Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen

+5
xXEnchanter.ZuXx
ARIKAFGC
Swagga Kings
GRAYFOX
Phant0mD
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
★★Thousand Dragon★★
Posted over 1000 Messages
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years

IMPORTANT!
- This topic is a continuation thread for DVSF V4.4/4.5 - see previous [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] first

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beta Version 4.5 footage

NOTE: video above is test footage of the latest Beta version 4.5.
This is an ongoing WIP and the footage shown will likely be outdated by the time you are viewing this video.
stay tuned for more updates on the current build.

This will be the official discussion thread for tracking the progress of DVSF Beta release version 5.0.
For now, we are codenaming this SP, "Astral Edition" to note the style of the screens and lifebars etc we are using so far. All of this may change in future releases.

To make things easy, I will create a progress tracking section below, for everyone to see how the progress is coming along with the next Beta build, and also to track the improvements and things we need to do.

DVSF Astral Edition V5.0 Progress Tracker
Click on spoiler tab to view details

INTRO SCREENS updated 12.15.19
Spoiler:
MAIN MENU Updated 12.17.19
Spoiler:
OPTIONS MENU Updated 10.10.18
Spoiler:
SELECT SCREEN
Spoiler:
VERSUS SCREEN
Spoiler:
FIGHT SCREEN
Spoiler:
LIFEBARS Updated 12.17.19

Spoiler:
VICTORY SCREEN updated 12.17.19

Spoiler:
CONTINUE SCREEN
Spoiler:
GAME OVER SCREEN
Spoiler:
OTHER
Spoiler:

Last edited by Phant0mD on Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:25 pm; edited 25 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 52697050446_f068e68a44_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Swagga Kings wrote:@PhantomD Hey man what's sup, to let you know I checked out the screenpack it looks great but there's a problem, there's no winning screen all you see is a black back ground with the character's portrait, and when i tested out the arcade mode and everytime I win there rounds keeps going and I think the the fonts of the numbers and the combo hits should be brought down some like under neath the big portraits and that's it.

Thanks man - I have added your notes into the progress tracker thread in the first post - see the WIN SCREEN spoiler tab for more details

Last edited by Phant0mD on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
Created 20 or more Unique Topics
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

I have the all seeing eye, on all y'all. Cannot Unsee

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Created Your first Forum Topic
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Lord Of War (Gold)

So now we meet here for now on, that's cool with me, hey @PhantomD now as I think about it that someone had suggest for a character select screen in the future hopefully how about we go with this kind of layout?, I think is would look great for the game.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Yup, this is the new meeting spot 4 the project my man. I enjoyed the videos btw.

UPDATES:

- I updated notes under the FIGHT SCREEN and LIFEBARS category on progress tracker.
(See notes for more info by clicking on the spoiler tabs)

Swagga Kings wrote: how about we go with this kind of layout?, I think is would look great for the game.

To achieve this layout wouldn't be hard but, to achieve this it would mean adding custom portraits to each character.

So yes, this could be done however:

firstly, all your characters need to be finalized with no more updates required, and no more changes to them.
Secondly, all of the character SFF files need to be converted to Mugen 1.1 format
Thirdly, You need to save all of your pallettes inside the characters sff file in fighter factory, and edit the cns files to point to them and assign buttons to the pallette keymap in the def file.

It may sound difficult but it isn't hard - however I will let you talk to your character creators for that part as it will be some work for them :-)
So what I am saying is, basically this would be something you leave until very last to do.

Also, if we really want to go crazy, we can use an old trick not many people know about that allows you to have animated character portraits on the select screen so the chars move

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 49283912532_cb9be7ddac_o
Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Cool that's good to know cause I really like the way this character select screen looks.So in order for this kind of layout to be done is to add portraits to each character of course, and they can not have no more changes or updates to them. And then there SFF fils need to be converted to Mugen 1.1 format, then I need to save all there color palettes and map the keys for them, it dose sounds like alot to do lol. Also some characters aren't made by the same creator, only certain ones that I got up in the game don't really need to be converted into pots style. The ones that ain't pots style is the ones that I'm having re-coded to pots style.

ARIKAFGC

ARIKAFGC

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 29630307338_927318ed53_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Deadly Pen Pusher (Bronze)
Created 10 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Rank Hunter (Bronze)
Obtained The Highest Tier 1 Initate Rank
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

This soundtrack suites for a DSvsSF in my opinion

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

I actually wouldn't mind jumping in on this project a little myself.
I done a fair bit of screenpack work - let me sort you out a fire main menu screen

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen OjtZ7W5
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

@xxxenchanter.zuxx, let's see them flames brotha. Please don't be shy, do share the wealth. Cheesin

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

[LOCKED THREAD] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Oh that wealth shall be shared B)

GRAYFOX

GRAYFOX

★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Heaven's Door (Silver)
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Lord Of War (Gold)

Right on. Twisted Evil

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey fam! I've been busy as hell on the real life side of things lately - sweatin it out in da gym, winin & dinin tha lady 2 keep things calm (lol), housez, money, family business & man chores, you know how it goes fellas haha....time is our most valuable asset am i rite?

Anyway back to let you know we still chipping away at this - i'm gonna jump back in that hot seat and get to some of these updates.
Although not a visual update, today I updated the system.def directory and formatted to see what else we have to add - below are a list of all of the categories that we are working on for the screenpack - I will start working on the post-match screens first, such as winner, game over, continue etc

;@CONTINUE SCREEN
;@GAME OVER SCREEN
;@VICTORY-SCREEN
;@WIN-SCREEN----------------------->This one shows at the end of arcade mode if your char doesn't have an ending.def
;@GAME-ENDING-SCREEN-------------->This one shows after win screen if your char doesn't have an ending.def
;@CREDITS-SCREEN
;@SURVIVAL mode RESULTS SCREEN[

The screens marked in green relate only to survival mode and arcade/story mode - they are special win screen definitions that apply only to those modes - WIN screen is not to be confused with VICTORY screen. WIN screen only appears on last round of arcade mode, VICTORY screen is your win quote screen after every match

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

@PhantomD man it's cool we all get busy to I understand. I can't wait to see the next few updates on the way with the screen pack, hey I have a question do you have Discord?

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

You should check the Newagemugen discord.
Theres a link on the toolbar on the top of the page next to the facebook link.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Ohh ok thanks man i'll check that

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey man watsup? Sorry I aint been around - real life has had me crazy busy. Gotta chase dat paper ya know. Anyways, I will be workin the win screen next. I want to base the transitions on something modern, like Blazblue cross tag battle, but change the style to darkstalkers vs sf style. This is the screen I will be imitation the timings, and animation sequences for

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

It's cool man we all get busy with life so i understand. Great I would like to see how the win screen would turn out in this type of layout. Hey I wanna talk to you about something I'm not gonna say it on here so imma private message you about it.

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Let me in on tha secret sauce maaayyyne

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

For those who hasn't caught the stream here is the replay

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

This game is the real deal. I really cant wait to see this finished and with a public release

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

@xXEnchanter.ZuXx Thanks man I am doing my best with this game :)

Also check out my playthroughs with Anakaris and Sasquatch hope you guys enjoy them :)

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Hey man, it's been a while!

Anyway i'll get straight to bidness.
I'm currently remaking the HD Main menu screen - it will replace the old low res one from the last version.

It will have a very dynamic menu select scrolling screen inspired by the design in Darkstalkers Resurrection, but completely original in our own unique style. Here are some very early teasers of the layout - more effects and elements to come over next few...stay tuned!

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Hey phantom D what's sup man, cool that would be a great idea to use I can't wait to see how the rest of it is gonna turn out keep me post on the new lay out bro.

Phant0mD

Phant0mD

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Thousand Dragon★★
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★

Well I think I have decided how I will list the Game modes on the main menu.

I will use the same idea as the DS Resurrection menu select - I will have the game modes scrolling left to right.
So when you press left, or right, the new game mode and a description text about it will appear on the screen.

I am deciding what type of fonts and things to do now.

Also I will rename some of the game modes to be more interesting:

For example, instead of just survival mode, we will call it "Chaos tower" which is a tribute to Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower on psp.

Swagga Kings

Swagga Kings

Death Note (Wood)
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)

Actually Yea go with that phantom D that's a great idea man I'm with it bro :D thumbs up

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum