Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GIANT MUGEN [WIP]

+2
Balelynx
PowerfulJoe
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Full Game GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:26 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Ya01log
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Xxxlth10

This Mugen project is a simple idea with a VERY COMPLEX REALITY.  The characters are scaled up using the .def localcoord to an accurate scale based on the CVS2 sprite sizes.  Starting with Ryu's sprite from CVS2 assuming he is about 5'9 or 5'10.  I scaled up Kaiju, Giant Robots, Beasts, and Vehicles to accurately portray there real sizes. Stages are scaled up using xscale, and yscale in combination with localcoord.

I am considering the use of IKEMAN to make this more functional if possible.

I will require help to complete this as the project at best is about 20% completed.  I am still learning a lot about coding and I struggle with with mathematics so all the work I have done has really amounted to me playing with values till I least got something functional.

The major struggles of this project are as follows

MUGEN WAS NOT DESIGNED FOR THIS INSANITY!  But I want to do it anyways.

1. Mugen is really not designed to handle heavy work loads of course so if it hits a certain amount of usages the engine will crash. and with scaling things up we have to be aware of these limitations and try not to have giant file sizes for any of the stages or characters.

2. All Giant characters will have to have values adjusted! To get rid of screen shake or minimize it to such a way that your screen is not spazing out.  As well as adjusting Knockback values to prevent enemies from going out in to outer space.  Some of my characters also freeze up and I will definitely require someone with a sharp mind to evaluate if it's just a coding related problem.

3. There is no using regular Portraits when scaling things up giant because there portrait alone will take up most of the screen so we have to use fonts in place of standard 9000,0 9000,1 portraits  So the best solution I came up with is creating fonts for p1 and p2 sides.

4. Arcade mode will need to be set up in such a way as to limit the size of the characters according to there size class which connects directly to there stage size as well, I will list more details bellow.

WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE STILL?

1. Coding Fixes "My Knowledge is very limited but growing"
- Characters Freezing
- Screen Shake either way to intense needs to be toned down or eliminated.
- Knockback values either need toned down or eliminated.

2.  Additional FONTS including but not limited to  "All fonts need duplicate mirrored for p2 side."
- In Fight Victory Names
- Select Screen Character Names
- VS Screen Names
- Win Screen Dialog

3. Additional Stages "My Goal is 10 stages per size Class which I will list bellow"
-Stages must be geared for each characters size class to properly function for each size class

4. Arcade Mode Order select
-needs to be set up in such a way for each varied size class.

THE SIZE CLASSES
R- Regular
B- Big
L- Large
XL- Xtra Large
XXL- Xtra Xtra Large
XXXL- Xtra Xtra Xtra Large
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Sizeca10

To show you more clearly what this looks like here is a series of shots from the Giant Mugen project.

XXXL

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen012

For Comparison I have a shot of the same XXXL Scale next to a regular character
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen013

XXL "Still need stages scale appropriately for this class character"

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen014

IF YOUR INTERESTED IN HELPING I OPEN THIS PROJECT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE FOR ASSISTANCE!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J_gbCJugR7PGQXCN0ZsLMoENcs12gV2e/view?usp=sharing

More shots and information will be posted bellow

Last edited by PowerfulJoe on Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phant0mD likes this post

2Full Game Continuation of Size chart with pictures Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:32 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

XL size
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen016

XL compared to R size
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen015

L size
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen017

L size video compared to R sized character

Next size continued in post bellow

3Full Game Size Demonstration continued Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:36 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

B size Characters compared to R sized Ryu
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen018

Also lastly R Metal slug characters scaled up but still category R

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen019

This is current Roster
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Mugen020

HOW I CHOSE TO SCALE CHARACTERS
XXXL= Kaiju Based on 90's Godzilla run where Godzilla is 100 meters tall, I also chose to scale the Ultraman character for more matchups
XXL= Power Rangers Canon Information which seemed to vary wildly.
XL= Gundam Canon information which seemed to be pretty uniform.
L= Cyberbots  I used the Jin Satome's Blodia Arm sprite scaled down to CVS2 sprite ratio
B = Primal Rage I tried my best to scale these characters based on the human friends compared to CVS2 Ryu.
R= Mostly Metal slug I used Metal Slug Tank from Marco SVChaos and matched the size the best I could despite the stylistic differences presented.

So that covers all the sizes if you have any questions or comments, or even intrested in becoming involved please let me know with a post or PM.

Thank you to anyone who took the time to read through this post.

4Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:41 pm

Balelynx

Balelynx

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

How much are you thinking of spending on this?

5Full Game Did I completely misplace this? Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:58 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

Balelynx wrote:How much are you thinking of spending on this?

Unless I completely put this in the wrong section, the objective was to gauge interest in the community not pay someone for this.  I have commissioned people on this forum to do things however This was the only place that listed "Full game projects" But beyond that this is a pretty massive project and I am not a millionaire, there are parts of this project I still intended on working on my self but the scope of this is way too big for me to devote all of my time to.

6Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:53 pm

NAMTron

NAMTron

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Topics involving Commission requests and paid/professional services are posted here:
https://www.newagemugen.com/f82-active-commission-requests-projects

Personal project showcases that donot include/require any external assistance, or requests for non-paid services can also be posted here:
https://www.newagemugen.com/f82-active-commission-requests-projects

For Topics involving non-paid help/general help/feedback requests, you can post them here:
https://www.newagemugen.com/f13-free-mugen-help-non-paid-help-requests

Assuming you require the latter, moving post to non-paid help section.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 37790345872_ebfeb58d10_o

7Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:56 am

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

sorry if I sound kind of n00by but I have a question after reading about your project^^
It sounds interesting, but I didn't really understand the scale thingee you were talking about very well?

I know about localcoord because i use it with my widescreen mugen screepack so the characters dont look too zoomed in but not the scale things in your game or what they do?

8Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:34 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

ayyyyyyyyye congrats on postin ya wip brotha! Cheesin Cheesin
good luck with tha madne$$ lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o

PowerfulJoe likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

9Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:26 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:sorry if I sound kind of n00by but I have a question after reading about your project^^
It sounds interesting, but I didn't really understand the scale thingee you were talking about very well?

I know about localcoord because i use it with my widescreen mugen screepack so the characters dont look too zoomed in but not the scale things in your game or what they do?

Okay so let me be clear my understanding of coding and how coding works is very limited.  But everything I accomplished was by playing with these values to get the desired result.  This answer is compiled of a variety of posts from another mugen topic about localcoord so I hope this helps you understand.

Localcoord is mostly used to resize characters without having to mess with there normal X & Y scale.
Mugen scaling is width based so the actual distance is mostly accurate to the regular games if you use the nearest local coord possible.  Mugen scaling function doesn't work how you think if your wanting to shrink the characters. You actually have to shrink the character by making the width of the localcoord a larger number. For example I make a low res character that is normally 320,240 but looks large in a 720P Mugen, to a localcoord of 427,240. By making the width larger it shrinks to character to look normal size again without losing any definition.

If it's necessary and people want to help me with this project and need me to make a tutorial about resizing characters and stages in the manner I did it, then I am willing to do that.

10Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:54 pm

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

Phant0mD wrote:ayyyyyyyyye congrats on postin ya wip brotha! Cheesin  Cheesin
good luck with tha madne$$ lol

Thank you sir!

11Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:29 pm

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Haha i think i get it.
So you resize your chars based on human vs king kong like sizes in the movies.
Interesting lol.
Its a shame that despite all that work, the sprites will still all.look the same because its the same.low res resources in use.despite changing xy scales...
Its hard to find free help for.personal.projects (in my.personal exp) but GL all the same.

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] KwiHzMC

PowerfulJoe likes this post

12Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:20 am

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

CancerManXIII wrote:Haha i think i get it.
So you resize your chars based on human vs king kong like sizes in the movies.
Interesting lol.
Its a shame that despite all that work, the sprites will still all.look the same because its the same.low res resources in use.despite changing xy scales...
Its hard to find free help for.personal.projects (in my.personal exp) but GL all the same.

I appreciate all the luck I can get.

13Full Game Very Rough Draft of Select Format Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:22 am

PowerfulJoe

PowerfulJoe

★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Survivor (Gold)

This picture gives you a very rough idea of how I am going to set up the select screen.
GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Roughd10

14Full Game Re: GIANT MUGEN [WIP] Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:45 am

Balelynx

Balelynx

GIANT MUGEN [WIP] 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

PowerfulJoe wrote:
Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:sorry if I sound kind of n00by but I have a question after reading about your project^^

Okay so let me be clear my understanding of coding and how coding works is very limited.  But everything I accomplished was by playing with these values to get the desired result.  This answer is compiled of a variety of posts from another mugen topic about localcoord so I hope this helps you understand.

Localcoord is mostly used to resize characters without having to mess with there normal X & Y scale.
Mugen scaling is width based so the actual distance is mostly accurate to the regular games if you use the nearest local coord possible.  Mugen scaling function doesn't work how you think if your wanting to shrink the characters. You actually have to shrink the character by making the width of the localcoord a larger number. For example I make a low res character that is normally 320,240 but looks large in a 720P Mugen, to a localcoord of 427,240. By making the width larger it shrinks to character to look normal size again without losing any definition.

If it's necessary and people want to help me with this project and need me to make a tutorial about resizing characters and stages in the manner I did it, then I am willing to do that.

my five cents is to be careful how you use localcoord.
it is not meant to be used for scaling characters to get a desired size/scale persay.
it has the priomary use of adjusting the on screen aspect ration of characters depending on your local coordiantes which are only every going to be 4:3 or 16:9 99% of the time in mugen.
So in other words all characters in a compilation should have the same localcoord relative to the game aspect ration and resolution.
like 320,240 for 640x480 and 427,240 for 1280x720.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum