Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome!

+3
Oxocube
Vegaz_Parrelli
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Made a Donation to Support Newagemugen
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
King Of Clout (Silver)
Recieved 15 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Taunting The Devil (Gold)
Newagemugen Member for Over 7 Years

Hey Ladz & ladies.
It has been mentioned to myself and a few others more and more recently about what the process is for getting the prestigious member exclusive benefits that are offered on Newagemugen.

As most of you regulars already know, we usually discuss nominations for stuff like monthly featured artists and such in the Shadow King's court section: https://www.newagemugen.com/f100-suggestions-feedback-nominations

Everything else is automatically handled via the Newagemugen ranking system which has existed since the pre-09 Gs days: https://www.newagemugen.com/t2749-newagemugen-ranking-guide-updated-june-2021

Despite all that jazz, neither explains how certain content is selected to feature on the main NewagemugenTV youtube channel.
This was a point that was raised to me recently by a member which I thought is well worth discussing.

Obviously there IS a system in place, although that system has never been publicly discussed due to lack of real interest until recent.
This is probably due to how the popularity of the community has grown.

Either way, no system is perfect, and rather than discuss how things are done atm,
I thought maybe its a good topic of discussion to hear everyone's thoughts.

So let your ideas flow guys - what do YOU think should be the requirements/standards for gaining an exclusive banner/channel feature for 2022?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o
http://www.negative-edge.net

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 50086984306_129c06f147_o
Survivor (Gold)
Survived 3 Inactive Account Auto-purges
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
King Of Clout (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts

Never really thought about it since I havent yet gotten around to doing a stage or a character for the youtibe channel but i want to do KOF stages! I do have some edits ive made i never shown off that i think are pretty out of this world compared to others I see.

To me, getting a main centre spot on the Main website youtube channel means having something nobody else can offer anywhere else.

So if its a character release or a screenpack/stage, it should be something that can only be found here at newagemugen forum.
Not some blanket upload on every forum like all the run of the mill creators do.
First they go to MFG and post. Then MFFA. Then Infinity.
It kills the incentive for newbs to come here to get the cake.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! P21sO8E

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 51631106195_34e64106bd_o
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Talk Of The Town (Bronze)
Recieved 5 or more likes from other Members
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

That's actually not a bad point of view.

With such exclusivity, the contributor should be guaranteed that their content will be treated with the utmost respect...provided the content is actually worthy. I believe this should be established possibly before public release through beta testing and/or private release threads.

From a personal standpoint, if I'm guaranteed that any certain will be showcased on the front page and website, I'll drop it here EXCLUSIVELY.

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 0hGNWik

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

Oxocube

Oxocube

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 51240524370_550aa649d1_o
Death Note (Bronze)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
King Of Clout (Silver)

A quality approval checklist system or something as an idea pitch?
I always knew of Newagemugen and all those old school creators asociated with you guys like Noz and Mugen Mason as being like the gurus that made the best mugen stage screenpack stuff.
What i guess i want to say is the quality thing I think is extremely important for this thing youre talking about.

The sprite quality and the resolution and everything should look like it was a product you are selling in the game store.
There shouldnt be blurriness and fuzzies or badly cropped edges on sprites and stuff.
Im doing a bad job expalining the graphics but if you get what i mean.

@Vegaz_Parrelli wrote:I believe this should be established possibly before public release through beta testing and/or private release threads.
this is a good idea, but maybe have a public submission or application thread for us forum members to critique or judge, maybe have a checklist system in the thread main post on minimum requirements, and then some experts on stages, characters, screenpacks can give advanced feedback or assessment.

@xXEnchanter.ZuXx wrote:So if its a character release or a screenpack/stage, it should be something that can only be found here at newagemugen forum

Agreed that makes sense, especially since most forums are already just warehouses of each other really.
The other thing I think is important is the technical aspect of the creations

"My authority is absolute & I will not tolerate Insolence!" - M.Bison, 1994

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! WEOuZsG

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Silver)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Super Soldier (Silver)
Obtained The Highest Tier 2 Warrior Class Rank
King Of Clout (Silver)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts

because everyone is quoting the quotes i will quote too

@Oxocube wrote:A quality approval checklist system or something as an idea pitch?

this is good idea actually. I think this is the best way.
Because if there is a list on the website then there is no confusion why you dont get to be feature or not and also you can see if your ability of creation is need improvement and it is the reality check because if nobody gets test then they dont know they need to learn new skill and get better also.
Maybe I can add some idea on what these list items can be

@Vegaz_Parrelli wrote: if I'm guaranteed that any certain will be showcased on the front page and website, I'll drop it here EXCLUSIVELY.
I think it doesn't matter about this thing because in my opinion it is the creator decision if he she want to release creation everywhere.
But if we are going to support community it is a different subject because goal should be to make more people come here to find more skill creator

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

As far as my last comment, I'd only release certain content exclusively at Newage. The rest would be released everywhere.

I think a checklist is a good idea. Just as a start. That combined with additional feedback from our peers and we can all increase our chances of growing and improving.

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 0hGNWik

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
King Of Clout (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

keep the ideas flowing ladz

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 39617182812_da9b58ffc9_o

Shakti♥chu<3

Shakti♥chu<3

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 29270914107_0496322bcc_o
Survivor (Gold)
Newsboy (Silver)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
King Of Clout (Silver)

A checklist like filthyfredo said is a good way to manage this kind of thing^^
Also a poll or vote scheme could work too!

Vegaz_Parrelli

Vegaz_Parrelli

★★Thousand Dragon★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Haven't seen much more feedback. But since we're here, how bout we discuss some actual standards that are already being implemented? I'm interested to see what the current criteria is for receiving a spot on the board? Or on the youtube channel? Purely content? Advertising? Commissions perhaps? A combination of all 3? Is one worth more than the others? Like content 20%, Advertising 20%, Commissions 60%....for example?
Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! 1f60e

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Silver)
Liked 15 Forum posts
King Of Clout (Silver)
Lord Of War (Gold)

good question

- RE commissions etc they were introduced late 2020 (see orig info post in news section)
- RE advertising, banner advert info thread there too (also in news section.)
- RE Content etc, T&Cs for Mugen cinema network also in forum info section

Outside that, its an open discussion on how it should be managed so its fair and clear to all.
Keep them ideas flowing guys!

HmmmLawnmower

HmmmLawnmower

Idea engineering - NAMTV standards, nomination process etc. Ideas welcome! Ya01log
Death Note (Bronze)
Created Your first Forum Topic

@xXEnchanter.ZuXx wrote:To me, getting a main centre spot on the Main website youtube channel means having something nobody else can offer anywhere else.

So if its a character release or a screenpack/stage, it should be something that can only be found here at newagemugen forum.
Not some blanket upload on every forum like all the run of the mill creators do.
First they go to MFG and post. Then MFFA. Then Infinity.
It kills the incentive for newbs to come here to get the cake.

I echo this sentiment. You definitely unique and well-made MUGEN stuff. Not saying it has to be flashy. Just nice to look at. I feel like releases are like trying to sell a book or a script. If you can't wow the editor or whoever within the first ten seconds, in the trash it goes just because there's so many. And with the internet being the way it is, you have maybe half that time now. So having a curated list of exclusive content I think will get more people involved.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum