Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear

+2
G
TweaK
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

11.0/older HR SP Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:07 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear 49283851498_0631820187_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

Ok well we talked about this for a little bit and i thought on it more. Instead of Capcom v GG its gonna be SFvGG. Its a massive WIP and atm this is just a working sketch of what i got in mind. I like a lotta feedback on what i'm doing so here's teh png of what i have so far. Thinking of ballparking it at like 20-26 slots for characters. not sure yet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

21.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm

G

G

Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

I love the idea. It's very nice. It seems like a good idea to use the main game protagonists on the menu as well, I like that. Just an opinion, but I think you should do something similar for all the screens, game protagonists with the other game protagonists and antagonists with antagonists.

Also, maybe a diverse color scheme. Maybe dedicating one color to one genre, on the select screen of course. The menu idea as is seems kind of simple and bland, but it looks pretty good.

Also, I assume you plan on custom portraits, what ideas do you have for the other screens?

Not a guarantee either, but maybe you could ask Gun0 to do some sort of GG/SF music for you, maybe a remix of both to go with your screenpack and make it more original.

Going back to the color scheme, maybe you could somehow implement it into the menu on your character renders, such as a border or inner glow of some sort to make the scheme stand out more.

Good luck on this! I like that you're going through with it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.newagemugen.com/

31.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:40 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

I'm thinking of doing the typical Red vs Blue thing with black being used as an Accent for both. So SF will be Blue and Black and GG will be Red and Black. I was trying to make the menu fit inline with the style of both franchises because GG has that gritty look to its title screens and SF is kinda just there. I think I'm gonna have to infuse it with my own flavor and maybe go a lil techno-ish on this to make it pop. Seeing it on screen though is helping me realize that it definitely needs its own style instead of trying to cater to the already established norms of each franshise.

As for the selection screens and such I'm thinking of going with my hexagon/rectangles idea from CVS 2010 for the select screen but with the before mentioned colors. I'm still sketching out ideas for the other screens though.

I will ask Gun0 to help out with a soundtrack.

And yeah I got a ton of renders from both franchises.

41.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:48 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Sounds good, then. I'm looking forward to it. Your color scheme idea seems spot on, i'm actually not too sure how the techno idea would work, but I have a feeling you'll implement it well. Keep us informed! I'll give as much feedback that I can.

51.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:20 am

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Here's what i got so far for my select screen.
Spoiler:

I wanted to use full renders cuz I thought that would look more badass. But I'm having trouble getting that to work. I'm either gonna have to cut the renders or something. the select your character text will marquee across the top. I forgot to put a box for the stage selection which goes between the fighters on the bottom. I'm having second thoughts about the logos for each franchise at the top but we'll see. What do you guys think so far and I know the portraits are a lil off atm i'm still trying to get a good size down

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

61.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:35 am

Seph

Seph

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

That looks really nice. What are you planning for the background?

Thanks Watta!

Gamer Card:

71.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:32 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

The idea is all there. It looks great!

Just my two cents, but you should manually sharpen the Street Fighter And Guilty Gear text to make it stand out more. It also still seems a bit bland, maybe you could add backgrounds from Street Fighter and Guilty Gear in a static effect behind the portraits that scroll through.

The small portraits themselves like you said are very off. They're different sizes on each. You should make them much much smaller, for more character spaces. I would even extend the length a bit, meaning, the character slots in my opinion should reach all the way up to the border of the "please select your character" text and end at the border of the "select your arena" text.

Just a random thought, I think it'd be neat to have the "please select your character" text animated and moving in one direction, while the arena text moves in another.

And it may just be me, but the small portraits themselves seem a bit bland. Maybe adding some sort of glow effect dedicated to their color would be cool.

Also don't forgot the screenpack should blend together nicely, try and use a similar style for all screens.

Everything is on track so far! Keep us updated!

81.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:35 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Thanks for the input guys.

@ Seph: For the Bg I'm thinking of putting an image of another pair of Protagonists going at it. Maybe Cammy and Axel since their English. Or Ken and Ky. I'm looking for more brushes to use on this thing mainly stars and some more stripes.

@ GLB: I was gonna do bigger longer icons but I didn't want the icons to look massive, but now I see that huger icons would help cuz you can barely if at all see that chun-li and Jam's Names have a glow to them. for the Top and bottom borders that was exactly what i had in mind. i think the killer for the logos is that they are outlined in black and the bg is also black, I'm gonna see what happens with a lighter black. Also could you explain more about your bg suggestion? As for the style i'm thinking of doing abuncha stripes and stars andheavy black red and blue, kinda using a style similar to the Tekken 6 Promo stuff.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total

91.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:48 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

With the background idea I meant, like stages from guilty gear and street fighter that scroll through the background behind the portraits with a layerno 1 static effect overlaying them.

101.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

ok, I may have to ask for an assist on that later. Here's a revision of the Select screen (its a photoshop pic but basically what I'm gonna go for and I got it laid out in a million layers.) Still don't have much going on in the BG but now i'm thinking some vertically scrolling stuff would help that out.

[Select Screen Redux]
Spoiler:

[Behind the Renders]
Spoiler:

GLB was definitely right on about bigger icons. They look better and you can see the glowing names better. Now though because of the size I chose its limited to 20 fighters which is 10 per franchise now. Which isn't terrible sine i wanted to allow for 20-26 characters. Plus there's always secret characters. I kinda ran outta ideas on what other SF characters to make portraits for. I still have plenty of GG ppl to do but i kinda wanted to share this with everyone. As for the Select cursors I'm thinking simple black glowing P1 and P2 icons would be cool.

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total

111.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:42 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

That looks much better.

As for the background, I may be able to explain that better when you get around to it. It was a simple idea pitch anywho, I just think something animated pertaining to the screenpack idea behind the portraits would fill that emptiness and look pretty cool.

The cursor idea is good. Same with the secret slot's idea. For bosses, of course.

Also what idea do you have for basic sounds? Guilty Gear sounds? Street Fighter sounds? Mixture?

121.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:12 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Gonna try for a mixture of sounds from Guilty Gear X2 and SFIII:Third Strike. those seem to mesh the best in my head. Btw i'm having issues opening my 1.0 sprites with fighter Factory (its FFU 2.6). i need the older one right?

131.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:20 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

I've never tried FFU to be completely honest. I've never experienced issues with classic. What sort of issues in particular? Because I remember classic having a glitch where it messed up your sprites when you double clicked the link, but if you manually clicked the add/ok button on the window it would be fine.

141.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:25 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

FFU isn't opening any sprites from 1.0 at all. I manually click open and everything and it just sits there. i'm dling FFC now and I think that was the one I was using before I quit last time.

151.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:27 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Oh okay. Yeah sorry, I can't be of much help there.

I'm a geezer, never upgraded, lol.

161.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:37 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

hmm i'll see if i can figure it out

171.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:48 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

here are a few in game screenshots.

Updated Menu screen(lacking fonts)
Spoiler:

Select screen is up (Still needs scrolling text and bg)
Spoiler:

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

181.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:53 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

I'm not sure how I feel about that menu.

It doesn't blend too well in my opinion. Also, on the menu you should have the Street Fighter and Guilty Gear text blended into the wall looking like it's imprinted or spray-painted into it.

The select screen looks alright though. What're you going to do about that Arcade text on it though?

191.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:57 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Gonna lower it if i don't just drop it all together. kinda detracts from the screen. and you don;t need it. You should know what mode your in if you just selected it 2 seconds ago.

201.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:01 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

True.

I agree with that. Is that your final on the menu as well? Or are you just using it as a place holder? Because if not, The Guilty Gear side doesn't go down all the way, and the street fighter bricks run along the bottom of the guilty gear side.

I don't really like the menu too much, though. scratch

Also what plans do you for fonts?

211.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:39 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

The Bricks and Steel thing was a suggestion from a guy on MFG. I decided to see how that would turn out. I think it looks bad cuz the edges are super crisp. Still working out bg ideas.

here's another go at the same idea without the red or blue.
Spoiler:

As for the issues you mentioned with the Bricks i'm not seeing that. Everything looks flush and I double checks my psd files, they aren't even layers on top of one another, they are flush side by side. For fonts i'm thinking of using the same one i used for the "Select your Character" text. Thats called Imagine. And TS Black Bold which is the font I'm using for the portrait names and the VS in the logo.

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

221.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:16 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

It was the blue line on the bottom in windowed mugen that through my off. My apologies.

I see you did with the text on the walls idea. Now that I think about it, maybe you could add more than the 2 main protagonist renders, and blend them into the wall like graffiti on the Street Fighter side, and make the guilty gear side bricks as well blending in several renders. The divide can be determined by the Guilty Gear and Street Fighter text above.

I think that would make the renders look less randomly placed, and give a bit more life.

231.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 am

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

update on the Title/Menu screen. Still trying to get the right feel for it. I think the bricks are throwing me off. Since its already leaning toward the techy style i should probably expand on that.

Spoiler:

Last edited by TweaK on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

241.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 am

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Your column idea with the street fighter section was pretty well done. You should consider doing that more on your screen.

Just the bricks alone if you were to ask me look much better than they did before. Maybe you could consider blending objects into the wall, like some sort of graffiti effect. Like the renders, the text, etc. Also, just out of curiosity, is that bar around Akuma animated?

If it is, i'd say make columns all connecting to one another from SF to Guilty Gear, but have a significant color line divide the two. And have the area that's red for Akuma be blue for someone on the GG side.

Also, just personal preference but your SF text is farther away from your VS. text than your GG text is, you should center them and move them the same distance away so it looks more even.

Trial and error though, trial and error. You're doing very well.

251.0/older HR SP Re: Street Fighter VS Guilty Gear Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:28 pm

TweaK

TweaK

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)

Nah the bar is static, that's actually a pic from one of the comics if i remember right. I'm still fighting to find that specific look that feels right to me. I may switch it up and do hexagons or something. IDk

I may try doing columns and having all animate i just need to figure out how to do that first. haven't been able to get much work done on the account of school but i'll try to make some progress soon.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum