Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shadic12

Shadic12

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges

1.This is the third Commission for fightfx  the Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar
2. My maximum budget would be around $200 if the fightfx requires more I am willing to dish out more money
3. For the time frame you can take as much time as you like there is no need to rush this commission since I am usually not in a hurry.
4. The  hitsparks FightFx is going to be in the source game and if you would like to put a twist on it then I wouldn't mind.
5. I believe this will be it for this Commission.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Hi shadic12
As previously discussed, this is definitely something we can look at for you.
As this is a more complex task, requiring several additional skillsets, planning and research,
I am looking to bring another Newagemugen creator in to assist with this who specializes in Vfx and animations in particularly hitspark and character vfx related assets.

I am going to go and make some inquiries and do some research, then as per usual I will be back with the usual round of questions and planning discussions to ensure we produce this to the highest quality as per your requirements.
We will discuss in more detail once my inquiries have been completed.

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

Thanks I am looking forward to working to with you again

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12

I have successfully completed my inquiries and research in regards to the optimal way of handling and accessing the in-game hitspark effects from Blazblue Cross Tag Battle/ Cross Tag Battle 2.0.

Here I will explain my findings and research.

1.Extracting/testing the sprites

Thanks to another Team Newagemugen member (Credits: FilthyFredo) I was able to successfully obtain a copy of one of the main spritesheets with the core hitspark sprite frames.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In conclusion, it appears that some of these sprites are usable while some are not, because these sprites extracted appear flat, while the ones in game are warping via ingame code and possibly are being generatred on a 3D axis (obviously not possible in mugen).
This is no issue, it just changes how we need to approach this project and recreate the effects for mugen.

2.Studying the Hitsparks

After studying it, I have then looked at how the sprites appear during some of the base animations in the actual game,
paying attention to the basic dust sprite animations and normal attack hitsparks.

For example, here is the basic attack hitspark animations for non weapon attacks
(the hitsparks that would appear when punched or kicked)

Here is what currently is being used in your mugen build fightfx for normal attacks

So in conclusion, it appears to me that the best way to do this would be to make custom sprites using a combination of the existing sprite rips, and also original animations.
Also, because the way mugen fightfx and coding works is different to the way that blazblue cross tag battle works, it is not a matter of simply swapping out the old effects for new ones because some animations that happen in Blazblue cross tag battle are unique to each individual character, and are not universal effects, if that makes sense. Also, the states and types of hitsparks needed in mugen (dust, wallbounce, light medium hard atk etc) dont exist in Blazblue cross tag battle, and vice versa, some of the effects and states used in BBCTB dont exist in Mugen.
This is also no issue, it just means we have to slightly customise how the effects are implemented for each fightfx animation in mugen.

So in conclusion to my research and tests, I am proposing that we do the following:

1. Replace each set of animations/hitsparks in the current KOFXIII style fightfx with original/customised HD hitsparks based on the Blazblue rips
2. For fightfx animations/states in mugen that donot exist in the Blazblue Cross Tag Battle game system, Create 100% original animations & hitsparks that are inspired by the Blazblue style effects and still within the same style as close as possible.

If that sounds good to you, please let me know, and/or if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
Once confirmed, we can proceed with the next series of questions

Filthy Fredo and Shadic12 like this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

That sounds good to me I will take your suggestion.

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

[Completed request]Fightfx hitsparks for Blazblue Cross Tag battle HD Legacy Hybrid lifebar 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:
1.Extracting/testing the sprites

Thanks to another Team Newagemugen member (Credits: FilthyFredo) I was able to successfully obtain a copy of one of the main spritesheets with the core hitspark sprite frames.

In conclusion, it appears that some of these sprites are usable while some are not, because these sprites extracted appear flat, while the ones in game are warping via ingame code and possibly are being generatred on a 3D axis (obviously not possible in mugen).
This is no issue, it just changes how we need to approach this project and recreate the effects for mugen.

Actually the credit is to my friend Spøgelse112 for the Rips and advice. He is help me many time with difficult to get sprite rips for my stage commissions project for GRAYFOX:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But yes you are right the problem is even if have the sprites, you need to do some custom work to make the animation or make it look like is on z-axis 3d kind of thing, so sometimes maybe is easier to make from beginning but if you have problem then ask Phant0mD because he is more expert of the hitsparks types of things on his character edits stuff commissions but yes thank you for credit it will be a a good finished project

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Cosmic frog will get you!
Download My Mugen Stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

@Filthy Fredo
Yes, thanks to your friend and yourself also for looking into this, it was a great help.

Thank you for confirming that.

To continue, I will now discuss the required Animations in the default Fightfx.sff/.air that need to be upgraded.
Please find below a list of all of the individual animations required by the default Mugen Fightfx.air/sff currently in use.
These can be reviewed and checked via Fighter factory on your end on the animations tab as per shown below:

Normal attack hitsparks (5)
Light hit spark - Action 0
Medium hit spark - Action 1
Strong hit spark - Action 2
Strong hit spark (Alternate) - Action 3
Very strong hit spark - Action 333

Blood sparks (3)
Weak blood hit spark - Action 10
Medium blood hit spark - Action 11
Strong blood hit spark - Action 12

Guard sparks (3)
Guard spark Light - Action 42
Guard spark Medium - Action 41
Guard spark Strong - Action 40

Ground shockwave effects (4)
Weak ground shockwave 2 - Action 60
Medium ground shockwave - Action 61
Strong ground shockwave - Action 62
SMASH ground shockwave - Action 63

Wall hit shockwave effect (3)
Light wall-hit shockwave - Action 70
Medium wall-hit shockwave - Action 71
Strong wall-hit shockwave - Action 72

Power charge (5)
Level 1 super effect - Action 100
Level 2 super effect - Action 101
Level 3 super effect - Action 102
Level 1 super effect - 2 - Action 110
Level 2 super effect - 2 - Action 111

Other (2)
Small floor dust - Action 120
Power up effect - Action 130

As you can see in total, there are a total of 25 Hitspark efects required.

One thing worth mentioning is that just because all of the hitsparks are upgraded,
it does not necessarily mean that every character is going to use all of them.
It will depend on the individual coding and fightfx settings of each character.

With that said, I will move on to my next set of questions:

1. For the Default Hitsparks, which of the following do you require:
A. You want ALL of the default Fightfx animations updated as per the Blazblue CTB system
B. You only want certain/specific ones updated that related to the characters you intend to use (E.G OHMSBY author characters only)

If the Answer is A, then I will create a full Fightfx system so that ALL characters that don't include default hitsparks will have access to them
If the answer is B, I will need to know which ones of the above mentioned you don't require so i know which ones not to create

Once confirmed, we can move on to the final project summary

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:@Filthy Fredo
Yes, thanks to your friend and yourself also for looking into this, it was a great help.

Thank you for confirming that.

To continue, I will now discuss the required Animations in the default Fightfx.sff/.air that need to be upgraded.
Please find below a list of all of the individual animations required by the default Mugen Fightfx.air/sff currently in use.
These can be reviewed and checked via Fighter factory on your end on the animations tab as per shown below:

Blood sparks (3)

Guard sparks (3)

Power charge (5)

Other (2)

As you can see in total, there are a total of 25 Hitspark efects required.

One thing worth mentioning is that just because all of the hitsparks are upgraded,
it does not necessarily mean that every character is going to use all of them.
It will depend on the individual coding and fightfx settings of each character.

With that said, I will move on to my next set of questions:

1. For the Default Hitsparks, which of the following do you require:
A. You want ALL of the default Fightfx animations updated as per the Blazblue CTB system
B. You only want certain/specific ones updated that related to the characters you intend to use (E.G OHMSBY author characters only)

If the Answer is A, then I will create a full Fightfx system so that ALL characters that don't include default hitsparks will have access to them
If the answer is B, I will need to know which ones of the above mentioned you don't require so i know which ones not to create

Once confirmed, we can move on to the final project summary

I will go with option A.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12

Excellent. Thank you for confirming that.
One last question I have before I compile the final project summary is regarding the color scheme:

which of the following do you want for the general FX theme:

A. Match the fightfx color scheme as close as possible to the default Blazblue Cross tag version sparks
(E.g orange & reddish hitsparks, generic colored dust etc as shown in the demo video of actual game)
B. Add the legacy gradient color scheme used to date on the hitspark effect so as to match the overall theme used so far

Once we have confirmed this, I should have all the info i need to make a final summary for you

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Hi Shadic12

Excellent. Thank you for confirming that.
One last question I have before I compile the final project summary is regarding the color scheme:

which of the following do you want for the general FX theme:

A. Match the fightfx color scheme as close as possible to the default Blazblue Cross tag version sparks
   (E.g orange & reddish hitsparks, generic colored dust etc as shown in the demo video of actual game)
B. Add the legacy gradient color scheme used to date on the hitspark effect so as to match the overall theme used so far

Once we have confirmed this, I should have all the info i need to make a final summary for you
Option B. I will probably Commission you again for option A so I can choose between the two types.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12

Thanks for confirming that final detail.
Now that I have all the necessary information, I will begin compiling a project summary as per our previous projects.
Once complete you can review it and make sure we have covered all areas, and ask or any additional changes/updates and/or proceed.

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

Nice I probably have a feeling this is going to be much more costly compared to the lifebar but I don't mind.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Shadic12 wrote:Nice I probably have a feeling this is going to be much more costly compared to the lifebar but I don't mind.

Hi Shadic12

Surprisingly not.
Customizing the default Mugen Fightfx is the most cost effective/least time consuming option.
The default Mugen fightFX has very limited requirements compared to other more complex methods.
For example there are 2 other common fightfx related options that people often request:

For example The mugen addon "ADD004"
It Expands the default hitspark set by adding a larger range of default effects, combo announcers & dust sparks/hitspark options to Mugen.
Obviously this increases the maximum number of animations and effects required.
It makes for a much more full game, visually impactful experience but is a far more expensive/time consuming way of handling the fightfx.
Only very few people go for that option.

Also, many people often ask for actual individual characters unique hitsparks and hyper combo fx to be updated.
As you can imagine doing this "per character" can be a very time consuming & expensive task.
We do get these types of requests time to time, but as you can imagine it can get quite timely/costly requesting multiple character fx updates compared to just one single fightfx.sff/air

With that said, I can now provide you the Project summary:

Job Summary
Create a modified version of the default Mugen 1.1 Fightfx.air/sff files with specific modifications as discussed.
Client does not require any limitations on quality/file size and has sufficient VRAM/SYSRAM to support high-end 16/32bit png OPENGL content as discussed.
(PC specs = NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER/10th Generation Intel Core i9k/64 GB RAM.)
Client has not specified a specific timeframe/required date. Default Newagemugen commission processing timeframe applies.
Final product to be built and resupplied inside the supplied copy of client's personal Mugen build.

Basic requirements
- Update existing default Fightfx.sff/air.
- Client requires 100% original/custom animation and effects to replicate/inspired by the BB Cross tag Battle ingame effects as discussed.
- Resources to be created using a combination of existing rips and original animation effects as discussed.
- Apply Noz Legacy Screenpack Lifebar color scheme to hitspark effects where applicable as discussed.
- Client is happy for additional improvements/animation upgrades to be made to the fightfx system as discussed (this will be done at no extra cost).

Technical fightfx requirements
- Replace each set of animations/hitsparks in the current KOFXIII style fightfx with original/customized HD hitsparks based on the Blazblue rips
- For fightfx animations/states in mugen that don't exist in the Blazblue Cross Tag Battle game system, Create 100% original animations & hitsparks that are inspired by the Blazblue style effects and still within the same style as close as possible.

Create 25 x animations to replace all of the following default Mugen Hispark actions/anims as discussed:

Blood sparks (3)

Guard sparks (3)

Power charge (5)

Other (2)

Legacy Custom Blazblue Cross Tag Battle FightFX Workload Roadmap

Initial & setup
- Initial Animation template formatting & Setup (min 1 hours)

FightFX animation Workload
- Normal attack hitsparks (5) Concept & design (min 2 hours )
- Blood sparks (3) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Guard sparks (3) Concept & design (min 2 hours )
- Ground shockwave effects (4) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Wall hit shockwave effect (3) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Power charge (5) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Small floor dust - Action 120 Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Power up effect - Action 130 Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Sprite/animation creation/style application (min 2 hours )
- Coding/sprite axis repositioning (min 2 hours )
- sff compilation & coding (min2 hours )
- PSD Template creation/setup/formatting (Min 1 hours )

In summary, with all of the above listed elements, 
& as per the Newagemugen Commissions guide and Community terms & Conditions of use policy, the std rate is a Donation of $18.00 USD per Hour of services required.

The total commission workload will be A MINIMUM of 18 Hours Labor/design time @ 18.00/hr donation = 324.00
(50% donation req on start date, 50% on finish date via our donations page)
I am however happy to do this at a reduced donation of 260.00 due to your continued support of the Newagemugen community.
Any/all additional required workload/time required to complete the task outside any of the above specified will be the responsibility of Newagemugen/the creator/s and/or subsidized by the Newagemugen Goldsaint sponsor system.

If you are happy with this, please confirm that you have read and accept all the above information, as well as all information in the Commissions guide section

Please let me know if you have any other questions & please check carefully to ensure no details have been missed/omitted from your commission project summary before proceeding.
Thank you for your patience & I look forward to your reply.

Shadic12 likes this post

Shadic12

Shadic12

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Idol Master (Gold)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Silver)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:
Shadic12 wrote:Nice I probably have a feeling this is going to be much more costly compared to the lifebar but I don't mind.

Hi Shadic12

Surprisingly not.
Customizing the default Mugen Fightfx is the most cost effective/least time consuming option.
The default Mugen fightFX has very limited requirements compared to other more complex methods.
For example there are 2 other common fightfx related options that people often request:

For example The mugen addon "ADD004"
It Expands the default hitspark set by adding a larger range of default effects, combo announcers & dust sparks/hitspark options to Mugen.
Obviously this increases the maximum number of animations and effects required.
It makes for a much more full game, visually impactful experience but is a far more expensive/time consuming way of handling the fightfx.
Only very few people go for that option.

Also, many people often ask for actual individual characters unique hitsparks and hyper combo fx to be updated.
As you can imagine doing this "per character" can be a very time consuming & expensive task.
We do get these types of requests time to time, but as you can imagine it can get quite timely/costly requesting multiple character fx updates compared to just one single fightfx.sff/air

With that said, I can now provide you the Project summary:

Job Summary
Create a modified version of the default Mugen 1.1 Fightfx.air/sff files with specific modifications as discussed.
Client does not require any limitations on quality/file size and has sufficient VRAM/SYSRAM to support high-end 16/32bit png OPENGL content as discussed.
(PC specs = NIVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER/10th Generation Intel Core i9k/64 GB RAM.)
Client has not specified a specific timeframe/required date. Default Newagemugen commission processing timeframe applies.
Final product to be built and resupplied inside the supplied copy of client's personal Mugen build.

Basic requirements
- Update existing default Fightfx.sff/air.
- Client requires 100% original/custom animation and effects to replicate/inspired by the BB Cross tag Battle ingame effects as discussed.
- Resources to be created using a combination of existing rips and original animation effects as discussed.
- Apply Noz Legacy Screenpack Lifebar color scheme to hitspark effects where applicable as discussed.
- Client is happy for additional improvements/animation upgrades to be made to the fightfx system as discussed (this will be done at no extra cost).

Technical fightfx requirements
- Replace each set of animations/hitsparks in the current KOFXIII style fightfx with original/customized HD hitsparks based on the Blazblue rips
- For fightfx animations/states in mugen that don't exist in the Blazblue Cross Tag Battle game system, Create 100% original animations & hitsparks that are inspired by the Blazblue style effects and still within the same style as close as possible.

Create 25 x animations to replace all of the following default Mugen Hispark actions/anims as discussed:

Blood sparks (3)

Guard sparks (3)

Power charge (5)

Other (2)

Legacy Custom Blazblue Cross Tag Battle FightFX Workload Roadmap

Initial & setup
- Initial Animation template formatting & Setup (min 1 hours)

FightFX animation Workload
- Normal attack hitsparks (5) Concept & design (min 2 hours )
- Blood sparks (3) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Guard sparks (3) Concept & design (min 2 hours )
- Ground shockwave effects (4) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Wall hit shockwave effect (3) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Power charge (5) Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Small floor dust - Action 120 Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Power up effect - Action 130 Concept & design (min 1 hours )
- Sprite/animation creation/style application (min 2 hours )
- Coding/sprite axis repositioning (min 2 hours )
- sff compilation & coding (min2 hours )
- PSD Template creation/setup/formatting (Min 1 hours )

In summary, with all of the above listed elements, 
& as per the Newagemugen Commissions guide and Community terms & Conditions of use policy, the std rate is a Donation of $18.00 USD per Hour of services required.

The total commission workload will be A MINIMUM of 18 Hours Labor/design time @ 18.00/hr donation = 324.00
(50% donation req on start date, 50% on finish date via our donations page)
I am however happy to do this at a reduced donation of 260.00 due to your continued support of the Newagemugen community.
Any/all additional required workload/time required to complete the task outside any of the above specified will be the responsibility of Newagemugen/the creator/s and/or subsidized by the Newagemugen Goldsaint sponsor system.

If you are happy with this, please confirm that you have read and accept all the above information, as well as all information in the Commissions guide section

Please let me know if you have any other questions & please check carefully to ensure no details have been missed/omitted from your commission project summary before proceeding.
Thank you for your patience & I look forward to your reply.
Thanks for the discount and I have read, understand & Accept parts 1-5 of the Newagemugen Commissions Guide xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Shadic12
Thank you for that.
I will nnow mark this planning thread as complete and create a new Active COmmission thread for this project that will be live at the following link shortly:

I look forward to working with you again and thank you for supporting Newagemugen forums

Shadic12 likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum