- This topic is a continuation thread for DVSF V4.4/4.5 - see previous HERE first
This is an ongoing WIP and the footage shown will likely be outdated by the time you are viewing this video.
stay tuned for more updates on the current build.
This will be the official discussion thread for tracking the progress of DVSF Beta release version 5.0.
For now, we are codenaming this SP, "Astral Edition" to note the style of the screens and lifebars etc we are using so far. All of this may change in future releases.
To make things easy, I will create a progress tracking section below, for everyone to see how the progress is coming along with the next Beta build, and also to track the improvements and things we need to do.
-Adding new 1280x960 HD menu layout based on PSN Darkstalkers Resurrection menu layout
-Added astral frames
-added fonts for mode select
-added text box for game mode description
- Completed all main menu fonts
- Added velocity tiled scrolling to menu frames with animated nebula overlay effects
- Complete all mode select font graphics
- Design background animations for all parts
- Add various Arcade inspired text elements - Nesica Live/Insert coin etc
- Add copyright text and website/swagga kings info
- Animate scene in after effects
- Add animation for when entering and exiting screen
- -To Do
- Change the default options mode font
- Add background graphics and animation
- To Do
- Add HD intro animation for when entering and exiting the select screen
- Add animation to the left and right sides of screen panels
- replace and improve the background space animation
- Improve the font and stage select animation area bar
- add some scrolling text or other effects
- -No changes for Beta release 5.0 (wait till ver 6 to review)
- @Swagga Kings wrote:I think the the fonts of the numbers and the combo hits should be brought down some like under neath the big portraits
-Reposition combo hits message below large portraits
-Remove the Mugeners HD Borrowed Combo font by Duralminn
- Create 100% original custom new large HD combo message fonts and numbers@Swagga Kings wrote:I also came up with another idea for the UMvC3 fonts that you use instead having them use in the same color how about changing the READY/FIGHT to purple and white just to give it a different look what do you think?
- Completely replace all UMVC3 Round annaouncer message combo animations
- Add new 100% original animated DVSF themed purple/white round announcers
The animation on the right hand side for Player 2 behind the lifebars is not displaying correctly - is likely a coding error
- Fix missing arcane yellow animation on Player 2 side
BUGS:@Swagga Kings wrote:there's no winning screen all you see is a black back ground with the character's portrait
-Create custom HD Win screen in Astral theme
-Create/Add new HD resolution fonts to display Character win text
-Reposition character portraits
- @Swagga Kings wrote:someone suggested this for a character select screen in the future hopefully how about we go with this kind of layout?
- Look into completely redesigning the select screen layout once all of the character roster is complete
-Swagga Kings/character designer needs to convert all character sprites to 1.1 format once roster is finalized with no further updates
- Create HD high quality custom portraits to suit HD winner screen
Last edited by Phant0mD on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:15 pm; edited 20 times in total