Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
@Phant0mD
Cool,cool cause I may have some idea's that you might can use from these images i found from google image just for some suggestions imma load them on the street fighter vs Capcom thread

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50086984306_129c06f147_o
Alright! time for another progress report!

First, lets start with Victor - Now updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 DygXu8K[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 HdwUzgw
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 BMIiI5B

Also, I noticed when testing him that there was an alignment issue with his super mode portrait coding and image so I fixed and replaced it with an HD image i customized myself to look better and not cut off like that:

Before
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 TEoMLXB

After
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 WNtZ3NI

And your favorite according to the big homie Shadowfox lol!
Rolento now also updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 J6pYBjY
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 MytaXV8
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 ZFRHeEo

And now Sodom also Updated to 1.1
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 Q6ZMxu7
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 5BrtUIw
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 GmUFrZ8

And now we are even closer with only 8 more characters left to go!
I will be working on another 3 later on today, so stay tuned as we get closer and closer to completing the roster!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50086984306_129c06f147_o
certainly coming together

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Hew Swagga, Got your message!

Ok here is my findings:

Regarding Resolution

Unfortunately you can't "lower" the resolution in mugen because we have created a 1280x960 HD Screenpack, the only way to lower it would be to remake the screenpack but could take another year to do that haha, plus the quality will go down.

Regarding the crashing issue with OBS

I am guessing this is because of your PC hardware or graphics cards settings.
If there is not enough video memory available to load mugen and record at same time, it will crash.
If so, I can fix but i will need to remove your intro with the characters and maybe other things.
But before that, can you check your PC specs?
I'll need to know:

1) your CPU model
2) How much RAM you have
3) Windows Version
4) GFX Card model

If you dont know what these are, you can just download speccy and take screenshot of it for me to read

https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download/standard
it will automatically tell you the specs

Also about the changes to the lifebar circles

Did you want me to lower them down lower on the bottom, and higher on the top?

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Ohhh ok cool, I wouldn't want you to go through all that work but you can just take out the intro I made it's all good, I was trying to stream today but the game kept on freezing and causing lag so I had to stop streaming. As for the specs of my pc I'm in the process of upgrading the parts of my pc so hopefully that makes some justice. Um yes I do want you too lower the the spinning effects the ones on the bottom and top like if they can be smaller, also imma pm you a copy of the new up to date version Lord Raptor in pots style I just received so you can add him to the game.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Back Live again

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

wow. i just saw the stream.
I didnt realise you were streaming the old version.
Man we have come a long long way with the game since then.
I have had so many people asking me about how much they love the screenpack and new portraits we have been working on.
Also FYI I got the raptor update thanks man ill update him too.
I hope you upgrade your pc soon to handle the HD version better.
Also FYI our channel is making a special announcement soon and there will be a special shout out to you soon.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Yeah for the time being I have to use the old version until I finish upgrading my pc just to avoid the lag and freezing problem that's all. Cool glad you got the link I sent you, so there's gonna be an announcement I'm looking forward to that oh did you see the street fighter vs capcom thread with the images I post of how the character select screen should look like? 

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

ah cool i understand.

Well it should be very soon you will be testing the new build.
Do you know roughly when you will have the new PC build?
Also what model and parts will be in it?
Will it have a newer video card for gaming and recording?
The card I use is the Nvidia GTX1080 x 2.
You can see how clear the Darkstalkers vs street fighter looked in the latest video on our channel when recording with that card.
I recorded it in 3840 x 2160p so its quite nice.

Also yeah i saw the pics but I didn't want to look too much since it could be a long time before we look at those projects since we have to finish darkstalkers, then your friend Bahamian kings large project, and then Grayfox's project coz you know these things are lifetime projects haha.

Also did you decide on a name for your other project yet or is it still the name you chose coz i know alot of people wanted you to change it was just curious coz i wasn't watching too much so can focus on darkstalkers project

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Well I can tell you this the video card I have is a GEFORCE GTX 1050TI with 4GB GDDR5 but I haven't install it yet cause I was having some problems with it, but I hopefully install it soon.Ok
yeah I can understand I know your helping others with there screenpack i don't mind the wait cause it would all be worth it, I know these projects are life time. As my second project I all ready been made my choice so I'm stick with the name I made for it. I know people wasn't to cool with the title but I don't care what people think cause at the end of the day it's my idea and imma stick with that and plus people turned out to like it anyways lol.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Alright! FInished the art for Sakura, Sasquatch, Bison, Rose, and Q-Bee.
And that means only Rikuo, Pyron and lord raptor need reupdating after that!

Here's a preview of the art i made for the win screens that will be uploaded tomorrow for you too see:
Sakura - I wanted to use art of her SFV costume to give the game a modernised feel
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50176278671_3388355a80_o

And Rose - personally one of my favorite characters from back in the old SF4 2009 days lol
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50177375961_2e98277abc_o

We are so close now its almost finally going to be ready!
I have free time to spend most the day on the updates tomorrow so if all goes well I will be uploading the beta Ver.6 test for you tomorrow evening!

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Cool, cool bro level the new portraits, umm just to let you know I'm having a pots style Rose and Donovan on the away so when I receive them hopefully sometime this month i'll send you a copy o

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 OjtZ7W5
I’m capping all this ports for my beta sp.lol The powers of a founder.hahaha

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 41132413462_abc15f97a9_o

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Live,Now

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

my friend said the arika vs capcom stream was very good my bro. i was away that day so i missed it but i will rewatch shortly!
Artwork for Rikuo completed! Has multiple options - Magneto palette, and ice tea palette lol

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50226064642_0f156a3b59_o
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50226064407_5e9ed17aa4_o
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50225835086_c892087913_o

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

It's cool bro that's why the replay is up there on my channel, btw good job on the Rikuo portraits

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

And now the final puzzle piece - Lilith. And now, all the character winscreen artwork is complete. Now to just convert the last 7 chars and add the art into them. which is only an hour or so work. Boy i'll be glad when i've finished the last character.

Oh, and of course i nbeed to reupdate the newer version of Lord raptor you sent me

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 50229341302_4f7a5faf9a_o

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Cool, just to give you a heads up bro in the future most of the Darkstalkers characters such as Lilith, Morrigan, Dark Gallon, Pyron, Dee, Donovan are gonna be up dated to pots style. Those version that's in the game now I wont be using them for long just so you know.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Definitely bro. Infact, that is exactly the best news I have heard.

When I send you the update, you will see that there is now a folder named "portraits" inside the main mugen folder.This is the folder that stores copies of all the new Winscreen and lifebar portrait artwork we have made for the 40+ characters.

What this means, is that it does not matter how many times we delete, remove, or update any character, because I can simply re-update each character to 1.1 automatically and just add the new artwork again each time because new we have made all the artwork.

There is another reason I am glad they are being remade and that is because at the moment there are alot of minor playstyle issues and bugs that I am not satisfied with in regards to them.

There is another reason why I'm glad about that, which i wont talk about yet because it will be a surprise for the next improvements to the game system for version 7.0 that I want to try.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Ok cool, I also for got to mention about Juni and Juli as well they gotta be converted to pots in the future as this project go's on and also there's a dramatic battle version them both in the characters folder which I'm sure you already know. I don't know what your plan to do with the system but I want to tell you that once your all done updating the screenpack I do plan to change up the fighting system as well as the hit sparks and stuff on my own so that the game can have that nostalgia feel to it.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

Yeah the juni juli char is the only one i havent touched because i remember you said it will be remade as this version is very old and broken and doesnt match well with the rest of the characters so thats good.

Yeah well regarding hitsparks, its interesting you mention that. Ive had alot of feedback from other creators and mugen ppl about what they want to see in the game and i have some big ideas going forward for what can be done here. But we can discuss more once this 1st major character update is compkete

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Ok well there was certain hit sparks that I wanted to use for the game. I was gonna use the Darkstalker 3 hit sparks for all characters, also I have a video on the way about me talking about the projects imma upload it to YouTube later on in the day and past it on here as well.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

New Video

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

In the video you mentioned a few things I would like to offer some feedback on.

You mentioned that "it's 2020 and its time to take mugen to a new level."
Which is very true.

Game design is as important as the characters and gameplay, if not equally as important.
We have seen games that have an impressive and great game design to them  but bad mechanics - an example could be Tekken x SF.
The game looked great, the lifebars, the select screen, the stages, even the character design. But the gem system ruined it and some people did not like the way the tag system worked and thought it only over complicated a game that could have been great.

Then we have seen games that don't look impressive visually with the layout/design but have incredible gameplay.
Games like Melty Blood, Killer Instinct, Fighting EX Layer, KOF 95-2002, or Power Rangers battle for the grid.

Then we have seen another third type of game, which is what i want to talk about in relation to this comment.

@Swagga Kings wrote:Ok well there was certain hit sparks that I wanted to use for the game. I was gonna use the Darkstalker 3 hit sparks for all characters.

The worst way to design a game, is by going backwards in some parts, but forward in others.
And the best example I can think of where a game was designed terrible by doing this, was Capcom fighting Jam.

The game was a terrible mixture of old and new animation, old and new hitsparks, and just looked unprofessional.
Every capcom fan dislikes that game and pretends it didn't exist.
The game just felt unfinished.

We expected a game like capcom vs snk 2 but with better menu design, better lifebars, and new flash slick looking hitsparks and super screens,
but we didnt get that. we got a watered down mixture of old and new in the wrong way.

The point I am trying to make i guess, is I think old style darkstalkers/reto effects will look good in your other game, SF vs Capcom, but not this one with the design it currently has.
Rather than add older nostalgia/retro effects into the current game, which clearly has a modern and clean professional look to it, you should go for much more modern effects that match with the design and layout of the game itself, otherwise it will look really bad.
Also i think you dont want to have both your fullgames look the same. Have one "old school retro" and one "new level 2020".

Although i am not a POTS playstyle fan, that type of hitspark effect is at least better than going backwards into time with this game.

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

I would say I agree 100% The key to a games success is the balance of design and gameplay. Not letting styles or looks clash, is something I learned when I was studying design. Everything must have a themed look or color scheme to really seem complete.

But more importantly, updates!

Sakura Now updated to 1.1!

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 Yyu6uwN[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 WWe7nJH[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 FwWNWab
[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 ITr6Ygu

Q-Bee Updated to 1.1

[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 D7IwVbc[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 EfriEWF[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 Nefr6pS[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 Go5ExIf[WIP]Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter Astral Edition Beta Version 6.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen - Page 5 Jcpydmy

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum