Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen?

+10
Crosstag Enjoyer
JJ Darko
AcidUnleashed
Beanie
Oxocube
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
Filthy Fredo
SuperWhiskey
✴Ex-Sirius✴
Constantinius3rd
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Constantinius3rd

Constantinius3rd

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 29270914107_0496322bcc_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Hype Beast (Silver)
Recieved 30 or more likes from other Members
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics

Ok so here's an interesting topic to discuss that I am very curious to hear from other people about.
So Mugen is over 20 years old, and there is no doubt it has always been a large part of many of our lives.
In all the years you have spent playing mugen and interacting with other fans or reading blogs and posts, have you learned any important lessons or gained some knowledge that has helped you in other areas of life? Or has Mugen helped you understand anything interesting about this world or dealing with work, people and stuff? Lets talk about it!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? CPi7Pvr

Filthy Fredo, xXEnchanter.ZuXx and ✴Ex-Sirius✴ like this post

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Patience, the importance of paying Attention to detail, and not rushing things unnecessarily.
It definitely has taught me the importance of these three things.
As cliché as this sounds, "Rome wasn't built in a day". Good things take time and extra effort always pays off in the long run. I would say I learned many of these things from creating mugen content

xXEnchanter.ZuXx likes this post

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

That you shouldnt obsess over things or center your life around only one thing.
I learned that after quitting mugen for almost 10 years and seeing the people i know still doing it.
Outside of Mugen, this community has a bad reputation for being trolls and weirdoes even in the FGC.
There are some really obsessed people that spend hours every day on mugen.
Hell, even some peoples entire social life online is purely mugen im sure.
Don't waste all your life staring into a 2d screen at rearranged pixels and images when there really is 1000 better things to be doing. It will only make you become more weird and obsessed without realizing it.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? FXzcO3r

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

That is a good question actually suspicious
If I think about it, I learned that if you have some special skill or some talent from other things that isnt mugen, you can use it to apply it to mugen and make even better achievement with it. Mugen I was not really making creation for it in beginning, but I was involver in some architecture drawing and artwork community before mugen and my school, so I just apply it to mugen and it has some good success so far.

SuperWhiskey wrote:
There are some really obsessed people that spend hours every day on mugen.
Hell, even some peoples entire social life online is purely mugen im sure.
Don't waste all your life staring into a 2d screen at rearranged pixels and images when there really is 1000 better things to be doing. It will only make you become more weird and obsessed without realizing it.

This is very true actually. I have some strange experience where some user become madmen online over mugen things. i never understood it but i also dont really worry about it. I think mugen is the type of activity, that time, can be used infinitely so it has this addict problem if you do not stay away sometimes. I have some big break sometimes. Like now I am not doing any mugen things most the year because i am satisfied what i already did for now, but i will always do some more and finish older things i didnt release

The Cosmic frog will get you!
Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff Here

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

hmmmmm that's a tricky one amigos.
I think I learned that there are so many great and talented people in the world, and also that everyone has an interesting story to tell!
I learned this when i was researching old creators to write editorials.
Mugentaught me to appreciate creativity i suppose, and the simple fun and joy of creating something without expecting anything in return but the fun of doing it

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? P21sO8E

Oxocube

Oxocube

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

One thing I think I can say I learned after many years observing mugen, is that the imagination is a powerful thing, and if you can imagine it, the only thing stopping it from becoming a reality, is you!

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? WEOuZsG

Beanie

Beanie

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? Ya01log
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

An important life lesson learned from mugen, was to spam genocide cutter.

AcidUnleashed

AcidUnleashed

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 2GPpdMR
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Bronze)
Survived 1 Inactive Account Auto-Purge

Cant please everyone and some people will take credit for your work and then have you banished claiming your taking credit for their work other than that there will always be drama always avoid it or rise above it!

Yes you see the smile but don't be alarmed
I only smile when I am around friends!

JJ Darko likes this post

JJ Darko

JJ Darko

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

AcidUnleashed wrote:Cant please everyone and some people will take credit for your work and then have you banished claiming your taking credit for their work other than that there will always be drama always avoid it or rise above it!

true bro.
One lesson mugen taught me is that you cant rely on other people all the time for answers, if you want something you should go and figure it out on your own rather than wait for somebody else to do it for you

Crosstag Enjoyer

Crosstag Enjoyer

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? Wcz4RWt
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Newsboy (Stone)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

What I learned was to take your time. I learned that just now while working on a character of my own lmao.

Vermilion Spy likes this post

chris

chris

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? Wcz4RWt
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

I am a MUGEN enthusiast in China. I once commissioned someone else to create a character for 4000 RMB, with a deposit of 2000 RMB in advance. Later, he kept asking me to pay him for various reasons, such as being short of money and having no money to eat. Then he scammed me into paying him all 4000 RMB. However, after a whole year, only four skills were produced, and the money was not returned to me, and they even had to borrow money from me. He only said he would pay me back when he got rich. When I realized he was a jerk, it was already too late. The character was not produced and lost 4000 RMB. The money I lost cannot be recovered at all

Vermilion Spy likes this post

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

chris wrote:I am a MUGEN enthusiast in China. I once commissioned someone else to create a character for 4000 RMB, with a deposit of 2000 RMB in advance. Later, he kept asking me to pay him for various reasons, such as being short of money and having no money to eat. Then he scammed me into paying him all 4000 RMB. However, after a whole year, only four skills were produced, and the money was not returned to me, and they even had to borrow money from me. He only said he would pay me back when he got rich. When I realized he was a jerk, it was already too late. The character was not produced and lost 4000 RMB. The money I lost cannot be recovered at all

That is a very sad story to hear.
Unfortunately, there are these kinds of non-proffessional creators in the mugen community.
You should be very careful with any activities in the mugen community that involve a monetary exchange.
Never send another person money in private that is not a proffessional or trusted creator.
My suggestion is to only use trusted websites and forums that are visible to the public and provide a safe way for paying and managing commission services.

Also, always ask to see the previous work of that creator and be certain he has a good reputation before decing to trust them with any mugen related work.
Newagemugen is a safe place for these types of commissions and we donot tolerate or allow any types of dishonest behaviors here. Thank you for telling your story

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

oscarlin814

Newsboy (Stone)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

I'll be honest, if there's one thing I learned, is that people can be really, REALLY unreasonable.

Recolors, spriteswaps, renames, copy and pasted moves, there's so many things that I consider stupid in MUGEN that other people just don't see the problem with.

Hell, I've had people attack me for defending authors who didn't like their characters being edited without permission. Like what?

But yeah, if I learned one thing, it's that not everyone is reasonable enough to talk to.

Elazul9000

Elazul9000

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Fanservice (Bronze)

oscarlin814 wrote:I'll be honest, if there's one thing I learned, is that people can be really, REALLY unreasonable.

Recolors, spriteswaps, renames, copy and pasted moves, there's so many things that I consider stupid in MUGEN that other people just don't see the problem with.

Hell, I've had people attack me for defending authors who didn't like their characters being edited without permission. Like what?

But yeah, if I learned one thing, it's that not everyone is reasonable enough to talk to.

When i was still very young and immature, I had this similar view.
But now as i look back as an older man with family and responsibilities i see that inwastwd lots of time focusing on these pointless things instead of just enjoying the surface level fun of mugen.

It is great to have community and personalities but it can ruin your passion if you are too focused on small details that will not matter in 20 years time when you are married with children and lots of bills and less time on the computer.

Mugen taught me to enjoy the simple things in this way and worry less about negative aspects

Have you learned any important Life lessons from Mugen? IuFetyD

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum