Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts" 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Of course, this isn't a huge issue, just a tad bit of an annoyance. Is there any way y'all can remove topics from appearing under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when you aren't following them?

It seems rather odd that the moment you reply to anything at all, it not only appears as part of "your" posts, but even if you unfollow the thread itself, its stuck there, and hogging up space where posts that you've actually created are. Seems like it should not even be in that section to be truthful, because it doesn't fall in the same logic as creating your own post and then having others reply to it, whereas it in itself is a reply.

I dunno, maybe its just me, but its just weird to be scrolling a list of my "egosearch" or whatever, and seeing posts from random people that, even when I unfollowed/unwatched them, are still there. It just seems a tad bit inconvenient, especially if you are actively updating your current threads (in case they are of a creator and that creator is updating their stuff).

This is kind of why I don't respond to anyone's threads, takes away from actively maintaining my own when it starts to clutter up with everything else.

Otherwise, no real complaints or concerns about this site, its fantastic.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All that matters anymore in my life... are cats... and MUGEN.
https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/22726-jo19sh92/

NAMTron

NAMTron

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts" RjBqV68
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Hello jo19sh92
If I am honest, I'm not 100% sure at all where or how that particular forum module appears or where it is exactly.
I am looking at my screen logged in as a regular user account to see if I can see anything visually an issue but I cant see anything at all.
Would you be able to provide some screenshots of what you see when logged on to the forum and also a screenshot of the place/menu screen where this particular issue is?
If you can do that it will help us determine the issue/what is actually causing the problem

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts" 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

NAMTron wrote:Hello jo19sh92
If I am honest, I'm not 100% sure at all where or how that particular forum module appears or where it is exactly.
I am looking at my screen logged in as a regular user account to see if I can see anything visually an issue but I cant see anything at all.
Would you be able to provide some screenshots of what you see when logged on to the forum and also a screenshot of the place/menu screen where this particular issue is?
If you can do that it will help us determine the issue/what is actually causing the problem

As you can see by these three images, there are a bunch of posts that I am no longer following, but despite unfollowing them, they still remain in my "view your posts" section. Why?

How do I make it so I can only see the threads that I CREATED, not every thread I have responded to? Why are there still under "view your posts" if I am no longer even watching the thread? It seems very inconvenient to keep them there, if I'm not even concerned or even paying attention to that thread anymore at all.

I can understand if I have the thread as being watched still, but if I am not watching it, then the thread itself should not appear in the "view your posts" section (https://www.newagemugen.com/search?search_id=egosearch).

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts" 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

interesting. Here's my 5 cents on this:
In all the years I've moderated this forum I never actually have used those modules let alone knew they existed myself personally, but that's just me.
It would be interesting to know how many others use that function/have a consensus on it.
Sidenote: the best way to check your created topics is via your profile page.
That's how I would assume it is done traditionally since thats quite a universal module on most message board based forums. Just click "Find all topics started by" under the "posts" section and it does what your asking for

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:interesting. Here's my 5 cents on this:
In all the years I've moderated this forum I never actually have used those modules let alone knew they existed myself personally, but that's just me.
It would be interesting to know how many others use that function/have a consensus on it.
That's how I would assume it is done traditionally since thats quite a universal module on most message board based forums. Just click "Find all topics started by" under the "posts" section and it does what your asking for

Fun fact... the "find all topics started by" and "posts" thing, does the exact same thing as "view your posts", which once again, shows all the posts I have replied to, and NOT just the threads that I have created. Is there any way to make it so that when I unfollow a thread that I have replied to, that it no longer appears in the list?

Cause that is what my issue is. The more threads I reply to, the more they'll clog up that section, and all the threads I created, will eventually get crammed into the back. So how do I go about accessing just MY threads, and not every thread I have responded to?

Is there no way to change the settings so that things I unfollow/unwatch no longer appear in the list of topics that I have posted it?

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Removing unfollowed topics from being listed under "your posts" 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

jo19sh92 wrote:

Fun fact... the "find all topics started by" and "posts" thing, does the exact same thing as "view your posts", which once again, shows all the posts I have replied to, and NOT just the threads that I have created. Is there any way to make it so that when I unfollow a thread that I have replied to, that it no longer appears in the list?

Cause that is what my issue is. The more threads I reply to, the more they'll clog up that section, and all the threads I created, will eventually get crammed into the back. So how do I go about accessing just MY threads, and not every thread I have responded to?

Is there no way to change the settings so that things I unfollow/unwatch no longer appear in the list of topics that I have posted it?

That's unusual. And the first i've heard of this.
When I click on my personal "find all topics started by", it only shows me the topics I have specifically created.
Example:

I can't think of a logical reason why your account would be any different from mine in this regard as I believe this is a hardcoded function of our forum service provider and not a custom feature.
I would be interested to hear from some other members on this too and see if there is a bug of some sort.
Could you post a video/screenshot of you clicking on the "Find all topics started by" text on your profile page and show the non-user created topics that appear so we can visually see the error in action.
That way it can be queried with the service provider. Unfortunately I dont have the bug appearing on my account so I will need visuals to raise a case for it.
Incase there is a user error a video using bandicam or a screen recorder is ideal so we can confirm it isn't a user error on your end also

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:
jo19sh92 wrote:

That's unusual. And the first i've heard of this.
When I click on my personal "find all topics started by", it only shows me the topics I have specifically created.
Example:

I can't think of a logical reason why your account would be any different from mine in this regard as I believe this is a hardcoded function of our forum service provider and not a custom feature.
I would be interested to hear from some other members on this too and see if there is a bug of some sort.
Could you post a video/screenshot of you clicking on the "Find all topics started by" text on your profile page and show the non-user created topics that appear so we can visually see the error in action.
That way it can be queried with the service provider. Unfortunately I dont have the bug appearing on my account so I will need visuals to raise a case for it.
Incase there is a user error a video using bandicam or a screen recorder is ideal so we can confirm it isn't a user error on your end also

So in this, you can see, when I click on both "view your posts" and "view topics created by you" it lists the exact same page for both, showing topics I have created and have replied to. Hopefully this can be resolved, that way I don't have to see topics that I am no longer interested in clogging up post check.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

??

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

??

Just open it on YouTube

UPDATE: I fixed the embedding issue, try now. If it still doesn't show up, that is cause I have it as UNLISTED.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

My question is why do you keep clicking on only the 2nd and third option when its topics created by you that you want to filter.
Can you re-film the video but click the correct option one (all posts started by). Not option 2 and 3 (-posts/-topics)

Are you sure its not just that you are using the wrong button?
Go back and click option 1 - "Find all topics started by xxx"

This is what I see even when i do it on your profile.
So i'm still confused on the issue [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Ah okay. didn't notice that the first part was a link, since it had : at the end of it.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

No problem. I assume this solves your issue.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum