Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes...

+7
Vegaz_Parrelli
Filthy Fredo
Shakti♥chu<3
SuperWhiskey
Phant0mD
✴Ex-Sirius✴
CancerManXIII
11 posters

Do you think we should be adding to the release section more with offsite releaae links?

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... Vote_lcap100%Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... Vote_rcap 100% [ 10 ]
Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... Vote_lcap0%Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Personal rant and observation.
All you newbies joining should be bringing something to the table.
Im not talking about the video makers because they already doing their bit. Just saying that even non content creators should atleast repost some cool downloads or something if they see them offsite worth sharing here.
What do y'all think?
Also it increases your rank if you are trying to level up aswell

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... KwiHzMC

-Metal SK- and Vermilion Spy like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

It would be nice to see others help out and share more characters and stages with download links off site that are worth knowing about.
There are many people who probably only come here looking for downloads and totally rely on other people to keep fresh news coming in that isn't just unreleased projects or private commission work related, so it would be good if some of our members helped contrinute more in that way by sharing release news.
I include myself in that statement and should endeavor to hunt down more worthwhile content.
I recently helped Fredo with a mugen world network article so its a small start.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

we could DEFINITELY use more release posters 4 sure!
PLus the bonus to posting releases is that it contributes to your forum rank aswell so there's more benefit to posting here than on other sites ladz!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Because everyone relies on mugenarchive and mugenguild for releases too much.
And outside of that probably complacency using discord to find download links maybe idk

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... FXzcO3r

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

hmm i do think it is kind of a shame that all the new members here only maybe 5% actually decide to help us build the community isnt it.
SOme of the people that join here i recognise the names from other websites too.
also i think that they think the downloads and stuff are magically appear from nowhere ^^
Maybe they dont realise that they also are here to play an important part in helping the community grow.
Its also sad because they dont know they are missing out on many benefits of increasing the rank and getting help from the forum for their creations and youtube channels

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I will try to help add more character and other things after my studies is finished

The Cosmic frog will get you!
Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

SuperWhiskey wrote:Because everyone relies on mugenarchive and mugenguild for releases too much.
And outside of that probably complacency using discord to find download links maybe idk

This is the bulk of the issue. Plus on most sites it's kinda a thankless job. But here and MFFA, you actually get rewarded for it. Most are unaware of the benefits,  most likely. It's super rare for me to do it cuz I'm always dropping my own content. But this thread ain't even about content creators.  Although, grabbing some outside releases and showcasing them in my vids and using that to show them of in the release thread might not be a bad idea. study

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I think all the new member here must have to share something or do something production to make the community improvements.

Because i see some people are log in every day but not share any new release.
it is easy to look on other website do research and share the link here too.

Maybe we need to create new rule that new member must find some release from other website and re share it with the downloads links here

The Cosmic frog will get you!
Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

Vermilion Spy likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)

I definitely want to be more actively involved in curating the releases sections but sadly most my free time has been allocated to non stop commission works - all quite large projects both here and off-site.
If it wasn't for that I would be more involved definitely.
Hopefully some of the more recent registered members that seem quite frequent visitors will start contributing also.
Maybe we need to broadcast our something/add some incentives to make more members post releases and help build up the collections

Vermilion Spy and AcidUnleashed like this post

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

SuperWhiskey wrote:Because everyone relies on mugenarchive and mugenguild for releases too much.

I would say this is a large contributing factor.
One thing I am aware of though also is that there have been members here in recent history that despite being moderately active, do log into their accounts here, but seem to only really make contributions on off-site forums.
Usually mainstream sites like Mugenguild or archive.
I think this is due to 2 factors - one being possibly the intimidation factor (many creators are reluctant to share content on their own here knowing there is a much higher expectation on quality and presentation)
The second being as others have mentioned, it just seems to be learned behavior and habitual.
People who are always going to be active on one particular forum or another, will usually just stick to their same pattern of behavior and not really want to step outside of their comfort zone.
That's why you will usually find that there are creators that only release on mugen guild or another site, and will have a very close-minded fanbase that are oblivious to the more advanced content/creation that happens on close-knit communities like this one with certain standards/expectations.

Regardless, I think it is a problem we need to address, and we are talking about implementing some incentive systems to encourage newly registered members to participate in posting off-site/found releases and helping build up the downloads sections

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

AcidUnleashed likes this post

AcidUnleashed

AcidUnleashed

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 2GPpdMR
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

I'll share what ever I find. I'm just looking for old forgotten stages at this point. Mostly Club Syn and Phantom G posted stuff that I remember. I keep forgetting some of the stuff was either memes or only shared with select few. Outside that sure if I bump into something I'll share it here. Least I can do outside of being a social butterfly. Asking folks to share at least links to what they find isn't too much to ask hell that was done alot in the past.

Yes you see the smile but don't be alarmed
I only smile when I am around friends!

Vermilion Spy likes this post

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

AcidUnleashed wrote:I'll share what ever I find. I'm just looking for old forgotten  stages at this point. Mostly Club Syn and Phantom G posted stuff that I remember.

That's very commendable and much appreciated.
Even then, it doesn't have to be anything specific. It can be based on new releases/reposts from other sites aswell. JUS mugen is very popular at the moment so those type of releases can be found easily on youtube videos aswell by searching via the upload date filter.
We have dedicated sections for those as well as most other categories:
https://www.newagemugen.com/f9-updated-2023mugen-1-0-1-1-releases-dowloads

We also have the option for members to create collections/compilations by author and so on here, or even write reviews on old/existing sites:
https://www.newagemugen.com/f37-mugen-world-network

Luckily we have already some easy to replicate templates for members to use when posting via the website beginners guides here:
https://www.newagemugen.com/t3654-new-members-forum-usage-guide-forum-tips-posting-mugen-releases
https://www.newagemugen.com/t3602-forum-usage-guide-intermediate-advanced-universal-html-posting-template-for-creators-and-moderators

Obviously there are benefits to posting content here, but most seldom investigate the ranking system and how it works.
We have paid services available for members here looking to build a successful following/yt channel via the mugen cinema netowrk among other things.

Ironically newagemugen provides more support and perks to its members for contributing than any other mugen forum however most people dont even realize this or read into it despite the information being in the introduction/info sections in plain sight.
but this is also a good thing as we built the forum to specifically only attract a certain type of mind/tenacious individual.
The people in the community that actually pay attention to small details and are perspicacious enough, are usually also the ones most likely to produce high quality mugen content.

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

AcidUnleashed

AcidUnleashed

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

I may stumble a bit but I am so glad you posted this.
Ill strive to follow the structure given!

Yes you see the smile but don't be alarmed
I only smile when I am around friends!

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

I will do my best to contribute too!
I have lots of old offline characters and stages but also i am thinking of making some mega packs too

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 5a600110_800x600

Phant0mD likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

alright then u lazy fukkers lol! get that releases section lit up then lol!
Or maybe if everyone donate we can hire some poor college students to post links lol theres a good strategy XD

Alot of new members but nobody reposting other site releaaes... 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

oscarlin814

Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

Vermilion Spy wrote:

I would say this is a large contributing factor.
One thing I am aware of though also is that there have been members here in recent history that despite being moderately active, do log into their accounts here, but seem to only really make contributions on off-site forums.
Usually mainstream sites like Mugenguild or archive.
I think this is due to 2 factors - one being possibly the intimidation factor (many creators are reluctant to share content on their own here knowing there is a much higher expectation on quality and presentation)
The second being as others have mentioned, it just seems to be learned behavior and habitual.
People who are always going to be active on one particular forum or another, will usually just stick to their same pattern of behavior and not really want to step outside of their comfort zone.
That's why you will usually find that there are creators that only release on mugen guild or another site, and will have a very close-minded fanbase that are oblivious to the more advanced content/creation that happens on close-knit communities like this one with certain standards/expectations.

Regardless, I think it is a problem we need to address, and we are talking about implementing some incentive systems to encourage newly registered members to participate in posting off-site/found releases and helping build up the downloads sections

I think the best way to say it is that MUGEN Archive is too big. MUGEN Archive is the biggest MUGEN website by far, yes, but it's incredibly anti-author and toxic as all hell, so that's a no.

I have a decent following on YouTube, maybe I can link you guys in my channel?

Of course, I will try my damn hardest to contribute characters and/or stages that get released, but with how toxic some people are, most authors I have ties to keep their characters private. If any do get released, believe me that I will show you guys (like I did for CKOFM Mega Pack).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum