Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello! Empty Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 am

WewserLethalDude

Hello! 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Heh. It will take more than just deleting my account to get rid of me; especially two days after sending me an email with a 30-day warning.

2Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:37 am

NAMTron

NAMTron

Hello! RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Inactive accounts are automatically purged from our database as per our forum rules.
Sometimes the email may be delayed.
Unless you intend to be an active member/contributor to the community, there is no merit to having an account here as your rank will restrict your forum access.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello! 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

3Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:55 am

WewserLethalDude

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)

What restrictions does my rank imply and what, if anything, can I do about it?

4Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:28 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Hello! 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Firstly hello and welcome to newagemugen....for the second time around im guessing?
As for your questions:

https://www.newagemugen.com/t2749-newagemugen-ranking-guide-updated-12-28-19

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hello! 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

5Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:32 am

WewserLethalDude

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)

Thanks for welcoming me, and thanks for the link! The mobile site is awkward to navigate.

6Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:41 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Unlike other mugen forums, this community has mainly.consisted of high end pc users and graphic design/digital artists. The site itself is configured to run on a 4k desktop display as thats the preference for our core members.
Although forumotion supports mobile functionaliry, we really dont use it since you cant work on mugen from your phone anyway

7Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:47 am

WewserLethalDude

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)

Yeah, I know nothing about graphics design, sadly. I can code a bit, and MUGEN's scripting is nice, but that's about it. I suppose I could make a KFM edit once every few months, if that's what keeps MUGEN growing.

Funnily, I forgot all about this site, but I read something about commissions. As I mentioned, I'm pretty confident in my ability to learn to script in MUGEN, and there's a character that I'd like to make, if I could get someone who knows what they're doing to make the sprites. (Though this is more of a daydream than anything else.)

I don't suppose that you've any advice?

8Hello! Empty Re: Hello! Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:08 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

As far as advice goes, I can only speak on personal experience from being in newagemugen and the general community for 15+ years.

The main advice being really ask yourself how much time you realistically have to dedicate to mugen, and how determined are you to stick with it and not quit.
And most importantly why are you doing it and whats the ultimate goal or end game for what you want to achieve.

We see over 1000 new members here every year since 2014ish but we also remove that many who quit or retire.
The reason being people think mugen will be an easy thing to get into and they can build their dream game or full project.
Then they hit a wall whether it be coding or graphics and give up when they realise that nobody is going to help them or hold their hand. It takes alot of persistence and drive to keep doing mugen as a creative hobby and requires patience and learning.
Every few years an older member will come back with high hopes to hit the ground running with mugen but soon quit again when they realise its lonely nights and hard work

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum