Avengers: United Battle Force is a game I am working togheter with Doom on OpenBOR engine (something I advice every mugen creator to take a look). The idea is, somehow, to pay a homage to the original Arcade game called Captain America and the Avengers, which every of us loved when was a kid, but with a new interpretation. All kudos to Data East and Marvel for the original game!
(But guys, seriously, that game has a LOT of size errors... Juggernaut has almost the same size of Iron Man? No way. And why the hell he would use a bazooka? The guy IS a bazooka himself, lol)
While we use some gameplay from the original game, we added many things:
- At least, 2 special moves per char. Some chars have more moves.
- Each char is unique in some way: They have different values for life, attack, defense, power, speed and range.
- Some chars have passive skills (like regeneration), some have unique skills (like fyling mode).
- Breakout move (for dangerous times), rise attacks
- Unique AVENGER POWER per char, like a Desesperation Move. Consumes all the power bar but does a lot of damage.
-Each character have different values for attack, defense, speed, mp, mp consumption, mp recover and status change.
-Some chars have double jump, some have fly mode, some will run while some will only dash,etc
Some chars will have passive skills, designed to give even more uniqueness.
Asgardian - Can't be burned or poisoned (still receive damage from the attacks)
Super Armor - He won't enters into the pain state if the attack isn't strong enough.
Natural Leadership - Recovers powers quickly.
SHOTS (SOME ARE OUTDATED):
Me (Hulk) and my son (Iron Man) playing against Tiger Shark, one of the bosses
Black Cat preview
one of the things I most love in openBOR: you can control the screen zoon inside the char, not on the stage
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More to come soon :)