitspark/FightfX System for Shadic12 (project Part 3) - Page 3 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

I have completed the animation for the knockdown shockwaves

As you can see I have added some extra dust on top of the default effect.
I have finished importing the knock down shockwave animations:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Next set of effects are the wall bounce shockwaves.
This is what was referenced from in the game:

This is what was in your original fightfx

It seems that for the most part it is the exact same scenario as the ground shockwaves so I applied the same formula to update it.
I created a unique variant of the ground shockwave effect for the light/strong/medium wallbounce shockwave effect.

Here is a demo of it in action.
Also this will give you a good demonstration of the ground floor dust effects we made also.

Now this actually conludes the end of the Main Fightfx upgrades that relate to both OHMSBY characters
and the Blazblue cross tag battle gamer effects.

The 2 remaining fightfx left at the end of the default Mugen 1.1 fightfx system, are:

- Power Up Effect
- Lvl 1 2 3 Super effect

Now the issue here is that there is no power up mechanic in Blazblue cross tag battle so we donot have any reference material to use for this.
Luckily as this more Phantom D's area, I used his donated assets for this.
The same issue applies to the super effects - OHMSBY has coded his own super effects for his characters so they dont use the default Mugen fightfx.

Despite this not being required for your scenario of characters,
I made a very quick Power up animation for the fightfx to replace the stock version.
There is no power up mechanic on BB Tag Battle or OHMSBY chars like what is commonly used in KOF and POTs style Mugen characters and DBZ JUS Mugen Characters.
But in the rare instance where you may use characters that donot have their own charge animation,
Here is some quick footage of the nice HD effect in action:

Now that brings us down to the very last remaining set of animations required for the fight effects,
which are the Super Combo charge sprite effects.
For this, I have simply hard coded OHMSBY's character super charge effects because Blazblue cross Tag Battle does not use frontal super sparks at all.
it only changes in the characters Background, which as you know, is not a default feature supported in Mugen 1.1.
The only way to have the super Bg that appears in BBCTB backgrounds would be for OHMSBYs actual characters to have it coded in,
so I have simply upgraded what was already there which was some low res KOF random sprites.
They now have been replaced with HD effects from a mixture of POTs and OHMSBYs super spark so it is atleast a major improvement over what was already there even if you dont actually require it.

Here is some final demo play footage with everything complete and working in action:

Final Demo with randomized attack spark variation mod enabled

Final Demo with randomized blood hitspark variation mod activated

Final demo with OHMSBY and non-OHMSBY characters interacting to confirm hitspark system fully functioning in modified scenario

With all of that said, I think it is safe to say that your Fight FX is Officially complete.

All I have to do now is give you the tutorial on how to enable the special Variable Random Hitspark system (to enable all the extra effects on hit and also customise bloodspark settings per character)

Iw ill start doing that now and also prepare the download links

Shadic12 likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Blazblue Cross Tag Battle Variable Hitspark Randomizer Mod Patch for OHMSBY characters.

By Default, The Mugen Fightfx System only allows one Hitspark effect per attack.
This means no matter how many times you do an attack (light/medium or heavy), the effect will always look the same for each individual hit.

The following Guide will allow you to add a custom Hitspark random effect system
to your characters so that every hit will generate a random Hitspark variation
per attack type, with up to 8 possible random variables per attack.

This is similar to the Capcom vs snk hitspark system where all atack sparks
spwan randomly, to give a more cinematic, highly stylized combat experience.

This system will also allow you to enable "Blood code mode" for any character.
Just as per menrtioned above, you can also do the same random hitspark effect but
use enhanced blood spark effects instead of normal ones if you so prefer.

Step 1
Open your OHMSBY character folder
and locate the "Helpers.cns" file and "Charactername.cns"
(charactername.cns will be named after the character you are editing, e.g hyde.cns)

Step 2
Open both files in any notepad program or fighter factory.
(I reccomend using a program called Notepad++ or notepad)

Step 3
Find every single line of text in both files that says "sparkno = 3"
And replace EVERY text line that says:

sparkno = 3

With the following text:

sparkno = 7300+(Random%8) ;sparkno = 3

(you can do this in bulk using notepad/notepad++)

feature "replace" or the notepad++ feature

Step 4

Save both files.
your characters and the custom hitspark random effect mod will work perfectly.
Whenever a heavy attack is done, different color and angle variant hitsparks will spawn instead of just the same generic one default mugen forces.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Blood spark activation guide

To enable the HD bloodsparks on any OHMSBY character
the method is the same as the previous except there a re a few extra changes required to the normal hits aswell.

Step 1
Open the same 2 cns files as the previous guide named "helpers.cns" and "charname.cns" (e.g ruby.cns)

Step 2
You need to replace all of the following text lines in both files:

Replace all text lines that say "sparkno = 1"
with: "sparkno = 11;1"

Replace all text lines that say  "sparkno = 10"
with: "sparkno = 10;sparkno = 0"

Replace all textines that say "sparkno = 2"
with: "sparkno = 7200+(Random%8);2"

Replace all textines that say "sparkno = 3"
with: "sparkno = 7200+(Random%8);3"

Step 3
Save files and play.
Your character will now use HD bloody hitspark effects for all hits!

If you are unsure of anything, please note I have already updated
the characters included in the uploaded Final build.
Ruby has the blood version enabled and the other characters have the non blood version of the hitspark mods enabled.
You can always look at those files if you are still unsure but it would be very easy and you shouldnt have any issues.

I will now proceed to organize the files and upload them to our server folder.
I will forward you the link to a complete separate build called LEGACY_CROSS_TAG_BATTLE V3.0.
While the file is uploading, please complete remaining 50% of the commission requirements & I will forward you the download link and Password.

Once you have done so & have tested/confirm all is working as shown correctly on your end, please confirm that and I will mark this project as complete and move it to the completed projects section.

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

[COMPLETED COMMISSION] Custom Blazblue Legacy Hybrid Cross Tag Battle Hitspark/FightfX System for Shadic12 (project Part 3) - Page 3 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

I sent the rest of the money for this commission and I will create a topic regarding the additional lifebar color portraits momentarily.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12

Thank you again for supporting Newagemugen.
I have sent you the DL link and password.
Please take your time to test everything is working fine on your end.
As per usual you may need to adjust your .cfg setings etc to your personal preferences ie control layouts etc.
Once you have confirmed everything is working as intended, please confirm here and we can mark this topic as complete

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

Thanks I will test it out once I am off of work and get back to you later.

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

Just tested the hitsparks and everything checks out thanks for your hard work for this project I really appreciate it.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12.
That is great to hear.
I highly recommend using the Variable Hitspark Mod on all your characters via the instructional guide provided as it will give you full access to all the variable hitsparks and colors during combat to truely enhance your mugen experience.
Hopefully the guides provided in the posts above are easy to follow.

With that said, we can now officially mark this project as complete and add it to the archived section.
I will now begin our discussions regarding your final requirements for the portraits.

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)