Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sprite Animations

+10
-Metal SK-
MagistusMoon
Filthy Fredo
Shakti♥chu<3
SuperWhiskey
Oxocube
Phant0mD
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
Vermilion Spy
Lou Man
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty A mini update Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:15 pm

Lou Man

Sprite Animations - Page 3 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

I know its been a while since I posted some stuff worth while but I can assure you guys its for a big reason... college, so yeah, iv been pretty much just mentally preparing myself for the journey ahead, which is why I haven't really been posting. But I can assure you I still have a couple of stuff in the works, including collabs that I participated in and a huge project that I have been working on and off for a versus show that I loved for a while now, meanwhile, heres a few stuff that I worked on, mostly as a test, but one of them was actually a very old project that I first started using 30fps, but due to it getting corrupted, I lost all of my motivation to simply redo, thank you guys for sticking with me.

52Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:46 pm

Balelynx

Balelynx

Sprite Animations - Page 3 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

yes indeed education is usually a big step in a young mans life.
And it is also a time when our interests start shifting and priorities become more apparent is it not?
The days when we can spend endless hours on mugen with no regrets start to diminish and passion projects can be lost forever.
but there is always the hope to return to it again!
good luck with collegfe and hope to see you continue

53Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:10 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Balelynx wrote:yes indeed education is usually a big step in a young mans life.
And it is also a time when our interests start shifting and priorities become more apparent is it not?
The days when we can spend endless hours on mugen with no regrets start to diminish and passion projects can be lost forever.
but there is always the hope to return to it again!
good luck with collegfe and hope to see you continue

Much appeciated dude. Hopefully, If I dont have to much workload, I can get back into it on my spare time, since I do have some projects that I was currently working on, but we will see.

54Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Goku black vs Dr Livesey - Mini update Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:34 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Hey guys. Its been a while. Ive been gone for a bit but thats just due to college now, but I do have something major that I have been working on for sometime, but you guys will just have to wait and see. But in the meanwhile, heres a mini animation that I did

But for real, please check out the person that did the Livesey sprite art as well as the person who did the eb goku black sprites. Hope everything has been alright with you guys.
Saturn Savi https://www.artstation.com/artwork/yJGeYQ
https://www.deviantart.com/unusuariomas79
leehatake93 https://www.deviantart.com/leehatake93/art/Alternate-Goku-Sprites-690137054

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Yo guys, I'm still alive lol. School has just been my main focus, but I managed to remake one of my older animations that... definitely did not age that well.. I still need to work on the text format though, as many of you mentioned on the older post, but now that I have legally..... acquired Vegas pro 18, I might  be able to spruce up my videos... assuming I find the time to learn more about editing, but regardless, enjoy and Ill see you guys next time I resurrect myself from the dead.

Last edited by Lou Man on Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Forgive me for messing up on the format. I took a while to realize that I deleted the wrong post. Heres just a small test animation I did. It might look wonkey, mainly because I'm working on perspective shots more, as well as getting used to putting in text from sony vegas pro 18, which I am a noob at lol. Regardless, thank you all for the support over the year

Phant0mD likes this post

57Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:03 am

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Sprite Animations - Page 3 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

Lou Man wrote:Forgive me for messing up on the format. I took a while to realize that I deleted the wrong post. Heres just a small test animation I did. It might look wonkey, mainly because I'm working on perspective shots more, as well as getting  used to putting in text from sony vegas pro 18, which I am a noob at lol. Regardless, thank you all for the support over the  year

hey welcome backl man!

I love that you are still at it after all this time despite studying and not having as much time!
Keep on fighting!

I enjoyed the latest video! Everytime you post here, your videos get better and better!

Now that you are no longer a beginner and have been at this a while, I think its time we got harder on ya XD
There are quite a few things i noticed that others have mentioned previously that you still need to seriously pursue perfecting.
And here at Newagemugen, quality, perfection and top notch graphics are not only our specialty, but they are our RELIGION GT KERMIT  GT KERMIT :

- aspect ratios of the characters should stay consistent (try not to warp their height and width too much. sometimes your chars sprites get distorted and the characters look stretched in weird ways)
- Try add some overlay effects to improve the cinematic feel (blurs, glows, particle effects, weather effects like rain snow and stuff)
- The text format is still an issue. You really need a clean, slick looking text template for the dialogue.
The text should be slick, tidy, not too colorful, not too dull, and look professional. not just like wordpad copy pasted bold fonts lol.

Now as far as what most of us hear consider the gold standard for sprite animation. It is always going to go back to this: Proxicide on Newgrounds's MK vs SF flash animation:

Everything about this was perfect.
The sound.
The effects.
The text boxes with the animation on the lettering.
the camera panning.
Absolute perfection.
SO much can be learned from this masterpiece. and so much should be learned from it.

Esamples of the pointers I mentioned like effects and stuff I think the homie Zu pointed out to you previously too:
Now check this out.
How they handle the flash overlay effects, text and transitions:

I hope these pointers can help you grow and improve your skills! We eagerly await your next masterpiece and level up !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sprite Animations - Page 3 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Hey everyone! Its been a bit since I lasted posted. I'm still trucking over at college so I might not be as active as I would like but regardless, here is an animation I did based on a rng bot over at twitter that I decided to animate for the fun of it. Also, I appreciate all of the criticisms, its very much needed and I still need to improve on the text aspect tbh, Regardless, I will see you guys when I see ya, and I hope you guys enjoy.

59Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Happy (*Late) New years Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:53 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Hoping that this year becomes a very great one. Last year had its ups as well as some downs but I'm hoping to move past and go beyond my limits for this year. Heres a little reel of some of the project I had done last year. Notice how there are some that I already done but I cant spoil as its for collabs that have yet to be released. Regardless  I will hopefully start to upload more on here when I get the chance.

60Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:39 am

MagistusMoon

MagistusMoon

Sprite Animations - Page 3 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Newsboy (Stone)

wouldnt it be cool if mugen had a movie maker mode so you could make stories in mugen

61Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:00 am

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Phant0mD wrote:
Lou Man wrote:Forgive me for messing up on the format. I took a while to realize that I deleted the wrong post. Heres just a small test animation I did. It might look wonkey, mainly because I'm working on perspective shots more, as well as getting  used to putting in text from sony vegas pro 18, which I am a noob at lol. Regardless, thank you all for the support over the  year

hey welcome backl man!

I love that you are still at it after all this time despite studying and not having as much time!
Keep on fighting!

I enjoyed the latest video! Everytime you post here, your videos get better and better!

Now that you are no longer a beginner and have been at this a while, I think its time we got harder on ya XD
There are quite a few things i noticed that others have mentioned previously that you still need to seriously pursue perfecting.
And here at Newagemugen, quality, perfection and top notch graphics are not only our specialty, but they are our RELIGION GT KERMIT  GT KERMIT :

- aspect ratios of the characters should stay consistent (try not to warp their height and width too much. sometimes your chars sprites get distorted and the characters look stretched in weird ways)
- Try add some overlay effects to improve the cinematic feel (blurs, glows, particle effects, weather effects like rain snow and stuff)
- The text format is still an issue. You really need a clean, slick looking text template for the dialogue.
The text should be slick, tidy, not too colorful, not too dull, and look professional. not just like wordpad copy pasted bold fonts lol.

Now as far as what most of us hear consider the gold standard for sprite animation. It is always going to go back to this: Proxicide on Newgrounds's MK vs SF flash animation:

Everything about this was perfect.
The sound.
The effects.
The text boxes with the animation on the lettering.
the camera panning.
Absolute perfection.
SO much can be learned from this masterpiece. and so much should be learned from it.

Esamples of the pointers I mentioned like effects and stuff I think the homie Zu pointed out to you previously too:
Now check this out.
How they handle the flash overlay effects, text and transitions:

I hope these pointers can help you grow and improve your skills! We eagerly await your next masterpiece and level up !

Proxicide is definitely my favorite creator of a sprite animation flash videos ever in all of history and also inspired my to be more interested in what could we do to make our own fighting games in mugen like that

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sprite Animations - Page 3 5a600110_800x600

62Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Evil Goku vs Broly -Sprite Animations. Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:12 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Yo guys. I'm still alive lol. Anyways heres something I worked on for a bit since theredhenry released Goku vs Z, the best send off to the evil goku saga. Also besure to check out Akuma Animations for the evil goku sprites which I put in my comments and in my desc. They both deserve all the attention and admiration. Regardless hope you guys enjoy and I hope your year has been good so far.

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Yo everyone whats up. I know its been a short while but please check out this collab I was a part of. It was a great chance pleasure to have worked with other talented animators, even if my submissions were the weakest out of all of them lol. (Btw, when you see the cell pfp on them, thats me) I also worked on something on the short side as a little warmup. Anyways I'll see ya later guys.

64Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:56 pm

-Metal SK-

-Metal SK-

★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Super Soldier (Silver)
Idol Master (Gold)
Recieved 40 or more likes from other Members

Lou Man wrote:Yo guys. I'm still alive lol. Anyways heres something I worked on for a bit since theredhenry released Goku vs Z, the best send off to the evil goku saga. Also besure to check out Akuma Animations for the evil goku sprites which I put in my comments and in my desc. They both deserve all the attention and admiration. Regardless hope you guys enjoy and I hope your year has been good so far.

this one was really cool, especially when brolly did the big green spirit bomb move

Sprite Animations - Page 3 5a600110_800x600

Lou Man likes this post

65Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Sandbag has had enough Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:13 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Decided to do this as a quick warm up... But yeah, sandbag is rising up rn

66Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:51 am

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Sprite Animations - Page 3 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

hey lou^^
Good to see u again still at it

Lou Man likes this post

67Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:06 am

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Shakti♥chu<3 wrote:hey lou^^
Good to see u again still at it

Much appreciated. I'm still at the grind (Albiet at a much slower rate due to college) And I do still have a way bigger project for a vs show that I am still working hard on. Can't really disclose the details, but what I can say is, probably going to be my biggest and longest project yet so look out for that.

Shakti♥chu<3 likes this post

68Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:14 am

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Sprite Animations - Page 3 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Survivor (Gold)
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics

look forward to it! secret squirrel type stuff ? well i'm sure you will share the finished product some time down the track^^

Lou Man likes this post

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

My dumbself got inspired by this post,https://twitter.com/anythingbott/status/1631810242400108544
so I decided to animate the start of this matchup. This is pretty much a mess of experimenting with lip syncing, but its still not the best. Regardless, I will see you guys down the line. I am still at the grind, I just needed to unrust a bit since college is ramping up the assignments like theres no tomorrow lol. Thank you all for all of the support you guys have given me.

70Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Hulk Hogan vs The Incredible Hulk! Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Which Hulk are you guys rooting for? Personally, I think Hulk is going to win this one.

Lou Man likes this post

71Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:46 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Sprite Animations - Page 3 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hulkamaniaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sprite Animations - Page 3 P21sO8E

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Hey guys. I basically animated for a versus show that I have been a fan of for a while. I recommend you check it them out. They work pretty hard on each episode, so it would mean the world if you gave them a watch.

Also here's my upload as well with just the animation.

73Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Oni Lord Dio Vs Homelander Sun May 28, 2023 7:54 pm

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Yo guys. This is just me having fun, experimenting with shurikens vcam other features.  But meanwhile I reccomen you guys check out akumaanimations:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1Qr4oZ_-uiCCGCrk34Blzg He is the one that made that sheet of dio, which I will link here :https://www.deviantart.com/akuma-animation098/art/Oni-lord-Dio-jus-sprite-sheet-938330241
But yeah, I recommend you guys check him out. Here is my animation that serves as more of a fun little test. Hope you guys enjoy it.

CancerManXIII likes this post

74Sprite Animations - Page 3 Empty Re: Sprite Animations Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:13 am

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Sprite Animations - Page 3 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newsboy (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

you editing skills have levelled up bro. that last little video is clean as, compared to your older works.

Sprite Animations - Page 3 KwiHzMC

Lou Man likes this post

Lou Man

Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Stone)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Yo guys. I have some great news. The animation that I have spent months working on is finally finished and the versus show that I have been working on for the side has posted the preview animation. It should be hopefully out in the following month or so. But I implore you guys to please watch the full episode when it comes out. The people over there have worked very hard on the analysis and editing portion. However, I will be uploading the full version of the fight since it was trimmed down slightly due to time concerns. I hope you guys enjoy the episode when it comes out.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum