Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Cancelled Commission request]How much the cost to make custom sprite for my OC?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

kemkem9292

[Cancelled Commission request]How much the cost to make custom sprite for my OC? SPOGNVp
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

First of all, I'm sorry if this the wrong section. Just now I created account on this website to ask question about custom sprite.
I want to know how much it cost to make a custom sprite? I have found an Adelheid edit that have moves that resemble my OC.
I can draw the potrait for mugen. But I don't know how to make the sprite.

So, if I want to commission someone to make the sprite and put it on the Adelheid character (I will give the char file), how much it will cost?
Just the character sprite. The custom sprite will not have much different clothes than the original Adelheid.

These are the changes from the original Adelheid:
- change skin color
- black hair color
- dark brown eye
- not lipstick
- tight arm sleeve (recolor skin arm to black resemble his torso)
- remove the two vertical belt thing from his shoulder across his torso
- remove the ear accesories
- all black outfit
- all the gold part turn to silver
- zip line middle of torse
- remove permanent aura (this is from the Adelheid edit that I'm using)

semple as below
Left : The Adel char version that i'm using
Right : My attempt to do my OC

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm wondering how much it cost to make this.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[Cancelled Commission request]How much the cost to make custom sprite for my OC? 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

kemkem9292 wrote:
- change skin color (1 hour)
- black hair color (1 hour)
- dark brown eye (1 hour)
- not lipstick (1 hour)
- tight arm sleeve (recolor skin arm to black resemble his torso) (hard to say - will depend on color separation but minimum 1 hour)
- remove the two vertical belt thing from his shoulder across his torso (will depend on color separation, maybe 1-2 hours depending on sprite count)
- remove the ear accesories (maybe 8 hours work depending on sprite count total)
- all black outfit (1 hour)
- all the gold part turn to silver (1 hour maybe)
- zip line middle of torse (8 hours or more depending on sprite count)
- remove permanent aura (this is from the Adelheid edit that I'm using) (Maybe an hour max)

I mean all up and realistically you could be looking at atleast 26 hours MINIMUM work - most of this can be edited via pal manipulation and color separation but the earring and zipper stuff etc is manual sprite editing so they can be even more depending on the total number of frames that require editing.

Assuming you read our price guide here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the going rate is $18 USD/hr so it could cost you $468 USD ATLEAST.
My advice before even considering something this large for just a small character edit would be to shop around on other art forums and sprite forums first to get a few different prices first before committing.

Some of the smaller things we could do for you minus the big jobs of the earring and the zip line on torso, which would take 16 hours off taking it down to a 10 hour job but then again your still looking at atleast 180 bucks USD worth of recoloring work.

I would definitely think about this one if i were you before committing to it lol its alot to spend on just an edit of an existing char

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kemkem9292 likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

kemkem9292

[Cancelled Commission request]How much the cost to make custom sprite for my OC? SPOGNVp
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Alright. The price is quite high. Thanks for replying.

I think I can do it myself. Just after I posted the question yesterday, I went to search for tutorial and guide to make custom sprite
from existing sprite. I already started. On 50 frames now:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I left the white hair because suddenly it looks cool for me. lol

Thanks again!

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[Cancelled Commission request]How much the cost to make custom sprite for my OC? 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

That's awesome man and thats the spirit!
As the saying always goes, always think twice about paying someone else to do something you can easily do yourself with the right research.
Glad you solved your issue

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://www.negative-edge.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum