Underground Mugen community specializing in advanced Mugen stages, screenpacks & Graphics

You are not connected. Please login or register

[WIP] Darkstalkers Vs Street Fighter - Astral Edition Beta Release Version 5.0 By Swagga Kings & Newagemugen

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Phant0mD

IMPORTANT!
- This topic is a continuation thread for DVSF V4.4/4.5 - see previous HERE first

Beta Version 4.5 footage

NOTE: video above is test footage of the latest Beta version 4.5.
This is an ongoing WIP and the footage shown will likely be outdated by the time you are viewing this video.
stay tuned for more updates on the current build.

This will be the official discussion thread for tracking the progress of DVSF Beta release version 5.0.
For now, we are codenaming this SP, "Astral Edition" to note the style of the screens and lifebars etc we are using so far. All of this may change in future releases.

To make things easy, I will create a progress tracking section below, for everyone to see how the progress is coming along with the next Beta build, and also to track the improvements and things we need to do.

DVSF Astral Edition V5.0 Progress Tracker
Click on spoiler tab to view details

INTRO SCREENS
Spoiler:
-TBA
MAIN MENU
Spoiler:
-TBA
OPTIONS MENU
Spoiler:
-TBA
SELECT SCREEN
Spoiler:
-TBA
VERSUS SCREEN
Spoiler:
-TBA
FIGHT SCREEN
Spoiler:

@Swagga Kings wrote:I think the the fonts of the numbers and the combo hits should be brought down some like under neath the big portraits
TO DO:
         -Reposition combo hits message below large portraits
         -Remove the Mugeners HD Borrowed Combo font by Duralminn
         - Create 100% original custom new large HD combo message fonts and numbers

@Swagga Kings wrote:I also came up with another idea for the UMvC3 fonts that you use instead having them use in the same color how about changing the READY/FIGHT to purple and white just to give it a different look what do you think?
TO DO:
                     - Completely replace all UMVC3 Round annaouncer message combo animations
                      - Add new 100% original animated DVSF themed purple/white round announcers

LIFEBARS
Spoiler:

The animation on the right hand side for Player 2 behind the lifebars is not displaying correctly - is likely a coding error

TO DO:
          - Fix missing arcane yellow animation on Player 2 side
VICTORY SCREEN
Spoiler:

BUGS:
@Swagga Kings wrote:there's no winning screen all you see is a black back ground with the character's portrait
TO DO:
          -Create custom HD Win screen in Astral theme
          -Create/Add new HD resolution fonts to display Character win text
          -Reposition character portraits

CONTINUE SCREEN
Spoiler:
-TBA
GAME OVER SCREEN
Spoiler:
-TBA
OTHER
Spoiler:

@Swagga Kings wrote:someone suggested this for a character select screen in the future hopefully how about we go with this kind of layout?

TO DO:
                - Look into completely redesigning the select screen layout once all of the character roster is complete
                -Swagga Kings/character designer needs to convert all character sprites to 1.1 format once roster is finalized with no further updates
                 - Create HD high quality custom portraits to suit HD winner screen

Last edited by Phant0mD on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:41 am; edited 13 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.negative-edge.net

Phant0mD

@Swagga Kings wrote:@PhantomD Hey man what's sup, to let you know I checked out the screenpack it looks great but there's a problem, there's no winning screen all you see is a black back ground with the character's portrait, and when i tested out the arcade mode and everytime I win there rounds keeps going and I think the the fonts of the numbers and the combo hits should be brought down some like under neath the big portraits and that's it.

Thanks man - I have added your notes into the progress tracker thread in the first post - see the WIN SCREEN spoiler tab for more details

Last edited by Phant0mD on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GRAYFOX

I have the all seeing eye, on all y'all. Cannot Unsee

Swagga Kings

So now we meet here for now on, that's cool with me, hey @PhantomD now as I think about it that someone had suggest for a character select screen in the future hopefully how about we go with this kind of layout?, I think is would look great for the game.

Phant0mD

Yup, this is the new meeting spot 4 the project my man. I enjoyed the videos btw.

UPDATES:

- I updated notes under the FIGHT SCREEN and LIFEBARS category on progress tracker.
(See notes for more info by clicking on the spoiler tabs)

@Swagga Kings wrote: how about we go with this kind of layout?, I think is would look great for the game.

To achieve this layout wouldn't be hard but, to achieve this it would mean adding custom portraits to each character.

So yes, this could be done however:

firstly, all your characters need to be finalized with no more updates required, and no more changes to them.
Secondly, all of the character SFF files need to be converted to Mugen 1.1 format
Thirdly, You need to save all of your pallettes inside the characters sff file in fighter factory, and edit the cns files to point to them and assign buttons to the pallette keymap in the def file.

It may sound difficult but it isn't hard - however I will let you talk to your character creators for that part as it will be some work for them :-)
So what I am saying is, basically this would be something you leave until very last to do.

Also, if we really want to go crazy, we can use an old trick not many people know about that allows you to have animated character portraits on the select screen so the chars move

Swagga Kings

Cool that's good to know cause I really like the way this character select screen looks.So in order for this kind of layout to be done is to add portraits to each character of course, and they can not have no more changes or updates to them. And then there SFF fils need to be converted to Mugen 1.1 format, then I need to save all there color palettes and map the keys for them, it dose sounds like alot to do lol. Also some characters aren't made by the same creator, only certain ones that I got up in the game don't really need to be converted into pots style. The ones that ain't pots style is the ones that I'm having re-coded to pots style.

ARIKAFGC

This soundtrack suites for a DSvsSF in my opinion

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

I actually wouldn't mind jumping in on this project a little myself.
I done a fair bit of screenpack work - let me sort you out a fire main menu screen

GRAYFOX

@xxxenchanter.zuxx, let's see them flames brotha. Please don't be shy, do share the wealth. Cheesin

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Oh that wealth shall be shared B)

GRAYFOX

Right on. Twisted Evil

Phant0mD

Hey fam! I've been busy as hell on the real life side of things lately - sweatin it out in da gym, winin & dinin tha lady 2 keep things calm (lol), housez, money, family business & man chores, you know how it goes fellas haha....time is our most valuable asset am i rite?

Anyway back to let you know we still chipping away at this - i'm gonna jump back in that hot seat and get to some of these updates.
Although not a visual update, today I updated the system.def directory and formatted to see what else we have to add - below are a list of all of the categories that we are working on for the screenpack - I will start working on the post-match screens first, such as winner, game over, continue etc

;@CONTINUE SCREEN
;@GAME OVER SCREEN
;@VICTORY-SCREEN
;@WIN-SCREEN----------------------->This one shows at the end of arcade mode if your char doesn't have an ending.def
;@GAME-ENDING-SCREEN-------------->This one shows after win screen if your char doesn't have an ending.def
;@CREDITS-SCREEN
;@SURVIVAL mode RESULTS SCREEN[

The screens marked in green relate only to survival mode and arcade/story mode - they are special win screen definitions that apply only to those modes - WIN screen is not to be confused with VICTORY screen. WIN screen only appears on last round of arcade mode, VICTORY screen is your win quote screen after every match

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum