This Mugen project is a simple idea with a VERY COMPLEX REALITY. The characters are scaled up using the .def localcoord to an accurate scale based on the CVS2 sprite sizes. Starting with Ryu's sprite from CVS2 assuming he is about 5'9 or 5'10. I scaled up Kaiju, Giant Robots, Beasts, and Vehicles to accurately portray there real sizes. Stages are scaled up using xscale, and yscale in combination with localcoord.
I am considering the use of IKEMAN to make this more functional if possible.
I will require help to complete this as the project at best is about 20% completed. I am still learning a lot about coding and I struggle with with mathematics so all the work I have done has really amounted to me playing with values till I least got something functional.
The major struggles of this project are as follows
MUGEN WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THIS INSANITY! But I want to do it anyways.
1. Mugen is really not designed to handle heavy work loads of course so if it hits a certain amount of usages the engine will crash. and with scaling things up we have to be aware of these limitations and try not to have giant file sizes for any of the stages or characters.
2. All Giant characters will have to have values adjusted! To get rid of screen shake or minimize it to such a way that your screen is not spazing out. As well as adjusting Knockback values to prevent enemies from going out in to outer space. Some of my characters also freeze up and I will definitely require someone with a sharp mind to evaluate if it's just a coding related problem.
3. There is no using regular Portraits when scaling things up giant because there portrait alone will take up most of the screen so we have to use fonts in place of standard 9000,0 9000,1 portraits So the best solution I came up with is creating fonts for p1 and p2 sides.
4. Arcade mode will need to be set up in such a way as to limit the size of the characters according to there size class which connects directly to there stage size as well, I will list more details bellow.
WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE STILL?
1. Coding Fixes "My Knowledge is very limited but growing"
- Characters Freezing
- Screen Shake either way to intense needs to be toned down or eliminated.
- Knockback values either need toned down or eliminated.
2. Additional FONTS including but not limited to "All fonts need duplicate mirrored for p2 side."
- In Fight Victory Names
- Select Screen Character Names
- VS Screen Names
- Win Screen Dialog
3. Additional Stages "My Goal is 10 stages per size Class which I will list bellow"
-Stages must be geared for each characters size class to properly function for each size class
4. Arcade Mode Order select
-needs to be set up in such a way for each varied size class.
THE SIZE CLASSES
XL- Xtra Large
XXL- Xtra Xtra Large
XXXL- Xtra Xtra Xtra Large
To show you more clearly what this looks like here is a series of shots from the Giant Mugen project.
For Comparison I have a shot of the same XXXL Scale next to a regular character
XXL "Still need stages scale appropriately for this class character"
IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HELPING I OPEN THIS PROJECT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE FOR ASSISTANCE!
More shots and information will be posted bellow
Last edited by PowerfulJoe on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total