Subsystems and features include:
- Chain combos/Magic series, tailored to fit the 4-button scheme.
- Run (subsystem).
- Parry (subsystem).
- Recovery Roll (subsystem).
- Safe Fall (subsystem).
- Super Jump (subsystem).
This one is a bit of a word salad that I don't feel like typing, but I'll do it anyways. Let's start off with a lovely visual:
- Akira Kazama
- Albert Wesker
- Red Arremer (move set based primarily off his appearance in Demon's Crest)
- Viewtiful Joe
- Captain Commando
- SonSon the 3rd
- Strider Hiryu
- Tifa Lockheart
- Fei-Fong Wong
- Han Dae-han
- Lenneth Valkyrie
- Sundown Kid
- Ashley Riot
- Sho Minamimoto*
- Agent 47
- Laguna Loire
- Zidane Tribal
- Aya Brea
- Hero + Dog
- Exdeath (non-playable final boss)
Quite ambitious as you can see. I've begun working on Tessa's sprite set (and it's about nearly 25% done) and started with prepping for Tifa's today. Within the pipeline are plans for a midboss from each side. Maybe extra characters as well, but I wouldn't count on that, at least any time soon.
As of now, the only completed character is Ryu. I'm now gonna focus on Tessa's spriting, and shambling together an alpha w/ all her completed movement sprites.
- Playable characters: Ryu, Tessa, Chun-Li, Albert Wesker, Tifa Lockheart, Fei-Fong Wong, Tiki, Zidane Tribal
- Stages: Training (supplied by ExShadow and -SyN- from one of their old WIPs, which I asked permission for), Archipelago, Space Gadget (original concepts that'll be designed from the ground up)
- A 45-50% complete screen pack; I plan to commission that since I'm pretty challenged in that department
And that is about all I have to share. I'll share some of the completed animation work for Tessa for you guys to see, and any and all updates will be posted in this thread.
At a later point, I plan to have a separate Twitter account and open the dev discord (which is currently inactive) to the general public and get the FGC to market it for me, hopefully I'll get some willing volunteer help. I also plan to look into I.K.E.M.E.N. once it's stable, and at the very least, get fixes to the RemapPal and to the input system.
The only places you can get updates on this (and the game) will be here and Trinity MUGEN (at their M.U.G.E.N.-Net Discord).
That's all, have a good day guys.
*his inclusion was due to a mistake in my research; I actually though The World Ends With You was released in 2003, before the Square and Enix merger, and as a result, didn't think too much of it and made the character sprite... until I saw it again; however, the sprite was too good not to include it, and I kept him in as a result. Forgiveness from the Square Enix historians pls.