Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection

+3
Phant0mD
CancerManXIII
jo19sh92
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

11.0/older characters The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:33 pm

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection YetmhdU

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Eri_22The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Walk_machineThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection OhumeinThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection DicokkaThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection KarnIdle
The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Ball-Slug-MKII-MSA-MoveThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection SluggunnerprototypeThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection KeesiThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection AllenlaughThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection DaimanjiThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection JupiterKingIdleThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection SolThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Metal_CrowThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Gunner_Unit_idleThe Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Intro-Rebelle-2

(from the Wiki)
Metal Slug (メタルスラッグ) is a series of run and gun video games first released on Neo Geo arcade machines and game consoles originally created by Nazca and later by SNK. It has also been ported to various consoles, including the Playstation 2, Gameboy Advance, mobile devices, and more.

Metal Slug takes most of its inspiration from (if not basically copied the entire game of) Gunforce: Battle Fire Engulfed Terror Island and Gunforce II, with a few creations for vehicles and such from games such as R-Type.

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Gunforce2-049
As seen here in Gunforce II, very clearly the inspiration for the Slugnoid (on the right) from Metal Slug.

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection NEOGEO_Metal_Slug_2_%28Metal_Slug_2_-_Super_Vehicle-001-II%29
And of course, from Metal Slug II, the final boss fight, one of the greatest things to ever exist. As you can see between these two screenshots, much of the similarities pass over.

Overall, this series of games is insanely popular, as it has spawned countless variations, mobile games, PC games, fan-games, and so on. However, in the MUGEN community, more specifically, the Japanese and Chinese creators of these characters (and stages), a specific site ended up causing a bunch of these creators to completely stop creating Metal Slug characters or to begin GATEKEEPING and/or PRIVATE sharing these characters amongst a very small selection of people.

So sadly, there will ALWAYS be stuff missing from this collection, as I have no way of accessing any of these PRIVATE storages, and I doubt myself, or anyone else that isn't already part of it, ever will. With that said though, I did my best to try and collect as much content from this community as I could over the years (as I am a huge fan of Metal Slug, in fact, I would say... Metal Slug is the best game series ever made), and did my best to archive as many characters as possibly could.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are some of the top creators for Metal Slug characters and/or content, but unfortunately, most of them either no longer make MUGEN content at all or no longer make content that is available to the public.

And you may also be aware, I do not have stages saved in with my collection, and to be honest... I don't care much for stages. At some point I might start collecting them, but for now, you will have to resort to checking these different YouTube accounts and such for the stages.

Also, if anyone happens to have characters that were at one point released by 吳承曇/q2951415 (but are no longer available to the public), I would greatly appreciate you sharing them with me (if I don't already have them in my collection).

Additionally, if you happen to have "Shoe" and "Hozmi" by NSX2015, I would EXTREMELY appreciate that, as when I talked to NSX2015, they have informed me that they lost all of their characters when they deleted their 4shared and mediafire accounts some time ago. I guess they didn't bother to back anything up, so its a good thing that I managed to archive almost all of their stuff, but unfortunately, their "Shoe" (its a tank) and their "Hozmi" (its an enemy submarine boss thing) both seem to be missing entirely and don't even exist on that one site.

Last edited by jo19sh92 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:53 am; edited 18 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated the link)

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
All that matters anymore in my life... are cats... and MUGEN.

GRAYFOX and DarkZemX like this post

https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/22726-jo19sh92/

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Dude this is badass!
An awrsome collection dude, im a massive metal slug fan.
Its about time somebody created a mega thread like this.
When I get home later im going to have to blow the crumbs and lint off my old western digital External HDD and see if i have the missing pieces mentioned.

Bless you for this bro!
Also welcome btw lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection KwiHzMC

jo19sh92 likes this post

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

CancerManXIII wrote:Dude this is badass!
An awrsome collection dude, im a massive metal slug fan.
Its about time somebody created a mega thread like this.
When I get home later im going to have to blow the crumbs and lint off my old western digital External HDD and see if i have the missing pieces mentioned.

Bless you for this bro!
Also welcome btw lol

Wow, not the response I expected. I figured it was gonna be like "your thread is crap, you're crap, leave" or "we deleted your thread because it is awful".

So yeah uhh... wow, thanks. But yeah, I'm a bit of a fanboy of the Metal Slug games and when I found out that Metal Slug existed for MUGEN, I tried to grab as much stuff as I could, but of course, a bunch of stuff either disappeared entirely or was locked behind a certain site.

Over time, a few people helped me grow this collection, but for the most part, this was just me digging through hundreds of YouTube videos, websites, and so on, trying to ensure I have everything I could possibly find.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of things missing, especially since now, well... almost everyone that makes Metal Slug content, is now gatekeeping it, so while they will continue to make videos showing the stuff they make, they no longer share any of it with anyone (or with a very very very very very small tightknit community). Unfortunately, a certain site ruined it for everybody, and began the whole gatekeeping fiasco. -_- Its frustrating, but ya know... what is done is done. All I can hope for now, is that other people, can help me grow this collection, especially with the characters I don't have.

So far, obviously... Hozmi and Shoe (by NSX2015), and of course, stuff from the people I mentioned before. Cause it seems, at one point, a bunch of it was available to the public, but then after their stuff appeared on that one site, they locked down EVERYTHING and were like "nope, I'm done. none of this is available anymore."

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

jo19sh92 wrote:Wow, not the response I expected. I figured it was gonna be like "your thread is crap, you're crap, leave" or "we deleted your thread because it is awful".

lol not at Newagemugen bro, we we aren't like those other forums lol. It's against our rules to be an dick here unlike other sites lol.
We just love mugen creation and havin a chilly old good old time.

We need more of these collection topics to be honest, its just something we never really got around to doing since all the other sites were already onto it, but I have heard that alot of the MFFA threads have been dying or theres alot of redundant/dead links now.
So by all means keep the good stuff comin!. Cheesin

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o

jo19sh92 likes this post

http://www.negative-edge.net

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Phant0mD wrote:
jo19sh92 wrote:Wow, not the response I expected. I figured it was gonna be like "your thread is crap, you're crap, leave" or "we deleted your thread because it is awful".

We need more of these collection topics to be honest, its just something we never really got around to doing since all the other sites were already onto it, but I have heard that alot of the MFFA threads have been dying or theres alot of redundant/dead links now.
So by all means keep the good stuff comin!. Cheesin

Yeah, I've been trying my best to revive and repair a bunch of dead links and content, but not going to lie, having to make a thread look a specific way, is a tad bit of a nuisance. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a nice looking thread, but having a specific set of rules on how a thread should be or look, is a bit frustrating. It takes away the character of the poster, and kind of pulls them all into this whole like "follow the rules" robotic kind of feeling, ya know?

Anywho... yeah, I'll try to share some more stuff here, I just need to sort though all my current stuff (I have about 1TB worth of characters, due to constantly download and re-downloading characters and full-games from different sites).

I'll try to keep them tidy.

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

jo19sh92 wrote:having to make a thread look a specific way, is a tad bit of a nuisance. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate a nice looking thread, but having a specific set of rules on how a thread should be or look, is a bit frustrating. It takes away the character of the poster, and kind of pulls them all into this whole like "follow the rules" robotic kind of feeling

That's perfectly understandable. We don't enforce any of that sort of thing here. We are simply grateful for anyone that chooses to contribute.
The Mods may tweak or spoiler/reformat certain things time to time for more streamline viewing etc, but ultimately its just common sense on making the post format practical and streamline more than anything else.
What you have added seems fine anyway.
We do have a posting guide template since some of the members here that contribute find it easy

But considering that you are already familiar with creating collection threads on MFFA, you probably wont need it anyway.
Thank you for the contributions to our forum its appreciated.

jo19sh92 likes this post

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Keep up the jolly good show. We need all this and more, to mix things up as always.

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

Oxocube and jo19sh92 like this post

Oxocube

Oxocube

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

Nice collection.
One suggestion would definitely be to have all the stages too.
Most of us here, unlike the other forums, are crazy about stages. Its sort of the niche. So if someone has all those its a definite must have.
Good work on the rest though

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection WEOuZsG

jo19sh92 likes this post

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Small update, added some more characters, more specifically, added P.M. Slug V2 (by HOUND).

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

SPECIAL UPDATE

A huge thanks to HOUND for sharing his UNRELEASED character pack.

In this pack is the following:

-Deathforce Plus
-Dragon Nosuke
-KeesiCopter
-Shoe (original/old release)
-Spiral Nokana

Be sure to check the main link, enjoy!

111.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:38 pm

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Added MH-6S (by 吳承曇)

-Metal SK- likes this post

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bro you need to fix alll your broken and dead links on your older collection posts you did.
heaps of them are all offline and moved to the graveyard section bro.
Any plans to reupload so they are online permanently?

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection KwiHzMC

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

CancerManXIII wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bro you need to fix alll your broken and dead links on your older collection posts you did.

Unfortunately the content is all lost due to my laptop dying and I was in the middle of moving everything to a more secure archiving process.

All I have backed up is the Metal Slug stuff.

[UPDATE OCTOBER 15TH 2022]
—Added TheIronMKI by NSX2015

This remade version of Iron Nokana MK-I has new animations and so forth was just recently shared by NSX2015

141.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:06 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

jo19sh92 wrote:
CancerManXIII wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Bro you need to fix alll your broken and dead links on your older collection posts you did.

Unfortunately the content is all lost due to my laptop dying and I was in the middle of moving everything to a more secure archiving process.

We appreciate the efforts creating so many archives however please note it creates alot of work for us staff to clear up and remove dead links and posts, hence I would be careful using mediafire/mega links if you are not using the paid versions which auto expire if not accessed for x time period.
One suggestion would be using microsoft onedrive if you prefer free hosting versions as I don't believe they expire if tied to a personal email address

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

jo19sh92 likes this post

151.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:09 pm

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Vermilion Spy wrote:
jo19sh92 wrote:

We appreciate the efforts creating so many archives however please note it creates alot of work for us staff to clear up and remove dead links and posts, hence I would be careful using mediafire/mega links if you are not using the paid versions which auto expire if not accessed for x time period.
One suggestion would be using microsoft onedrive if you prefer free hosting versions as I don't believe they expire if tied to a personal email address

My sincere apologies, you might want to just delete those threads entirely.

That said, rest assured, the Metal Slug Collection is HEAVILY backed up. I have it backed to Google Drive, OneDrive, MediaFire, Dropbox, Mega, Zippyshare, and Archive.org

NAMTron likes this post

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Heyyyyyyywelcome back man! was wondering what happened to you loo.
you went poof dissappeared lol

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

171.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:47 pm

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

RockMole (by 吳承曇) added to archive

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Rock-Mole-MSA-Idle

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Screamer (by 吳承曇) added to the collection

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Screamer_MSA_Version

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

Oxocube wrote:Nice collection.
One suggestion would definitely be to have all the stages too.
Most of us here, unlike the other forums, are crazy about stages. Its sort of the niche. So if someone has all those its a definite must have.
Good work on the rest though

Added stages

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

its admirable buddy that you still update the archive for us. thank you!

The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection 5a600110_800x600

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

UPDATE (5-1-2023)

Added Root Mars Supreme (by NightTerror599)
Added MS Space Battle V2 (by NightTerror599)

Phant0mD likes this post

221.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:43 am

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

MS1-Snow Base by 吳承曇

ADDED

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS YOU GOOFY GOOBERS!

Time for a bigger update!

—All of EricMK's characters have been added
• Girida-O
• Golden Nosuke
• Golden Turtle
• SlugNoid

—Another stage by 吳承曇 (q2951415)
• MS7-Scrapland

241.0/older characters Re: The Official Metal Slug MEGA Collection Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:26 am

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!

Every version of METAL SLUG WARRIORS (by MabsKMK) has been added to the archive (except for the 2020 build, which I cannot find)

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Survivor (Gold)

RockMole V1.1 (by 吳承曇) added

They recently updated their RockMole, so it has been added to the archive.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum