Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

【WIP】CKOFM Zero Edit: Granheid, the Thunder Bearer

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

oscarlin814

【WIP】CKOFM Zero Edit: Granheid, the Thunder Bearer 2GPpdMR
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

It's quite hard to attempt to imitate CKOFM style, and those who have tried would already know this is quite difficult. However, I have been working quite diligently in my attempts, and HELL actually said I show promise and is waiting on a more complete update. Problem is, I'm still a learning author. I'm straining my brain trying to code some of the moves.

【【KOF MUGEN】这才是"我"模仿CKOFM风格的效果!格兰海德演示!】 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is quite an older video. Since then I've made some progress (but not a lot).

I hope my brain survives this coding...

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

【WIP】CKOFM Zero Edit: Granheid, the Thunder Bearer 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

What is ckofm style?
I like lots of kof characters but the problem is often they break in normal mugen because the kof people all use a screenpack that has codes that the characters need to work properly.
I wish many of those cool characters worked in all mugens

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

oscarlin814

【WIP】CKOFM Zero Edit: Granheid, the Thunder Bearer 2GPpdMR
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

-Metal SK- wrote:What is ckofm style?
I like lots of kof characters but the problem is often they break in normal mugen because the kof people all use a screenpack that has codes that the characters need to work properly.
I wish many of those cool characters worked in all mugens

There's quite a few finicky rules to "CKOFM Style", but the most notable ones are:

- All low-resolution effects
- Only 1.0 coding
- Signature CKOFM traits (Finisher, author and version text on intro, etc.)

As for KOF characters breaking, there's really only two things I could imagine it being:

- Missing common1.cns in your screen-pack: Easy fix, just take common1.cns from literally anywhere and paste it into the data folder in your MUGEN folder. Better option would be to paste it into the character's folder itself.
- var(46), the variable used in KOFM to make Chizuru's move sealing mechanic work. This var, when enabled, causes the blue flashing you see in KOFM characters and prevents them from using any specials. This trick is achieved through a combination of palfx under statedef -2 and certain triggers under commands in the CMD file. To prevent this from happening, you quite literally just delete anything involving var(46) in characters that has this mechanic.

Any other bugs is usually easy to fix. A super common one is the infinite clones glitch, which is just due to some common1.cns having "crater and fragments" when a character falls from high up, and the character lacking those animations, which causes the helpers to just use animation 0 (idle animation).

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum