Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki

+6
Shadzmadz
JJ Darko
creativeprecursor
Phant0mD
Dripsugeki
✴Ex-Sirius✴
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS''
Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki

This is the official progress tracker topic for the active Newagemugen commission topic ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS''
Custom lifebar HD upgrade/modification + Add004 integration patch for Dripsugeki.

This is a fork of the original planning and discussion thread from the completed commissions.projects thread here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Project summary
Update & apply cosmetic upgrades & HD resolution quality fixes to Client's existing personal Mugen lifebar system "Citrix" Lifebar & Portrait/font system.
Integrate Client's Citrix Lifebar system into a customized personal version of the add004 mugen addon to
allow integrated features to be used with client's upgraded lifebar build system.

Detailed Project Overview
- Client requires Porting of existing Citrix Lifebar for use with the Add004 Tag Engine
- Clients maximum budget for workload is within 200.00 USD
- Client has not specified a definite timeframe other than preferred start in January 2024.
 (Normal Newagemugen daily progress system with 24hourly intermittent update posts until day of completion rules will apply)
- Client is Using Mugen 1.1 (PC Specs are Ryzen 5 5600X/ GTX 3070 / 32gb DDR4-3200)
- Client requires special attention to eliminating/recreating the frames/distorted portions where anti-aliasing is prominent.
- Overall design to be maintained, but will be recreated from scratch using HD resources and tweaked/improved where necessary

RE: Fight.def/Lifebar system
- Client requires original Citrix Lifebar design to be recreated in HD resolution
- removal of any antialiasing factors

RE: Portrait system
- Client happy with/requires new PSD port system created from scratch as discussed
- Client requires 16/32bit png format portrait system for 1.1 non indexed.
- Client is happy for single mode portrait redesign to fit theme similar to shown below:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
- Client requires Turns mode portraits using design similar to examples below:

RE: Win.Icon system
- Client wants to retain the existing Win Icon design with no further changes, other than having them recreated with the same antialiasing fixes/resolution updates to make them match the lifebar upgrades.

RE: Font system
- Client would like completely new single color black/white fonts but only in basic truetypefont format in BISON BOLD font
as discussed

Add004 Related work Overview
- Integrate 3rd partry edited/customised BS0 variant of the add004 system by Shiyokaukuge/tatsu into the lifebar/screenpack system.
- Client to supply a base for editing that includes the custom Add004 system from BurningSoul/MeteKhan, My Citrix Lifebars, and the Renegade screenpack.
- Implement inside the Renegade SP placeholder (supplied by client).
- Client does not require any changes to the add004 system itself (will be integrated as is at time of files being supplied)

Workload Roadmap

Initial & setup
- integrated Fight.def Template/raw files re-positioning and updated assets (powerbar) Spacing allocation/calculation/setup (min 1 hours)

Fight.def - Lifebar/powerbar Workload
- Existing Citrix lifebar system assets import and template setup (min 1 hours)
- Vector recreation of distorted/lowres frames/assets & Animation creation/style application (min 2 hours )
- Coding/HP/Meter range animation/calculation & positioning (min 1 hours )
- File conversion/import/ .sff compilation & Fight.def coding updates (min 1 hours)

Portrait System Workload
- Concept & design + PSD base template creation (1.5 hours)
- Additional port mode variant template creation (1 hours)

Icons/Font System Workload
- Win.Icon system Assets recreation/vectorisation & import/.sff compilation (1.5 hours)
- Updated Font system implementation/coding (1 hour/s)
- Name Font configuration/implementation (Min 1 hours)

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

progress update:

As per the usual process/community rules,
24 hour incremental progress updates for this project will be posted here daily.

I am currently setting up the mugen.cfg to optimize the loading speeds etc for faster loading while debugging/testing, and familiarizing myself with the directories and how the .def siles and folders are configured etc.
I will be making some changes to the select.def/mugen.cfg which will allow me to work faster, and all changes will be reverted once the project is complete.

The next step will be enabling the custom add004 system inside the folder

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have integrated the default citrix lifebar system with the bso add004 fight_720p.def base in the add004 system folder.
As shown, the tag system mechanics are active and working correctly.

According to the folder path directories in your mugen build,
the active fight.def managing the lifebar system is the fight_720p.def located here in

Citrix Build/data/add004_bs0/res/fight_720p.def

The next phase will be to start integrating the add004 system mechanics into the lifebar, and configure the fight.def to access the correct fx.air files etc
(score/combo message etc)

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update

The custom Add004 system appears to be integrated correctly with the default citrix lifebar system:

The next step will be creating the base design templates and guides for recreating the
existing Citrix bars and vectorization etc

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have started creating guides and placers for calculating values/positioning for the
updated citrix bars.
To enable compatibility with the add004 system, there are certain factors which need to be taken into consideration for positioning of the HUD.
One of the main factors being the score display system as shown below.

The next step will be further updating/planning the placement of all the elements while also creating the vector base shapes that will be used for creating all the HD elements, including the simul mode HP meter

(sidenote: the HUD will be extremely High resolution and during all of my testing phases, I use 75"" IPS displays in 4K to check all edges for antialiasing/correct any pixel imperfections to ensure that maximum quality is maintained at all HD resolution settings ranging from 720p - 2160p)

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have created the base layout HD template for the Simul Mode bars & single Mode bars.

With the guides removed, to give you a very rough example of placement,
the green vector area represents the areas that the final animated HP meters for P1-P4 will be displayed.
The slight offset in comparison to the original is for two reasons:

- To allow add004 score spacing
- To allow for the Portrait system template at a later stage in this project

The next step will be coding and importing the base code/x - range info for the HP meter placement before we begin the actual aesthetic design process.

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 2GPpdMR
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Progress Update:

I have created the base layout HD template for the Simul Mode bars & single Mode bars.

With the guides removed, to give you a very rough example of placement,
the green vector area represents the areas that the final animated HP meters for P1-P4 will be displayed.
The slight offset in comparison to the original is for two reasons:

- To allow add004 score spacing
- To allow for the Portrait system template at a later stage in this project

The next step will be coding and importing the base code/x - range info for the HP meter placement before we begin the actual aesthetic design process.

Okay, I see what you're cooking. I'm liking this so far and it's insane to me how quickly you're getting this done.

Also 75" IPS Display? That's crazy! I know that had to cost a grip.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

✴Ex-Sirius✴ likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Hi Dripsugeki

Thank you for your kind words,
The initial setup/template creation process is always a bit slow/tedious and doesnt really show much interesting in regards to the actual design however it is a necessary process to ensure a solid, perfect foundation is formed and all elements are carefully planned/positioned correctly.
It also allows for the majority of the tedious coding to be taken care of from the beginning so we can focus purely on the design and animation aspects.

Regarding the IPS display, yes they are not cheap however they are a fundamental and amazing tool for anything digital design related because even the slightest pixel imperfection that would normally be unnoticeable on a generic gaming monitor or HDTV, will be blatant eyesores on a large IPS.
Which ensures nothing but perfection on client projects

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have successfully completed the base coding and area x range allocation for the single mode HP and Damage meter animations.
I have placed the HD Vectorized placeholder sprites in place as anims that will be replaced with the actual citrix gradient/3D embossed glass frame meter design animations intend to use as shown here:

Phant0mD likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have successfully imported the placeholder HP and Damage bar sprites and calculated the x range values for the simul/tag mode lifebars.

The next step will be doing the same for turns mode

Phant0mD and Dripsugeki like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have successfully added the base template/coding for the TURNS MODE HP meter.

As you can see, everything is working correctly with the hp/dmg X range.
There are also some obvious things shown here in the test that indicate how the portrait system for turns mode will need to be changed since the add004 score system overlaps the default turns mode portrait system, so this is a good planning test for when we get to designing the portrait system and how the turns mode bar aesthetics will need to be modified to accomodate the updated HD turns mode portrait system.

The next step will be calculating/planning the POWERBAR meter system

Phant0mD and Dripsugeki like this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

oooh interesting, i see u boys be labbing it out.
Hella keen to see how this turns out. I'm back for the 2024 in the temple too mixin up tha ancient potions

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

http://www.negative-edge.net

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Phant0mD wrote:oooh interesting, i see u boys be labbing it out.
Hella keen to see how this turns out. I'm back for the 2024 in the temple too mixin up tha ancient potions

Thank you and welcome back study
I think the end product is going to be both surprising, innovative and also something unique unlike any other lifebar system yet seen in mugen.
BCR looks ever amazing as always. Keeps me motivated also to keep on pushing boundaries study

Progress update:

I am currently calculating X range values and positioning info/offsets for the Powerbar Meter and planning the Base HD vector placeholder for the final animated Power meter charge.

The next step will be adding the placeholder gfx into the fightfx.sff and fight .def and testing it functions correctly with the base coding

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 2GPpdMR
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:
Phant0mD wrote:oooh interesting, i see u boys be labbing it out.

Thank you and welcome back study
I think the end product is going to be both surprising, innovative and also something unique unlike any other lifebar system yet seen in mugen.
BCR looks ever amazing as always. Keeps me motivated also to keep on pushing boundaries study

Progress update:

I am currently calculating X range values and positioning info/offsets for the Powerbar Meter and planning the Base HD vector placeholder for the final animated Power meter charge.

The next step will be adding the placeholder gfx into the fightfx.sff and fight .def and testing it functions correctly with the base coding

Even the edges on the placeholders look super clean. Yeah, this is gonna be fire.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have further tweaked and repositioned the powerbar meter placement holder as the previous positioning was not matching up with how the original bars were placed.

I have added a slight offset to it so it will be compatible with the simul mode bars and make use of the center gap also

I have completed coding based on the new values

The next step will be creating the division effect between the powerbars to emulate a level 3 charge

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have successfully added the base placeholder meter for the powerbar

Now that this is complete, I need to do some fine pixel tuning on the range to create
the "3 charges" illusion similar to the original version by separating the meter into
equal placeholder portions.

the importance of this is so that the animation/colors of all three parts can be controlled separately
once we start adding all the animation and styles etc

Dripsugeki

Dripsugeki

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:Progress update:

I have successfully added the base placeholder meter for the powerbar

Now that this is complete, I need to do some fine pixel tuning on the range to create
the "3 charges" illusion similar to the original version by separating the meter into
equal placeholder portions.

the importance of this is so that the animation/colors of all three parts can be controlled separately
once we start adding all the animation and styles etc

I think that's what I'm the most excited to so see so far, cause that is something I wanted at base but wasn't sure how to implement correctly.

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have finished creating and calculating the updated separated meter charge placeholder sprites

next step is same as previous, rinse and repeat and update with the gaps added into the .sff and readjust the x range values and then it should be done
and ready for the animation step

Phant0mD likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress update:

I have successfully added the 3 phase meter bar updated placeholder into the fight/def/sff system:

As you can see it is pixel perfect to the frame for each level charge and ready for animation/style application.
The next step will be creating the timer frame placeholder graphics

Phant0mD and creativeprecursor like this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

I like what i'm seeing here so far fam, I got my eye on y'all Cheesin

http://www.negative-edge.net

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

PROGRESS UPDATE:

Currently working on the design layers for the citric HP meter animation.
Will be using a base layer somewhat in this design before adding extrusion/other orange tint and overlayed elements

The next step will be adding the top layer to the hp meter to compound the effect

creativeprecursor likes this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have added the top meter layer for the HP meter

Keeping with the original theme/orange citrus color scheme but adding a slightly more slick/futuristic element.
The next step will be creating the animation frames and importing/coding the HP meter

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have successfully imported/coded the animation frames for the P1/P2 HP meter

The next step will be creating the Tag/Simul Mode P3 P4 HP Meter Bar Variants

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Survivor (Platinum)

Progress Update:

I have created the base fram animation sequence for Player 3 and Player 4 Simul/Tag mode Hp meters
The point here was to create a visual subtle variant to the P1/P2 bars that does not stand out too much but at the same time adds some visual flare
so the HUD is not too repetitive.

The next step will be to create the top layer for the P3/P4 HP meter and combine it with animation same as the P1 P2 HP

creativeprecursor likes this post

creativeprecursor

creativeprecursor

[COMPLETE] ''CODENAME: CITRIX PLUS'' Custom Lifebar HD Upgrade/Remake + Custom Add004 Integration modifications for Dripsugeki 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Lord Of War (Gold)
Survivor (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

I love the style.

✴Ex-Sirius✴ and Shadic12 like this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum