Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GLB's construction.

+17
xcheatdeath
100SadPandas
Psyre
Duck@ss Farm
HUNGRY WOLF
Esaki
Demitri
Vegaz_Parrelli
GRAYFOX
ExCham
Jazz Jam Jizzle
Dissidia
Watta
Sir Lord Alpyne
TwiliPhoenix0402
Markpachi
G
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

What theme should we go for?

GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_lcap44%GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 44% [ 4 ]
GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_lcap56%GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 56% [ 5 ]
GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_lcap0%GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 16]

276GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Sun May 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

GLB's construction.  - Page 12 49283851498_0631820187_o
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank

Can't you just use your Skyrim general thread for it dude?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

277GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Sun May 04, 2014 10:44 pm

G

G

GLB's construction.  - Page 12 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)
Recieved 20 or more likes from other Members

I still don't see a valid reason for it honestly. There's a Skyrim discussion thread + a game screenshot thread. What more is needed?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

https://www.newagemugen.com/

278GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

He posted a screenshot on the skyrim thread, I think it's resolved

279GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 am

Demitri

Demitri

GLB's construction.  - Page 12 RjBqV68
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yeah..

280GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey I wanted to say this thing a few days ago but I quit out of the tab -_-

For the banners, to be honest, I only like my akuma one and the king one. The others are "alright" as GFX IMO but like Diss said, they're not really suited for the forum. In that sense, I have to say that I'm sorry about that, I have an affinity for grunge styled gfx and I'm not very good at the slick and professional styles like Diss has. So I'm sorry for not being able to make it what it should.

Though I'm down to try out some text ones that you guys had preferred. Like, a final one, not another one to circulate. I'm quite bad with text only stuff but I'm more than happy to give it a go.

All I ask for is that you guys give me ideas about what you want it to look like and a lot of time since I have been quite busy IRL with school getting near finals week.

http://mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta

281GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Eh they're not bad, really nicely done but eh idk using renders just feels really bad nowadays.

Good luck with your finals

282GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 5:29 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Like I said before, I'm not picky at all. I use whatever's given to us because I appreciate people taking time out of their day to do something we could do ourselves if we really tried.

I don't expect you to have to learn some new kind of style just to make a banner for us. I really appreciate all the work you've done already. Honestly for one final banner that's text based I have no ideas, I rely more on Diss to have those ideas since he's the one being picky about it lol.

---------------------

Huge message:

I know that as a whole we're based on being a team, and for 5-6 years I've invested a lot of time helping out people and trying to make them be a part of the Newage mugen team (be a newager.) It was very fun at times watching creators grow, and it was very frustrating at times trying to force people to live up to these rank expectations, i hate trying to boss people around I've grown tired of it, i have to do it at my job and it feels like extra work in my real life doing it here.

Don't get me wrong, I love you all (as friends.) But I don't think the team is very successful, or didn't really meet the expectations I've expected over the years. I'm not blaming anyone, It's mostly my fault, I've become lazy and tired of all the work over the years. People get busy, and I understand that. All the Newagers received their rank because we saw something special in them as a creator, we knew they had potential to make some great and amazing things. And we wanted them to be here with us, working as a team, so we could combine our efforts with theirs to produce amazing mugen content for other communities.

But over time it became frustrating to try and make Newagers log in to the forum, and worry about when they'd visit or create again, or when things in their personal life would calm down so they could be back with us producing content. I feel like I lost friends over petty things like that, by being a bit pushy about things like that. I'd rather not stress myself or anyone out over a rank honestly.

All that being said, I personally think it may be time to kill the team. Just remove the Newager rank and all the team boards and become a simple mugen forum. I'd love to be a team still and create content together but I think I may be approaching a point where I will no longer create for Mugen. Maybe a few more things and I'll be out, but I've lost a lot of interest. It's hard for me to even open the engine anymore, I've got no motivation at all, I'm burnt out.

Along with removing this would bring other changes; I also think removing the super contributor rank should be a thing. I feel like it's degrading. Why have a specific group of contributors set for who we believe creates the best? All contributors should be treated the same. All members should be equal. It's like telling someone all their hard work isn't good enough. We should just have one solid group of contributors, maybe change their color to green or something.

I also feel like the GFX artist rank should be removed since it's not used much.

I feel like the only ranks we should have are: Founder, Admin, Global Mod, Contributor and VIP.

I'm open to opinions, I just thought it'd be a good time to say something since I've been feeling this way for a while. I tried to rebuild the team and bring us back together a bit when I returned but everyone was too consumed with real life, which is understandable.

Sorry if this sounds like i'm bitching, i'm really not trying to.

283GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 7:02 pm

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

I agree with everything basically.
Just to add on to my point about super cotrib from before, it'd give norml contribs something to strive for. Some people could make stuff and be complacent when they have room for growth.

284GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 10:34 pm

Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Nah, Newage did all it can to supply the community with the best content to use for Mugen IMO, we could of done more but the Team suffered numerous set backs(most of them involved disputes), it was inevitable that time was gonna come where newage had to hang it up and call it a day.

Nothing to be ashamed of, all teams go through this, game, GFX, anything. If its time, it's time, can't keep fighting against the grain.

as far as the ranks go, yeah Retire the GFX and super contribute ones, Contributor should be enough for everyone.

285GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Mon May 05, 2014 10:50 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Only 2 earned ranks for normal users huh? Seems fair enough.

286GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 4:45 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Yeah GLB, I feel you on this. I agree.

We've all become quite busy IRL and that's fine yo, we have lives right? haha
Yes, I think we should also change contributor to green to make everyone feel like a newager What a Face
I'll make them ranks (and the other ones you requested, I keep forgetting sorry).

Can I ask to be made into a VIP if we go through with removing the newager rank? I think I've helped around enough for it, though I'm not trying to sound high and mighty (sorry if I do).

Also, I think we should stop being specialized in stages and graphics. We could be all rounded, it could possibly get us more members.

I'll be honest. I can't get myself to open mugen anymore for some reason, I just don't feel like it. Though I've found a great interest in GFX for some reason so I'll just help out here in anyway I can since I've always felt like this forum is like a home to me. When I get more free time, I'll probably make a big requesting thread for sigs and get to work with many requests or whatever. It's probably not going to help at all but I feel that I should at least do something to help around.

287GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 5:57 am

Demitri

Demitri

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

@GLB, before you permanently (or i guess even after) you abolish the rank and make the changes; why not have everyone help each other with their projects? Isn't that part of being a newager?
Everyone got lazy/needed something in their stages and couldnt get it and got demotivated but good things tend to happen when people work together. It doesn't have to just be in the chat and it obviously is gonna take time with everyone being busy.

i.e. have a thread where everyone mentions their incomplete WIPs they wanna put out but havent because of whatever and i guess from there they can decide who will help them or can help.

Just an idea (kinda inspired by Watta)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Forum related, i think the music section should be removed/merged with another section. In 4 years it has had 4 topics and everyone pretty much posts in the "What are you listening to" topic.

288GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 9:48 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Catfish Billy wrote:
All that being said, I personally think it may be time to kill the team. Just remove the Newager rank and all the team boards and become a simple mugen forum.
Oh well, it was a really fun run with the team, but I guess it's time. Whatever your final decision may be, GLB, we'll stick by it.

Catfish Billy wrote:
I'd love to be a team still and create content together but I think I may be approaching a point where I will no longer create for Mugen. Maybe a few more things and I'll be out, but I've lost a lot of interest. It's hard for me to even open the engine anymore, I've got no motivation at all, I'm burnt out.
Same here. I might not have created good stages, but I really enjoyed the process of making them. Though, with each ambitious stage PSD created, it just really gets frustrating. At the same time, with each passing day, i'm slowly letting go of Mugen. Perhaps that's a good thing though.

Genesis wrote:
i.e. have a thread where everyone mentions their incomplete WIPs they wanna put out but havent because of whatever and i guess from there they can decide who will help them or can help.
+1

I also suggest that we make it a public thread so that other people may partake on the unfinished wips. No use in being a closed group now. At least, if we do that, we might get good results with the use of our wips, that the community can enjoy.

289GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 10:07 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

@ Mark
- I agree with you here. We'll stick by GLB.
- Yeah man, as of recently it's been you making cool concepts and me trying to execute them. I feel however that I lack some of the skills needed to fulfill our desired outcome, which is why I suggested that shared WIP thing.
- Yeah lets make it public, it would give everyone a chance to help out or at the least get what they want in our stages :)

290GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 10:36 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hold up, Watta. Don't make the thread just yet. I think we should wait for GLB's go.

291GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 10:37 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Where did you put it? Just merge it with my WIP thread for now though, took me ages to write it out :P

292GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 10:46 am

HUNGRY WOLF

HUNGRY WOLF

Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Well I was part of this team for a short period  crying 
But whatever GLB decides I got your back too bro.

As for everybody else that needs help to finish a WIP hit me up I can help you in whatever you may need I believe
Watta said he needed help with Indexing, I'd be happy to lend a hand.
Yes a thread for the Incomplete wips help out do deminish the long list of incomplete wips.
Because it would be a damn shame if all those bad ass stages that Mark & Watta posted about just get trashed.

293GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 am

Markpachi

Markpachi

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Watta wrote:Where did you put it? Just merge it with my WIP thread for now though, took me ages to write it out :P
I moved it in the Recycle Bin. I can move it back once we get GLB's say-so.

294GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 2:41 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

Honestly, I don't care what you guys do lol. Watta and MP, y'all haven't even been in Mugen that long and you're already bored of it, which happens to everyone. I still believe one day you both will become re-interested. Do I personally believe you should just hand-out all your wips? No. Am I going to stop you? No. As far as making a thread goes to help other people finish their stuff it sounds cool as long as it helps I guess, but again that's up to you guys.

As far as giving out ranks go, yeah Watta, it's most likely all Newagers will get VIP except a maybe a couple, and some VIPS will be demoted.

Team Discussion will be removed. Private releases will be removed (soon). The hidden database on the bottom of the forum will be removed. Admin boards are being removed since Diss and I chat daily anyways. Nomination board will be moved to Mugen Discussion with Newage TV. Newage Exclusive will be deleted.

As for the music thread, yeah i'll probably just copy guild and merge an entertainment thread or something.

To Hungry Wolf, and Pandas; I am sorry. I wish we could've produced more team content, maybe even involved you both into a 3rd release pack. But nobody says we can't still work together if something sparks!

We're all still able to work together and create, we just don't have to be obligated to anymore. Maybe THAT in itself will spark some more interest in dying out users.

EDIT: Changes have been made.
- International was moved to the "Everything Else" section. No more "Entertainment."
- Music & Watch were merged into "Media."
- Newage TV was moved to Mugen Discussion.
- Nominations moved to Mugen Universe (under mugen discussion.)
- Team board removed.
- Admin boards removed.
- Private database removed.
- Private releases will be removed shortly, (going to give it a bit of time since it's still active.)
- Super contributor removed.
- GFX Artist removed.
- Newager removed.
- Contributor made green.
- Some inactive VIPS were demoted.

295GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 3:58 pm

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Jazz Jam Jizzle

Newsboy (Stone)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

it's all ogre now ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

296GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 4:20 pm

Dissidia

Dissidia

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Lord Of War (Gold)

Just how it should've been. Too many ranks and child boards create too much work to handle. Even myself, I am bored of Mugen.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://sites.google.com/site/dissidiamugen/

297GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

glad it's working out for you guys.

I might actually keep the private releases board, I don't know yet though.

298GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Wed May 07, 2014 11:00 am

Watta

Watta

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Wood)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Keep the private releases board, I've got some stuff in there I still need just in case. Or you could rename it and make it public, though that would kinda defeat the purpose...

299GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Wed May 07, 2014 5:28 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

i won't do all that.

i'll probably just keep it there for vips.

300GLB's construction.  - Page 12 Empty Re: GLB's construction. Thu May 08, 2014 9:47 pm

G

G

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)
Fanservice (Bronze)

well new banner. i think this one may be a keeper as far as "keeping it simple but good" goes, what do you think?

boards cleaned up as well. lots and lots of progress. i see everything where it's it right now being finalized

just a few things left:

- Finished ranks.
- New topic icons (HR Stage, Char, etc.)
- Figure out an effective way to alert members of a new private message.
- Whatever else is spotted.

Last edited by G on Sun May 18, 2014 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum