Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11.0/Older LR stage Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

Happy Biiiirthday to me....Happy Biiiirthday to me....Happy Birthday, Happy Birthday, Happy Biiiiiirthdaaaay.... tooooo... meeeeeee! Now that's GANGSTA! :lol!: It's my birthday, but guess what? I'm giving YOU a present. The man this stage was designed for needs no introduction. He is..."The Best In The World!" CM Punk was one of my favorites long before he started calling himself that. But his coolness certainly amplified afterwards With each stage I release I add something new that I've learned. I got some great support, so I can only get better. This stage takes place in an "underground arena." It's got a "strobe" light effect, parrallax, animations, a custom soundtrack(I mixed both of Punk's themes from WWE), and super jump. The concept my own, but ofcourse I gotta thank Scrollboss, POTS, RYO2005 and my partner MarkPachi(LOM Squad, ya dig! Dat behind ) for their respective sprite contributions. Let me know whatcha think...

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen034

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen035

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen036

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

21.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:44 pm

Markpachi

Markpachi

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

Oh my god. I just downloaded the stage and it is EPIC!
The mesh/fence scrolls too slow though or is it just me.

Definitely your best stage so far!

31.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:03 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

What up, Mark P! :cheers: Thanks for the support. I'm going to updating this one real soon. I'm thinking of making the cage drop down, adjusting the parallax(learning this aint' no cake walk), and I will defitnitely take a look at my delta's. I introduced a friend of mine to your website, and now he want's to get into mugen again(he's actually the one who introduced it to ME.) I'm going to study Cybaster's turorial on BGCTRL and parallax's, as well as other things I'm courious about. Then I'll REALLY create something "epic." Holla back Dat behind

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

41.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Markpachi

Markpachi

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) 49283851498_0631820187_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow your progressing fast! And good luck with the parallax and bgctrl, i'm learning that too but I just don't have the time to study it fully.

Anyways, ktnxbai. What a Face

51.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:34 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

MarkPachi wrote:Wow your progressing fast! And good luck with the parallax and bgctrl, i'm learning that too but I just don't have the time to study it fully.

No doubt, homie. Thanks for the support. Dat behind

61.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 pm

G

G

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

I believe it'd be better to have the cage behind the characters be taller covering the crowd completely. Maybe even a layerno 1 fence (Vega SF for example) to cover in front would be a nice idea.

I'm going by the screenshot so maybe you implemented this already, however; some camera flashes from the crowd, some mixed signs rather than just CM Punk signs (even though it's a stage for him.)

A nice idea overall, very creative. study

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) XqZWtLC
https://www.newagemugen.com/

71.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:08 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

GLB wrote:I believe it'd be better to have the cage behind the characters be taller covering the crowd completely. Maybe even a layerno 1 fence (Vega SF for example) to cover in front would be a nice idea.

I'm going by the screenshot so maybe you implemented this already, however; some camera flashes from the crowd, some mixed signs rather than just CM Punk signs (even though it's a stage for him.)

A nice idea overall, very creative. study

Your actually right. I had considered making the cage taller and putting a fence in layer 1. In which case I'll add ropes to the front as well(seems practical). Funny you chould mention Vega, cuz I going to drop the cage down just like in his stage. I hadn't even considered adding camera flashes, but thats's an awesome idea. Thumbs Up

I'm keeping the signs I have, but I may add 1 or 2 more. Maybe a "NewAge" sign, if that's ok. Truthfully, GLB I've had an idea in my head about a stage that will sort of be a "tribute" to NewAge Mugen. But that's something I'll PM you about when the time comes. It won't be too soon, but it will be soon.

Honestly, I kinda like the stage the way it is. I got tons of positive feedback from rookies and pros alike. It's probably my most well recieved stage yet. But if GLB is gonna take time to provide feedback, then I'm definately not sitting on my butt for this one, ya dig? Thanks, homie... Dat behind

81.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Update. I took carefull consideration of GLB's advice. Somethings I kept and somethings I removed from the final product. Here's what I did...

-I changed the "background" cage to an animation and dropped it from the ceiling ala Vega. Thumbs Up
-I added a "foreground" cage and dropped it down using the same velocity as the back cage. Thumbs Up
-I coded the "add1" into the animation code for the front cage(I was considering using sub. If anyone would care to test that and give me your opinion which is better, it would be greatly appreciated.)
-I made the cage taller(back and foreground), but it does not cover the entire crowd(I didn't like the way it looked when it was full screen.) Thumbs Up
-I implemented camera flashes in the crowd, but removed it because I didn't like the end result. Thumb down
-I didn't add more signs or change the one I have. Still undecided on whether I will change any signs or not... study

That's about it. I wanna thank GLB, Nero and AtomicBuster for their support and advice. And thank the rest of the community for their support and making me feel like a top notch creator. And I can't forget MarkPachi for hosting my creations. Holla atcha boy, ya dig!?

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen045

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen044

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen043

91.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Update. I'm learning everyday, so I decided to apply something I picked up a few stages back to add transparency to the foreground cage using "addalpha." Enjoy... 8)

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen073

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen074

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen075

101.0/Older LR stage Re: Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:14 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Update. Props goes to shullbocka for the cool idea of using a "closer" foreground cage and the sprites to pull it off. Enjoy... 8)

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen080

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen081

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen082

Straight Edge Asylum(CM Punk Arena) Mugen083

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum