Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sprite sheet commissions?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sprites (Resources) Sprite sheet commissions? Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:38 pm

Darkassassin299

Sprite sheet commissions? GlDVwFc
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Was wondering if there was anyone who is doing commissions for sprite sheets in the JUS(or also called Jump Pocket?) art style.

For character: I was specifically wanted a full sprite sheet made of "Kiana Herrscher of the Void" from "Honkai Impact 3rd"
For price: Preferably under $100, $50 or less would be nice, not entirely sure how much sprites alone are priced. The guide mentions payment by hour but I'm not entirely sure how much the expected time for sprite work is.
No real time limit, fine with it as long as it's in an understandable amount of time
For detail: All sprites that would be needed, with the intended use of the sprites being used for a character that is used in the JUS format, and preferably having a character sprite and effect sprite for the things the character can do in the game
For MUGEN version: MUGEN 1.1
As for Screenshots and/or videos as visual aids/examples: Here is a video on the character:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The game is also free and there is a character trial option so you can get any other details from there if needed.

Last edited by Darkassassin299 on Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Sprites (Resources) Re: Sprite sheet commissions? Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:30 pm

NAMTron

NAMTron

Sprite sheet commissions? RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Hello

If you are requesting a specific creation, please make sure you have included all the required information in your request.
All required info here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once you have stated these details ie budget/timeframe/commission type etc, an interested /capable/available creator will respond to your inquiry.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3Sprites (Resources) Re: Sprite sheet commissions? Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:56 pm

Darkassassin299

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)

NAMTron wrote:Hello

If you are requesting a specific creation, please make sure you have included all the required information in your request.
All required info here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Once you have stated these details ie budget/timeframe/commission type etc, an interested /capable/available creator will respond to your inquiry.

Assuming I should just edit this one?

4Sprites (Resources) Re: Sprite sheet commissions? Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:12 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Sprite sheet commissions? 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Darkassassin299 wrote:Was wondering if there was anyone who is doing commissions for sprite sheets in the JUS(or also called Jump Pocket?) art style.

For character: I was specifically wanted a full sprite sheet made of "Kiana Herrscher of the Void" from "Honkai Impact 3rd"
For price: Preferably under $100, $50 or less would be nice, not entirely sure how much sprites alone are priced. The guide mentions payment by hour but I'm not entirely sure how much the expected time for sprite work is.

The cost of a sprite sheet is determined by the number of frame required, and the size/artstyle/pallete/complexity of each frame.
In the case of JUS, I think it is fair to say that indicates a lower total sprite count (maybe 200 frames max based on the average Mugen JUS char)
and a less complex art style which is small at the same time (compared to a KOF SF character)

However, I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but I find it highly unlikely that you will get a full sprite sheet made for under $100 USD.
Atleast from a North American/European sprite artist. As far as South East Asia and South America, I have heard its cheaper.

Unfortunately of all the commission types, spriting is indeed the most expensive by far.
But it will ultimately depend on how many sprites you require and the skill tier of the individual artist.
Even in the best case scenario, on average, An extremely fast/talented spriter can only make 1 basic character sprite per 10-15 minutes.
This means 4-6 sprites per hour depending on the complexity of the art style.

However in other cases, it can take 2 hours per frame (in the case of extremely detailed 2D models IE Arc Systems Works/Exhamu/Vanillaware style).
You can read more detailed information about the spriting process here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But in a short answer to your question, you will likely be paying upward of 300-500+ for something like that.
500 USD for a full char spritesheet is not unheard of and quite common.
Although of course don't let this hinder you as its always worth getting a 2nd 3rd opinion from even outside the mugen community, places such as deviant art and so fourth.
For example I have seen extremely low cost sprite sheets made before by Brazilian spriters like this artist here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] depending on whether this is the skill level/aesthetic you are going for

I hope this helps with your inquiry

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5Sprites (Resources) Re: Sprite sheet commissions? Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:28 am

Darkassassin299

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:
Darkassassin299 wrote:Was wondering if there was anyone who is doing commissions for sprite sheets in the JUS(or also called Jump Pocket?) art style.

The cost of a sprite sheet is determined by the number of frame required, and the size/artstyle/pallete/complexity of each frame.
In the case of JUS, I think it is fair to say that indicates a lower total sprite count (maybe 200 frames max based on the average Mugen JUS char)
and a less complex art style which is small at the same time (compared to a KOF SF character)

However, I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but I find it highly unlikely that you will get a full sprite sheet made for under $100 USD.
Atleast from a North American/European sprite artist. As far as South East Asia and South America, I have heard its cheaper.

Unfortunately of all the commission types, spriting is indeed the most expensive by far.
But it will ultimately depend on how many sprites you require and the skill tier of the individual artist.
Even in the best case scenario, on average, An extremely fast/talented spriter can only make 1 basic character sprite per 10-15 minutes.
This means 4-6 sprites per hour depending on the complexity of the art style.

However in other cases, it can take 2 hours per frame (in the case of extremely detailed 2D models IE Arc Systems Works/Exhamu/Vanillaware style).
You can read more detailed information about the spriting process here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But in a short answer to your question, you will likely be paying upward of 300-500+ for something like that.
500 USD for a full char spritesheet is not unheard of and quite common.
Although of course don't let this hinder you as its always worth getting a 2nd 3rd opinion from even outside the mugen community, places such as deviant art and so fourth.
For example I have seen extremely low cost sprite sheets made before by Brazilian spriters like this artist here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] depending on whether this is the skill level/aesthetic you are going for

I hope this helps with your inquiry

Oof, that's surpassing what I can afford... Helps quite a bit thank you for the information.

6Sprites (Resources) Re: Sprite sheet commissions? Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:52 am

NAMServerBot666@Noreply

NAMServerBot666@Noreply

Sprite sheet commissions? RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Taunting The Devil (Gold)
Newagemugen Member for Over 7 Years
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank

Topic archived to inactive section due to inactivity

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum