Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen

+5
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
ARIKAFGC
Swagga Kings
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

- Update. Added the astral borders so it matches with the vs screen and simul/tag lifebar Astral theme

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I'm kinda unsure about what to do about the menu colors of the fonts, but this will do for now. I think it looks ok.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow sweet man it look great bro, personally I would keep the fonts there's nothing wrong with them so I approve.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Cool then. In that case, i'll leave those fonts as they are then.
Little progress -

I have added a menu description box that will appear for each game mode to describe the modes.
Here is an example of the "Story mode" text description.
Of course I just made up some stuff haha, kinda like the idea of Gill and Pyron being the 2 ominous final bosses u have to defeat, so yah.
Now I just need to add a few other text things, then I will think about how to animate this and add all the modes.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Great man this is very creative bro this is gonna be so hype, that a really good idea adding the description to the modes. So once yah done with the menu screen what would be next?

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:So once yah done with the menu screen what would be next?

Everything on the first page in the order they are listed. So at the moment we are doing "Menu screen" - if you check all the spoiler tabs, you can see the notes of "Things to do" so yah, lots to do after these too haha. But i wanna focus on this 1st before getting lost in the sauce of what is next. I will only update the main menu a little but for now - it may change even more for release verions 6, 7 , 8 etc etc. we will see....

Ok, more updates. Done the VS Mode text and fonts

Also one more cool thing I wanted to show you, for all the hardcore fans, is a little suttle hidden detail that will appear behind the mode description text.
If you look closely, there will be a different character from the comic book art drawn by Udon comics in "Street Fighter Vs Darkstalkers" which is kinda cool. Here is an example of what they look like behind the text. True Mugen/capcom fans may notice it for sure lol

- Also another update 14/10

I have started coding the SFF format fonts, and I have added in the static unanimated BGs into the system.sff.

So the graphics in the screenshot below, are actually in Mugen now as we speak.

So now I have organised the positioning of the different layers, which is the time consuming part, I can easily add the animation when I animate these layers individually.

Well here is how it looks, but please note that the old background in there, I will be completely deleting because I want a better style one that matches this new style

Last edited by Phant0mD on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Update: I have finished all of the Main menu fonts now. Next step will be updating the Win screen

HUNGRY WOLF

HUNGRY WOLF

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

YO D! this looks sick! This shit modivates me to get my ass on PS again, if my PC wasn't down at the moment Frustrated

ARIKAFGC

ARIKAFGC

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 29630307338_927318ed53_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

Now this should be either the staff roll or the main menu theme in my opinion

the reason I thought about it is that it would be cool to have CPSII arrange soundtracks like Street Fighter Zero/Alpha the CPSII and the home port soundtracks are different and I personally prefer arrange got more vibes into it Thumbs Up

I found some soundtracks that can fit with this project "first time listening to them"

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Wow I did not notes this until now things with this new build is coming along sweet man I can wait too see what's next to come

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

[quote="Swagga Kings"]Great man this is very creative bro this is gonna be so hype, that a really good idea adding the description to the modes. So once yah done with the menu screen what would be next?

thanks man. U know how we do. More comin soon.

Last edited by Phant0mD on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

ARIKAFGC wrote:
Now this should be either the staff roll or the main menu theme in my opinion

the reason I thought about it is that it would be cool to have CPSII arrange soundtracks like Street Fighter Zero/Alpha the CPSII and the home port soundtracks are different and I personally prefer arrange got more vibes into it Thumbs Up

I found some soundtracks that can fit with this project "first time listening to them"

Those OST's sound very nice, but personally I feel like this SP should have some more "up beat" type techno/electronic vybes to them since the newer versions of this screenpack are alot more futuristic and High definition looking. They could definitely be good as stage music though

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Mini update - I added some details to the bottom of the menu screen inspired by Darkstalkers Resurrection on the PSN.

If any of you own it you will know how there is a ranking and levelling system in the game.
I have added a bar mimicking this system.

If we release the screenpack to certain people, as an exclusive bonus we will give them customized level bars to show their name in the game like I have done here.

This part here can be custom for each owner - when there is a public release, we can do a request section for custom stats bars for people that want them

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

That is very interesting man I see my level is 25 sweet idea bro thumbs up :)

HUNGRY WOLF

HUNGRY WOLF

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 49283851498_0631820187_o
Death Note (Wood)
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Phant0mD wrote:Mini update - I added some details to the bottom of the menu screen inspired by Darkstalkers Resurrection on the PSN.

If any of you own it you will know how there is a ranking and levelling system in the game.
I have added a bar mimicking this system.

If we release the screenpack to certain people, as an exclusive bonus we will give them customized level bars to show their name in the game like I have done here.

This part here can be custom for each owner - when there is a public release, we can do a request section for custom stats bars for people that want them

Holy shit this is HOT right here bro.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

HUNGRY WOLF wrote:

Holy shit this is HOT right here bro.

Hey man, long time no see! Thanks my brother and yeah, its just a fun little side project that I'm helping the big homie swagga out with - it's fun to dabble in these projects from time to time and apply that newagemugen finesse to other projects - keeps the pencil sharp if you know what I mean. Cant wait to see some more goodness from you to bruh - make sure to stop on by here son if you still in the mugen worldz

xcheatdeath

xcheatdeath

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 49241500477_6b04bc7f46_o
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Published To Perfection (Gold)
Created 30 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank

nigga

and i mean NIGGA

this is some straight FIRE fam. I knew yo ass would be cookin up the heat but DAYUM

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Taybear wrote:nigga

and i mean NIGGA

damn right there - Cant wait to see this finished

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

This alright but, we going to make mines more salty er. lol Just pulling chains, this project is coming alone really well. Looking forward to the completed product. Hey swagg, I'm always open for beta testing. The more hands to test, the better fine polish product you will have. Either way, I have y'all back. Phantom my man please keep it rocking, and please have all your stuff backed up. Just saying, to much hard to be lost. crying

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey ya'll how ya'll doing Merry Christmas, how are things been going?

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Merry Christmas everyone!

ARIKAFGC

ARIKAFGC

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 2 29630307338_927318ed53_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Crowd Favorite (Stone)

I've got this feeling that these soundtracks suites DS vs SF "I personally like track 6 &10"

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey everyone how ya'll doing hope all is well, just to give ya'll an update on Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter I've been thinking on considering taking out the rolling,running, doge, small jump,charging meter,and custom combo system, to make the game more footsies base like the street fighter alpha series an others, that's all I want to say for now if anything i'll come ya'll on what's going on with the project hope everything turns out well with the new screen pack peace out for now.  

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Check out Friday's Live Stream of Darkstalkers vs Street Fighter with pots style Huitzil

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Heeeeeey man whats up whats good. Ive been MIA from the mugenz for a minute. real life plus Final fantasy XIV Online addiction hahaha.

Hell yeah man the Huitzil looking nice.

I like the sound of these new mechanics.

Yeah we definitely have some work to do man.

Im looking forward to getting the next update to you.

I have a few things to fix with the win screen and main menu first and we good for another beta test

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey bro good to hear from you again man I was wondering what's been going on but welcome back. Yeah i can't wait for the next beta to come, i'll be looking forward to it man.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum