Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members

Maybe I'm overthinking this, but maybe I'm not...I'll let you guys be the judge.
So I was randomly scrolling through Youtube & I stumbled across a video advertising a Mugen forum that seems almost like a blatant copy of Newagemugen...
I'm not going to add the link to avoid any drama, but you can find it easily enough by googling it, and some of you may already know about it anyway.
Lets just say that it specializes in JUS mugen characters.
Anyway back to the point, the style of the website and the presentation, and even the colors they use seem awfully like a copy of Newagemugen.
I also noticed some of the people showcasing it and promoting it are members who used to be associated with Newagemugen but not anymore it seems because I was nosey and saw those members are either retired or don't log on here anymore.
So I guess what I'm asking is A.Does anyone else feel the same vibe I do looking at this community forum or is it just coincidence? and B. Are the people running it still associated with Newagemugen or not? I'd like to hear your thoughts^^

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Found it. And yes, the site was obviously created by a former Newage forum member. They anonced the opening of the site at Mugenguild,  actually. As far as being a copycat goes, I can see your point of view. But it mostly cuz Newage uses a common format that I've seen on a lot of sites. Although you can't deny the similarities, it's mostly due to the fact that these sites are created from similar if not the same template.

However, there is the issue surrounding how this former member left. That would definitely make you think there may may be more to the similarities than just coincidence...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:
A.Does anyone else feel the same vibe I do looking at this community forum or is it just coincidence?

As @Vegaz_Parelli has pointed out:

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:it's mostly due to the fact that these sites are created from similar if not the same template.

To be more specific, it is not the template, but the message-board (forum) webformat that is the same.
That message-board uses a free base version of forumotion for web hosting. We use a variant of Forumotion (paid Pro/VIP subscription version) among other things for this website.

That however does not account for presentation similarities because web templates need to be manually configured.
I can't offer any explanation beyond that.
All in all I don't really see any issue per say.

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:
B. Are the people running it still associated with Newagemugen or not? I'd like to hear your thoughts^^

From what I understand, that community is managed by 2 people.
One, a retired Newagemugen member.
The other until today, I was under the impression is an active cinema network member.
Active members of any of our promotional services do have obligations in exchange for the benefits offered, and we also have an obligation to make things fair for all members working hard to be nominated for promotion. hence it does raise some questions. thanks for pointing this out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Lol its very obvious which site you mean but irrelevant lol.
After all, They say imitation is the biggest for of flattery right ole!
The way I look at it is, we should actually be greatful there are more Mugen forums that are new and still active because after discord popped on the scene around 2015, it really raped forum culture big time, and its only since covid that it really rejuvinated.
Hell, We have had more visitors this year than any of the previous 12 years since leaving proforums/ca so thats a big sign of ressurgance. I say let don't worry about what other ppl are doing because there's enough real estate to go around and its all free lol. Just make sure its not your head where the landlord is charging free rent lmao.

So I think I found a copycat Newagemugen website... 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum