Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SuperWhiskey

SuperWhiskey

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection TbZ14U3
Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection ArblsU7
The Street Fighter MX (Megamix) Collection by Fido

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reuploading this collection because part of it was requested so i thought why not. I am not sure if he qualified for the hall of fame or not, but if he does, please move this post there and edit this text out.

Fido is a Veteran Chinese Mugen creator originally from the Mugenchina forums community before it shut down.
He was also known as FidoMX, and lifido9999. He was very active on most of the main Mugen forums such as Mugen Fighters Guild and MugenFreeforall. He is famous for creating over 40 characters from the Street Fighter Alpha and SF3 series in his own original custom gameplay groove mechanic style callled SF MX, MX or MMX (Street Fighter Megamix/Mugen Megamix). He was the most active between 2008 and 2014, but he was active in Mugen since as early as 2004, possibly earlier.

Fido was working on a 40+ character fullgame project called Street Fighter MX (which later became abbreviated to MMX or Mugen Megamix) that featured characters with built in groove bars, a variety of mechanics and original hitsparks & effects that created a very quality aesthetic for the time. His MX style mechanics had mixed reviews and levels of popularity - this can be largely contributed to the fact that Mugen fans at the time were beginning to show a preference for the infamous POTs style CVS mechanics/aesthetic. Post 2008 Warusaki, Mugen fans were generally starting to prefer the "no groove bars" POTs style over the traditional groovebar Warusaki cvs2 design.

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection CkYk0r2Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection LV2l9uj
Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection TkOengNFido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection KSFxKUE
Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection VLMq3sXFido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection JGnDQmb

What is important to mention is that Fidos characters became the base edits for many POTs style characters, including Mr Infinite's early sVK characters and more. Fido also created a Gouki/Shin Gouki that was never released to the public.

His last known activity was in 2018 when he posted some WIP screenpack screenshots for his unreleased/unfinished SF MX game on his Flickr account as shown below

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection 6rVgwT0

Download Links

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection FXzcO3r

Oxocube

Oxocube

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics

why were these not more popular?
I remember I only like using the A-groove because it was a 6 button system.
I liked his bison and chunli. they had ok AI

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection WEOuZsG

jo19sh92

jo19sh92

Fido's Street Fighter Megamix (Mugen Megamix) character collection 42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges

Oxocube wrote:why were these not more popular?
I remember I only like using the A-groove because it was a 6 button system.
I liked his bison and chunli. they had ok AI

My guess is, none of them really had a challenging AI, and often times, they were really only enjoyable when playing as them, however, they also had the flaw of being a custom style, which very few people actually want to try. Hence why so many people still make POTS style, because everyone is used to it by now.

All that matters anymore in my life... are cats... and MUGEN.
https://mugenfreeforall.com/profile/22726-jo19sh92/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum