Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
@Vermilion Spy That's the thing though I really don't want to stick with the pots style hit sparks cause that's already being used, that's why I want to switch them up, now if there's any other hit sparks out there that I personally would like I would go with that to be honest so I ain't in know rush I have plenty of time to decided.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
Woah that sakura palette looks crazy haha.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 P21sO8E

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 50086984306_129c06f147_o
Pyron updated to 1.1
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 O1QogoF[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 DV0VX4a[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 8k5QoaS

Sasquatch updated to 1.1
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 VtKP7GM[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 MIlIh9n[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 Ej61ppU

Only five more updates to go, and we have finished every character! Next one will be the updated Lord raptor you sent me recently. Then MBison and Rose.

It's crazy that we have gotten this far - most people without patience would have given up their full game by now, and here we are only just getting started after already doing so much hard work. I;m really looking forward to taking this project to the next level.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

✴Ex-Sirius✴

✴Ex-Sirius✴

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 28356897037_5be1f6146a_o
Great to see this still coming ahead. There's been ongoing progress bit by bit i see. Hats off to you guys for being persistent and not giving up. Most people don't have the patience or drive to finish their projects (including me...).

Hey also just wondering how much does Varo Hades charge for character creation?

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 50086984306_129c06f147_o
Updated of Lord Raptor Re-Updated to 1.1!

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 QjAeRop
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 Ey7mEym
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 HT9PxQm

M.Bison Updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 ZsKOCQw
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 ZgBj0LY
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 CTDyqKC
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 VdqGxHM

Lilith Updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 9qkERtc
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 L7lH88m
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 JUTWrf7
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 A9lXfQ0

Guardia de Mieux

Guardia de Mieux

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 Ya01log
PhantomD, that Lilith looks Doope....  Great job.  Especially that super bg animation!!  Keep up the good work!!!

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

@Guardia de Mieux wrote:PhantomD, that Lilith looks Doope....  Great job.  Especially that super bg animation!!  Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks man, the rest of the SP is about to get another massive update so its only getting better!

And now for the final 2 Char updates - Rikuo Updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 7RXl0Bi
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 AfrJvCf
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 GNpFiGM
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 MtzEj20

Rose Updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 WAA5v8m
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 S7aiQhu
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 X9JGiqN
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 WiPGaUT

And now, that Finally concludes all of the character single Vs mode Portrait art and Victory Winscreen art!

The next step is correcting the things we talked about with the lifebars

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 OjtZ7W5
Man this is so gorgeous. It reminds me of the canceled snk full game, back at club syn. The fighters was going to have stands or something like that for helpers.lol Great stuff, keep up the hard works my man. Twisted Evil

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

@GRAYFOX wrote:Man this is so gorgeous. It reminds me of the canceled snk full game, back at club syn. The fighters was going to have stands or something like that for helpers.lol Great stuff, keep up the hard works my man. Twisted Evil

Now thats old skool lol. I wonder how many ppl still remember that project.

Now, moving on with the Fightscreen updates.
The first thing i've been wanting to fix is the Timer.
In the last update we had a blank red background on the timer but I find that it doesn't fit with the rest of the style so well and it needed to have something more stylistic added so I've changed it to this below

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 0EH8wXq

I've also animated all of the Astral frames behind the Life Gauge and the timer itself.
The fron part is now like crystal and changes color and shines.
The back layer also reflects light now.

https://i.imgur.com/8qdI7xK.gif
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 8qdI7xK

You can see HD version animated here:
https://streamable.com/lb10vu#

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Looking good so far

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Alright!
So this week i've been working on something really cool with the name fonts.

usually in mugen, you use the font file to display the character letters for each players names.

In Mugen 1.1 they added png fonts, which means that you can actually use images for fonts instead of letter type fonts.

What that means, is you can actually create any color or style for the font you like.

But I have actually taken it a step further, and created a custom font system just for this fullgame.

The way it works, I put a single letter of the alphabet or a number as each characters display name by editing the def file. SO for example,

[Info]
name ="Akuma"
displayname = "A";"Akuma" (i change this line and put a letter instead of the name)
versiondate =04,14,2002
mugenversion =1.0

Then, i create a new font file, and put the text as an image for each letter.
These are all of the ones that will appear when the game is in 1player single vs mode:

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 SNUeohp

And this is what it looks like in game. The left side is the updated side with the new lifebar frame, and the new font system added

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 MC59l38
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 UJ2AKoX

So what this actually means, is we can do alot of interesting custom things with the name etc in story mode, and theres other uses for it in the future which you will see. Now i just have to update and make it show correctly on player 2 side aswell

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

I've positioned the names correctly and added the name back plate. So far i have imported 15 into the new font file:

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 JeMIDAM
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 A9ROs01
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 EqOuBF2

As you will see, each character has a nickname or reference slogan next to their name. True fans of the Street Fighter/Darkstalkers Udon Comics or original game lore and storyline will know some of the references

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Impressive with the nick names I think that's a good idea it remines me of the nick names from the first Darkstalkers.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 49240809213_a0332873ca_o
this project is coming along like a house on fire!

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 P21sO8E

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 OjtZ7W5
I got 200 bands, right now if you switch over to my project.lol Just playing man, I like that system font trick, gives me ideas.

p.s I got 300 bands on deck doe.Cheesin Cheesin Cheesin Cheesin

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 6 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

haha well your timing could not be better.
We are actually changing things up a around here as we announced this last month:

https://www.newagemugen.com/t3718-important-announcement-regarding-project-support-commissions

We will have all the info on how commissions/services/prices will work very soon.
So we can definitely talk business once we have it all up.

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum