Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations

+5
Weeslo
MagistusMoon
Phant0mD
GRAYFOX
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mugen creator Website MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:20 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations EsJr6GZ
MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations R0C4u8oMUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 9ntE1Q3MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations EpC5Nni

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations JdQldO2

Check out MUGENJIN's Official Website here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jin, aka Mugenjin is a retired Veteran Japanese M.U.G.E.N character creator from the early days of the Winmugen Engine. He is best known for his King Of Fighters Mugen character creations during the mid-late 2000s, and is widely recognized as being one of the founding fathers of what has become the KOF Mugen character scene we know of today. He was active in the Mugen scene since atleast 2006, possibly longer, finally retiring after his last and final character updates in December 2010.

Jin was a diehard KOF franchise fan. As a mugen creator, his passion was shown in the frequency of his character updates. He openly expressed his love and fandom for the franchise, particularly regarding the home console versions of KOF games which included extras like arrange BGMs that were not present in the arcade versions he played in Japanese arcades at the time quote:

The first thing that impressed me when I bought the console version of KOF games were the number of arranged BGMs.
Fatal Fury 3 Terry's song, AOF2 Yuri's song, Fatal Fury SP Duck's song, KOF97 Shingo's song ...
Everything about these BGMs are godly.
At least I think so......No, really.

It is amazing that dedicated BGMs were prepared even for characters added in the PS2 version.
But I can't help but shake my head trying to figure out what happened with SVC in 2003....
It was probably because of internal circumstances at SNK...

However, XI has really changed from the previous KOF games.
The foundation has changed, and the things you can do have increased dramatically.

He created characters and a small number of Mugen portrait and lifebar addons which he uploaded to his personal Japanese Mugen blog/website mugen-jin.hp.infoseek.co.jp.
He relocated to his own personal domain in 2007, mugenjin.nobody.co.jp, which is still live today despite his retirement in 2010.
His website shared various other KOF and Mugen creation related FAQ guides.

MUGENJIN's character creation process and style was centered around solidarity, balance, and source accuracy within the limits and capabilities of Mugen.He had extensive detailed notes on his character creation process on his site.

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations QcuiL2rMUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations ZVpofSL

While his creations may not be considered revolutionary dropping by Modern day mugen standards, MUGENJIN's KOF character creations have ended up becoming the blueprint and base edits for 100s (and that number is still rising as of the 2020s) of KOF characters that would follow.

Countless notable KOF mugen character creators, character editors in all the major Korean, North/South American and Chinese Mugen scenes have used his characters and their coding as a base. His name is well known and respected even by younger generation KOF mugen community fans to this day.

His mini blog posts in Japanese also give some interesting insight into early Mugen history and what the mindset of creators was during the early days as far as whether what they were doing was legal or not as far as sprite ripping and copyrights.
He shared his personal views and predictions regarding the future of Mugen and how being a Japanese Mugen creator during a time of 2D fighting game resurgence, felt like "walking on a legality tight-rope" referring to the feeling he could have his site and all its work taken down in an instant by the gaming corporations. Quote:

The characters I distribute here use SNKPLAYMORE's images, sounds, and other things, so it is copyright violation to my heart's content.  Of course, if SNKPLAYMORE says "stop", this site will disappear with a single blow. It's like walking a tightrope made from a spider's thread. However, as long as MUGEN users exist all over the world, companies may think that they have no choice but to give up. ... who knows.

I don't know what will happen to MUGEN in the future, but sprite ripped characters will still be created, and it may cause some friction.
I think it is important to take a cautious stance when engaging in MUGEN so that it does not happen.

… But the first person to ever think about ripping sprites is amazing.
Cutting out hundreds of images one by one in dot units ... Wow, I don't want to think about it.
I'm sure the companies were surprised too.
And NO it wasn't me!

Like many other veteran Japanese mugen creators, Jin sadly faded from the mugen scene ever too soon, falling into obscurity not without leaving behind a solid Mugen legacy which has continued to pave the path for new fans and aspiring creators til this day.
A well deserved entrant in the Mugen hall of fame.

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations CN6LlWb
Download All MUGENJIN's official work here

ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL DOWNLOAD LINKS

Mediafire Link

getuploader Link

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations P21sO8E

GRAYFOX and Weeslo like this post

2Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:13 am

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Well said, he is another favorite all time great. Always dl his characters. Build my personal Mugen, around his works. So awesome times.lol

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

xXEnchanter.ZuXx and Weeslo like this post

3Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

big facts.
Everytime I see some beefed up ex-kyo edit or AD yagami edit i always laugh when i lookin the .def to see they didn't even bother removing the orig author name "Jin" lmao.

But yeah salute this man.
Got to remember the elder lords that laid the foundations for the mugen generations no cap.

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o

http://www.negative-edge.net

4Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:48 am

MagistusMoon

MagistusMoon

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics

Its so awesome that these legacy creators aren't forgotten.
I remember downloading and visiting their websites dat after day in high school always tweaking and patching my mugen build with the latest characters!

5Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Mon May 30, 2022 4:53 pm

Weeslo

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Ya01log
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Survivor (Silver)
Survived 2 Inactive Account Auto-Purges

Normally I wouldn't be all too interested in KOF edits as a lot of the time I feel it can get pretty repetitive, I do admit that the concept itself is pretty cool and I'm glad people get enjoyment out of it!

xXEnchanter.ZuXx likes this post

6Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Tue May 31, 2022 12:06 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Weeslo wrote:Normally I wouldn't be all too interested in KOF edits as a lot of the time I feel it can get pretty repetitive, I do admit that the concept itself is pretty cool and I'm glad people get enjoyment out of it!

Jin in the mugen community is somewhat of a legend when it comes to making KOF characters. He was one of the first, and people are still editing his base characters til this day!

7Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Tue May 31, 2022 9:33 pm

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

I remember using K Blood so much in my custom akof winmugen.
Thanks to Jin for Timeless classics creating the groundwork for other mugen creators

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 5a600110_800x600

8Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:28 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

xXEnchanter.ZuXx wrote:
Weeslo wrote:Normally I wouldn't be all too interested in KOF edits as a lot of the time I feel it can get pretty repetitive, I do admit that the concept itself is pretty cool and I'm glad people get enjoyment out of it!

Jin in the mugen community is somewhat of a legend when it comes to making KOF characters. He was one of the first, and people are still editing his base characters til this day!

K Blood blew my mind when I first saw him. His Angel and Another Angel are still my faves tho. Also his King Lion. I've got them in the same roster I just used today. His KOF characters are some of my all time favorite.

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

9Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:36 am

Balelynx

Balelynx

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

The thing is though, I doubt that Jin of any of those other early days KOF mugen authors knew how many people would edit all of their characters over and over for so many years to create that KOF edit culture.
I wonder how they would feel if they knew that all these K dash and Kyo edits that exist today are born from edits of their original characters?

10Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:49 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:
K Blood blew my mind when I first saw him. His Angel and Another Angel are still my faves tho. Also his King Lion. I've got them in the same roster I just used today. His KOF characters are some of my all time favorite.

A man of culture, I like that amigo.
Technically you could say that JIN is most KOFM mugen players favorite creator even if they dont know it because atleast Half the characters he did convert that also appear in KOFM games use his as bases for their edits.

11Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:54 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Balelynx wrote:The thing is though, I doubt that Jin of any of those other early days KOF mugen authors knew how many people would edit all of their characters over and over for so many years to create that KOF edit culture.
I wonder how they would feel if they knew that all these K dash and Kyo edits that exist today are born from edits of their original characters?

Well, JIN's official website is still live after all these years, so I would like to think that means he's happy we are still enjoying his work to this day Dat behind

Balelynx likes this post

12Mugen creator Website Re: MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:42 pm

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Most of the good creation of mugen are born from only very few small number of old school creator I think.
It is always like this in mugen.

The Cosmic frog will get you!
MUGENJIN's KOF Mugen Creations JABb8Bu
Download My Mugen Stuff [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Balelynx likes this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum