Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best way to build up mugen

+4
Phant0mD
Shakti♥chu<3
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
GamerG
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best way to build up mugen Empty Best way to build up mugen Wed May 12, 2021 1:24 pm

GamerG

GamerG

Best way to build up mugen 42463946061_c82f3ae03a_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Hmm i've been looking around and downloading some stages and chars but, what's the best way to build a solid mugen roster? There's so much content I have to control my left click xD. Should I go for large or small rosters (just discovered some screenpacks have increased slots)? I know this is a simple question and personal preference, but I can easily download chars/ stages and compromise HD space (filled up a 3TB HD with tons of junk I didn't need) I'm one of those people if it's shiny or pretty i'll add it if I can and think about it much later.....

2Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Best way to build up mugen 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

MUGEN literally means infinite in japaneae for a reason Best way to build up mugen 1f606

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Best way to build up mugen P21sO8E

3Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Thu May 13, 2021 7:49 am

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Best way to build up mugen 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

GamerG wrote:I'm one of those people if it's shiny or pretty i'll add it if I can and think about it much later.....

I'm guilty of that Best way to build up mugen 1f605
Before i got into mugen i was into alot of jrpgs and mmos and mobile games, plus im a self confessed anime weeb Best way to build up mugen 1f601 soooo....
Initially i would just smoosh any characters that were from those games or looked similar.
Then i realised that they dont always play together well because fighting games are quite hard if you never grew up playing them and knowing all the differences between them and playsyles.
My advice is to try different sets of characters playstyle until you find what you like.
You may like anime jump characters that are like smash bros fun playstyle or you may like street fighter characters with more techy strategy playstyle.
Sorry if this is long Best way to build up mugen 1f633

4Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Thu May 13, 2021 11:52 am

GamerG

GamerG

Best way to build up mugen 42463946061_c82f3ae03a_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)

xXEnchanter.ZuXx wrote:MUGEN literally means infinite in japaneae for a reason Best way to build up mugen 1f606  

Ah, so that's what mugen means. I can feel the impulse already. But I will resist the urge.... hopefully lol.

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:
GamerG wrote:I'm one of those people if it's shiny or pretty i'll add it if I can and think about it much later.....

I'm guilty of that Best way to build up mugen 1f605
Before i got into mugen i was into alot of jrpgs and mmos and mobile games, plus im a self confessed anime weeb Best way to build up mugen 1f601  soooo....
Initially i would just smoosh any characters that were from those games or looked similar.
Then i realised that they dont always play together well because fighting games are quite hard if you never grew up playing them and knowing all the differences between them and playsyles.
My advice is to try different sets of characters playstyle until you find what you like.
You may like anime jump characters that are like smash bros fun playstyle or you may like street fighter characters with more techy strategy playstyle.
Sorry if this is long Best way to build up mugen 1f633

Omg yes! From games to wallpapers the HD was screaming at me! Best way to build up mugen 1f604  Thanks for the tip about the playstyles. I'll have to test when I get more time. I love reading long posts. You're good.  Best way to build up mugen 1f60e

5Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Sun May 30, 2021 5:29 pm

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Best way to build up mugen 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

The best thing is that there is no right or wrong way with mugen lol!

You can build it anyway you want and just take things out you dont like and constantly swap stuff around to your liking.

Some people like to make full games that look and feel like their favorite console fighting games.

Some people like wacky fantasy crossovers so they can have Batman fight Ronald Macdonald and Colonel sanders lol (im not joking)

But eventually you will get your own idea of what you want to do with your mugen and you will build it that way.
If you're new to mugen then this is your honeymoon phase where you just have fun shoving stuff in it and watching the madness lol.
When that bets boring you may start wanting to make it look feel and play in a certain way.
Often it depends what commercial fighting games you play in real life, as far as what you may wanna do with it

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Best way to build up mugen 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

6Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Sun May 30, 2021 9:31 pm

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

Best way to build up mugen OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

So many possibilities, just whatever you choose. Let it be something you are feeling. Take your time and look for the most updated version of sp,stages,chracthers and so on. So your experience will be fun and refreshing. Twisted Evil

Best way to build up mugen 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

7Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Sun May 30, 2021 10:04 pm

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Best way to build up mugen 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Well mugen is luckily a hobby you can drift in and out of whenever you have time so you can build at your own pace.
I know this well because i took a long long break from it, only to return and see that its really gotten so much richer with content

Best way to build up mugen KwiHzMC

8Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:25 am

Oxocube

Oxocube

Best way to build up mugen 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

CancerManXIII wrote:Well mugen is luckily a hobby you can drift in and out of whenever you have time so you can build at your own pace.
I know this well because i took a long long break from it, only to return and see that its really gotten so much richer with content

My life story too.
I realised how big an popular mugen was when the FGC youtuber Maximillian dood started making mugen videos on his second channel Yo videogames.
Thats when, I started anting to get back into it, but i didnt want to have a joke roster like when i first started.
A nice Marvel vs capcom roster of non broken characters is what I am aiming for.

9Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:21 am

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Best way to build up mugen 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Oxocube wrote:
CancerManXIII wrote:Well mugen is luckily a hobby you can drift in and out of whenever you have time so you can build at your own pace.

My life story too.
I realised how big an popular mugen was when the FGC youtuber Maximillian dood started making mugen videos on his second channel Yo videogames.
Thats when, I started anting to get back into it, but i didnt want to have a joke roster like when i first started.
A nice Marvel vs capcom roster of non broken characters is what I am aiming for.

I think that brought heaps of people into mugen that never heard of it before.
The worst part about that is that every person that first starts mugen will build terrible rosters with mismatched stages and characters

10Best way to build up mugen Empty Re: Best way to build up mugen Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:51 am

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

Best way to build up mugen OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I remember dl, Mugen from a torrent.lol Thinking I was going to get something good. Wait a minute, those was from my leeachers DayZ. I mean my learners day's, I think I just told on my self. The Mugen police, us coming for me now.lol Everything vs everything, 1000 character roster, 300, stages etc.lol

Best way to build up mugen 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum