Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

This Old Gamer tying my best to Quit this Mugen Addiction

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

OldGamer

This Old Gamer tying my best to Quit this Mugen Addiction  42451059065_c5b3f655dd_o
Please forgive me for my Bad Grammar. just try your best to understand what I'm trying to say. T_T

i really do love creating Mugen content and love the hobby, but its getting to the point I'm just to burn out and running out of ideas, I cant keep it up any longer. I wanted to stop so many times over and over, but its just cant escape it some how. I try to avoid it as mush as I can, but when someone is in trouble when come to Mugen stages, Screen Packs, Intros, life bars and any kind of assignment, I start helping that person with out thinking it, Mugen is an Addiction I'm trying to avoid, but at same time I just don't have the energy to continue. I also tend to stay up from 10 am to 12 am or 3 am without no sleep, and ruins my life away, where I don't have no energy and keep away at nights , and I lose my way of thinking. This happen a lot to where I have to complete a project for someone and I had to get it done, and yet I manage to do it, but in the end I get too tired and cant move anymore. Mugen to me is real Addiction that I cant escape. I want to stop so many time and I try not to think about it, but its just happen without no control.

Maybe its a joke to most people but for me, I'm just too darn tired and its killing my heaths, and Many people that I helped in with there project tell me so many time, Get your sleep, go eat, get off Mugen and lay down Old Man.
but its never happen, I tell them the same story over and over, yeah sure I rest, but then again I don't, I stay up all day just to complete a screen pack for them, never think about own health. but this time I think I'm going to try to stop making Mugen content, and rest and take long vacation from all this bad habit of Mugen Addiction Frustrated

My going to take my leave from Mugen for while, and hope that this addiction don't kill me in the end Cannot Unsee  

Thank you for your Understanding and everyone at New Age Mugen
OldGamer Thumbs Up

Last edited by OldGamer on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

This Old Gamer tying my best to Quit this Mugen Addiction  28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Oldgamer, you may want to change that title.
You wrote "Quick Mugen Addiction". I think instead of saying "quit" you typed "quick".

Either way after reading your post, and talking to you a few times before on the Newagemugen discord server, I understand where you are coming from, and wish you well.

I think you are doing the right thing.
Sometimes it is necessary to take a break from some activities.

A hobby is something we do as a past time for fun and recreation.
When that hobby starts to become hard work, a chore, and has a negative impact on other aspects of our life such as sleep and health then its is time to definitely stop.

Wishing you the best and a healthy return one day in the future

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

This Old Gamer tying my best to Quit this Mugen Addiction  50086984306_129c06f147_o
✴Ex-Sirius✴ wrote:When that hobby starts to become hard work, a chore, and has a negative impact on other aspects of our life such as sleep and health then its is time to definitely stop.

Basically this sentence says it all.

I think the most important thing with mugen, is to have some goals on what you want to achieve with it, and an idea of how much time every month you want to spend on it.

Mugen is infinite, so its easy to just get lost making many projects then stopping and starting stuff with no plan or goal, so the process goes on forever and nothing is achieved.

It's good to help other people, and work on their projects and teach them, but its also important to be aware of how much time you have to spend on helping them so you can do your own things.

But we will probably see you again soon - I know you have more things you want to do with mugen in the future. good luck!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Filthy Fredo

Filthy Fredo

This Old Gamer tying my best to Quit this Mugen Addiction  28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
I turn my back for a second and the mugen grandad quits on me!?

You gotta look after your ticker there old fellow.
If you quit to do mountain hiking and sightseeing i forgive you.
But if youre secretly hiding away playing phantasy star online or something then thats unnacceptable and just as bad -_-

I refuse to believe it.
You will be back posting MikaMika screenpack stuff again before we know it

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum