Newagemugen
Newagemugen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Newagemugen

We're The Best At What We Do - Runnin' The Mugen Underground Since 2010. Underground M.U.G.E.N community specializing in advanced Quality Mugen content, Fanart, Graphics, Fighting Games & more.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11.0/older characters Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:26 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 51937087073_50975dcb2f_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Verified Senior Forum support/assistant/curator
The Greatest Showman (Platinum)
Created 40 or more Unique Topics
Survivor (Platinum)
Survived 6 Inactive Account Auto-purges
Apple Of The Eye (Platinum)
Recieved 60 or more likes from other Members
Lord Of War (Gold)
Obtained The Highest Tier 3 Warlord Class Rank
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

RicePigeon's Mugen Creations

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon F4zoTGb

Check out RicePigeon's videos here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RicePigeon is a Veteran American M.U.G.E.N creator, Past/present Global Moderator at Mugen Free For All, and main administrator of the Mugen Lab for the Mugen Fighters Guild. He is best known as being a highly active member of the mugen fighters guild forum since the early days of the winmugen engine, and for creating his signature preference characters from the Touhou series, along with several joke and boss characters.

He is co-creator of Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded. His characters are updated very frequently. Although it is not 100% certain when he joined the mugen community, he has been active withing the community since atleast 2007.

RicePigeon Room Character Previews

2007-2023 - An end of an era.

In September 2023, RicePigeion made a public announcemen to the Mugen community on one of the older mainstream Mugen forums, the Mugen Fighters Guild stating quote:

RicePigeon wrote:Well, it was inevitable, but I've finally decided to make the decision after 16 years to semi-retire from the MUGEN and IKEMEN scene. This was not an easy decision for me to make, and there is more than one factor involved, so I will do my best to outline them.

The first of these factors is due to real world obligations. My original passion by getting involved in creating MUGEN content was to one day become a software and/or video game developer. Unfortunately, what started as a passion project later turned into an obsession. It began to detract from both my career and social life, as there were times where I felt that if I wasn't pushing out new content on a regular basis that I wasn't doing anything. Eventually, as I began work on Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded and Touhou: Incident Zero, it began to detract from everything else, and public releases and updates came to a slog (the last thing I released was Futo back in October 2022). In short, I no longer felt motivated, though I initially dismissed this as a temporary feeling.

The second, and perhaps the much bigger, factor involved was my spiritual life. Anyone who has engaged with me over the years is probably aware that, especially since the early days, one of my largest paranoia was the fear of having my content taken down for copyright infringement, a fear that overcame me very greatly back in 2011 where I went so far as to post a fake Cease and Desist letter purporting to be from the legal representative of Team Shanghai Alice (the creator of Touhou Project, which almost all of my content is exclusively based on) as an excuse to step away from the community, only for me to come back in 2013 and admit to the lie. I bring this up because, over the past few months, I've begun to rediscover my Catholic faith, and began to reflect on all this and what I was really doing was breaking the Lord's commandment of "Thou shall not steal", especially considering how the game assets that were being used were not only being used against the original creator's wishes, but also because the source itself was not obtained in a legal or moral method. It became clear to me that this was no longer just a legal concern, but a spiritual one, and I will admit that this wasn't the only sin that I've committed.

I've consulted with my priest regarding this matter for guidance and I've come to the following decision; effective immediately, I will no longer be involved with development of Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded, and development of Touhou: Incident Zero is hereby cancelled. I would like to offer my apologies publicly to ZUN and Tasofro in this matter for having wronged them in the eyes of God. I've also taken the additional step of removing all downloads to my MUGEN content and deleting both them and the pirated software from my hard drive, as I cannot condone keeping stolen goods in good conscience. While I cannot control what anyone else does, I implore anyone seeking to create and/or continue creating content for the MUGEN and IKEMEN engines to please seek permission from the copyright holder and/or creator before using them unless you yourself created them, not just for legal reasons, but for the sake of your own souls.

Regarding my position as an admin of Mugen Free For All, I had initially intended to also make this announcement to announce my stepping down but, after discussing this with the remaining staff, I've made the decision to stay on staff for the time being. While I can no longer condone creating MUGEN or IKEMEN content using illegally obtained assets or assets used against the creator's will, I still recognize MUGEN and IKEMEN's potential for what it was originally intended for: a fighting game engine, which has legitimate purposes for original content (The Black Heart is a perfect example of this). In light of this, the MFFA community still needs guidance and I would not want to place an additional burden on the other admins.

While things haven't gone exactly as I had initially planned, I feel that the coding and development knowledge that I had obtained is something that is priceless, and I feel obligated to share it in any way that I can, both in my future career path and with anyone who just wants to dabble with the engine as I did for the past 16 years. I apologize if making this post sounds prideful or boastful but it was something I needed to get off of my chest. I appreciate everyone who has helped me throughout these many yea
r

Download All RicePigeon's official work here

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon LogoGR

Download RicePigeon's Touhou RP: Gensokyo Reloaded Fullgame Version 3.0.2.2 Here (Latest Version as of August 2021

Last edited by Vermilion Spy on Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:55 am; edited 5 times in total

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 39750191021_f709bd611c_o

horse likes this post

21.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Creators notes:

01/08/18: Yukari Yakumo updated

To ring in the new year, the gap youkai Yukari Yakumo has been updated with some balance adjustments.
NOTE: Due to the recent release of and Yukari's inclusion in Antinomy of Common Flowers, some have been asking me if any changes will be made to Yukari to reflect this. No changes will be
made to Yukari at this time, however, something else is planned regarding the recent changes to Yukari in AoCF..

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

31.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:02 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon X8emuay

A new version of the youkai of boundaries, Yukari, has been released, this time with a new gameplay style to serve as a demonstration of the upcoming fullgame project, "Touhou: Incident Zero". This version can be found in the new "Incident Zero style" section of the character downloads.

Link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[quote]=====================================
03/22/2018 - Version 2018.03.22
=====================================

- First Demo release.

41.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:49 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 8U0iOEG

Auer's original character and the final boss of Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded, has been released. Get her in the Characters section.

[quote]
07/04/18 - Version 2018.07.04

- First release

51.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 4CmGzsJ

Following the announcement of "Touhou: Incident Zero" comes the second character in this style; the ordinary magician, Marisa Kirisame. This version can be found in the "Incident Zero style" section of the character downloads.

=======================================
07/29/2018 - Version 2018.07.29
=======================================

- First release

61.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:39 pm

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Commissioned/Donated to support Newagemugen
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon X8emuay

A new version of the youkai of boundaries, Yukari, has been released, this time with a new gameplay style to serve as a demonstration of the upcoming fullgame project, "Touhou: Incident Zero". This version can be found in the new "Incident Zero style" section of the character downloads.

03/22/2018 - Version 2018.03.22

- First Demo release.

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon P21sO8E

71.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Charizard updated (12/15/19), released (12/13/19)

=========================================
12/15/2019 - Version 2019.12.15
=========================================

- [Readme] Added missing documentation of Charizard's double jump.
- [System] Fixed potential issue with incorrect move text appearing during Supers.
- [System] Minor corrections to screen darkening effect during Supers.
- [System] Corrected Z-Power Gauge not resetting between rounds.
- [System] Added additional victory quotes.
- s.MP: Damage increased (45->50).
- s.HP: Damage increased (70->80).
- c.MP: Damage increased (50->55).
- c.HP: Damage increased (80->100), now creates a dust effect.
- j.MP: Hitbox extended, should no longer whiff at point blank range.
- j.HP: Damage increased (70->80).
- Flame Burst: Damage increased (55->60).
- Flamethrower: Damage per hit increased (30xN->32xN).
- Seismic Toss: Damage increased (140/140/160->160/160/180).
- Flame Charge: Damage increased (70/80/90->70/85/100).
- Flare Blitz: Damage per hit increased (30xN->31xN), chip damage increased (2xN->5xN).
- Blast Burn: Damage per hit increased (125xN->130xN), chip damage decreased (22xN->18xN).

81.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:31 pm

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

[GR style] Alice updated (12/13/19), 6 characters updated (12/08/19)

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon GaWR2RpMugen Creations By Ricepigeon PCwU2aK

91.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:29 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

12/22/19: (Gensokyo Reloaded) Yukari and Meimu updated
GR Yukari and GR Meimu have been updated with several system fixes.

[System] Reset landing now grants opponents increased full invulnerability (2f->3f) and 7f extra grab invulnerability.
[System] Opponents will now always go into the air recovery anim at the same time as the reset state.
[System] Juggle system now functions independently of M.U.G.E.N's default juggle system.
[System] Added numerous state numbers that were missing from the tick fix code.
[System] Fixed various timing issues pertaining to Spellcard effects.
[System] Miscellaneous common state fixes and adjustments.
[System] Walk and dash speeds slightly decreased.

101.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:49 am

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

xXEnchanter.ZuXx

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 52117799409_ab650ff4e9_o
卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
Survivor (Platinum)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

New stuff!

03/27/20: (Incident Zero) Sumireko Usami released

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon LC92Wi0

03/23/20: (Gensokyo Reloaded) Byakuren Hijiri updated

[System] Slight adjustment to head position.
   [System] Character no longer autoturns when landing from a jump or air dash.
   [System] Forward dash startup increased (2f->4f).
   [System] Byakuren can now pass through opponents during the active portion of her dashes.
   [System] Moves can now only be cancelled from a dash 5 frames after Byakuren has fully reappeared.
   [System] Air dash landing recovery increased (4f->6f).
   [System] Minor adjustments to the handling of landing from air dashes.
   [System] Fixed an issue where the opponent would fall through the ground if they tried to tech recover Byakuren's moves.
   5y: Hitstun & Blockstun decreased by 3f, recovery frames increased by 1f.
   5z: Air hit velocities adjusted.
   Throw: No longer turns to face p2 on startup.
   Chant: Can now be performed in midair.
   Chant: Can now still be used even after Byakuren charges the maximum number of orbs.
   Virupaska's Eye: Startup increased (5/9/12->10/14/18), Active frames decreased (4f->2f), Horizontal range decreased.
   Virupaska's Eye: Damage decreased (120/130/140->30/40/50), hit velocites decreased, now stuns grounded opponents on hit.
   Virupaska's Eye: Power gains decreased (45/120/60 -> 30/80/40).
   Virupaska's Eye: Startup invincibility removed on non-Guard Cancel versions.
   Virupaska's Eye: Can now be used in the air.
   Virupaska's Eye [Ground X & Y ver]: Now has partial upper body invulnerability.
   Vidudahka's Sword: Is now air usable.
   Durga's Soul: Now causes a wallbounce.
   Skanda's Leg: Corrected bug that prevented move from being cancellable into Spellcards.
   "Sakra Devanam Indra's Thunderstorm": Fixed an issue where the move only required a minimum of 1000 Power to activate.

Download below as always:

111.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:38 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

03/14/21: (Incident Zero) Four characters updated

Added the following characters to the file structure: Meiling, Sakuya, Youmu, Yukari
   [Common][System] Reorganized file structure, all IZ characters now share a common System file.
   [Common][System] Fixed bug where characters were vulnerable to grabs during pre-jump frames.
   [Common][System] Fixed graphical bug involving dash effects during superpauses.
   [Common][System] Fixed an issue where getup invulnerability would end prematurely if an attack was performed on the same frame control was regained.
   [Common][System] All characters now use a new buffer system, as the old system was causing visual oddities.
   [Common][System] Holding Down while taunting against Stupa's Training now completely refills the Spirit Gauge.
   [Common][System] Corrected button strength priority in commands; higher strength buttons now take priority over lower strength buttons.
   [Common][System] Fixed how proration & Type-B spirit gains are handled on multi-hit attacks.
   [Common][System] Taunting to refill Spirit meter against Stupa's Training no longer occurs if Spell Trance is active.
   [Meiling][System] Corrected command priority between Sky Dragon Kick/Scarlet Cannon and Kick of Showering Brilliance/Water Taichi Fist.
   [Meiling][System] Added Lie Meiling mode (accessed by pressing U,U,D,D,B,F,B,F,D,U when palette #10 is highlighted during palette selection).
   [Meiling] Water Taichi Fist: Damage increased (50/60/70->50/65/80), fixed oversight that would allow two projectiles on screen at once.
   [Meiling] "Colorful Light Lotus Flower Palm": Fixed bug that would occur if Meiling trades hits with opponent.
   [Youmu][System] Fixed oversight where certain attacks would not add Spirit gauge during Type-ß.
   [Youmu] "Sword of Meditation": Added safeguard that prevents 2nd hit onward from whiffing against airborne opponents if the first hit connects.
   [Yukari][System] Portrait & Superportrait updated.
   [Yukari][System] Fixed oversight that made air dashes cover more horizontal distance than intended.
   [Yukari][System] Adjusted command priority between Specials; Fantasy Firefly Nest now takes command priority over Full Moon Umbrella and Illusionary Rift.
   [Yukari][System] Corrected gravity values on several of Yukari's attacks.
   [Yukari] "Spell Overdrive": Fixed various system bugs that would occur when Spellcards are used.

Download below as always:

121.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:55 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Unknown

Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded Version 3.0.2.2 Released (07/05/21)

Full Changelog here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

07/31/21: (Gensokyo Reloaded) Yuuka Kazami updated
Good news for Yuuka fans (or fans of grapplers in general), GR Yuuka has been updated with a few balance changes.

[System] Adjusted positioning of several system related effects to be consistent with changes in Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded.
Soil Tilling: Damage on final hit increased (Total damage increased from 180/190/200 -> 200/220/240).
Soil Tilling: Damage on follow-up throw increased (20->35).
Flower Parasol Charge: Attack merged with removed Thorny Rose special, effects renewed.
Drifting Dandelion: Hitbox range & downward vertical reach slightly increased.

131.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:00 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

10/30/22: (Incident Zero) Mononobe no Futo released

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon QNIT4Tv

RP wrote:The  18th Incident Zero character, the feng shui-manipulating shikaisen,
Mononobe no Futo, has been released. Special thanks to Blade/Darkart for the sprites.
Apologies if progress has been slow, but the majority of focus has been on the development of the Gensokyo Reloaded fullgame.
Moving forward, progress should hopefully
begin on a working demo of the Incident Zero fullgame.

141.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:57 am

Vermilion Spy

Vermilion Spy

卍♆★Divine Overseer★♆卍
Survivor (Platinum)
Lord Of War (Gold)
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts

Article updated 09.20.23

Notes regarding creators semi-retirement added

151.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:26 am

CancerManXIII

CancerManXIII

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon 52799406974_3658a59cb2_o
★★Pot Of Prosperity★★
★★Dark Master Of Fists★★
Newagemugen Member for over 10 Years
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Kindred Spirit (Gold)
Liked 30 Forum posts
Lord Of War (Gold)

RicePigeon wrote:Well, it was inevitable, but I've finally decided to make the decision after 16 years to semi-retire from the MUGEN and IKEMEN scene. This was not an easy decision for me to make, and there is more than one factor involved, so I will do my best to outline them.

The first of these factors is due to real world obligations. My original passion by getting involved in creating MUGEN content was to one day become a software and/or video game developer. Unfortunately, what started as a passion project later turned into an obsession. It began to detract from both my career and social life, as there were times where I felt that if I wasn't pushing out new content on a regular basis that I wasn't doing anything. Eventually, as I began work on Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded and Touhou: Incident Zero, it began to detract from everything else, and public releases and updates came to a slog (the last thing I released was Futo back in October 2022). In short, I no longer felt motivated, though I initially dismissed this as a temporary feeling.

The second, and perhaps the much bigger, factor involved was my spiritual life. Anyone who has engaged with me over the years is probably aware that, especially since the early days, one of my largest paranoia was the fear of having my content taken down for copyright infringement, a fear that overcame me very greatly back in 2011 where I went so far as to post a fake Cease and Desist letter purporting to be from the legal representative of Team Shanghai Alice (the creator of Touhou Project, which almost all of my content is exclusively based on) as an excuse to step away from the community, only for me to come back in 2013 and admit to the lie. I bring this up because, over the past few months, I've begun to rediscover my Catholic faith, and began to reflect on all this and what I was really doing was breaking the Lord's commandment of "Thou shall not steal", especially considering how the game assets that were being used were not only being used against the original creator's wishes, but also because the source itself was not obtained in a legal or moral method. It became clear to me that this was no longer just a legal concern, but a spiritual one, and I will admit that this wasn't the only sin that I've committed.

I've consulted with my priest regarding this matter for guidance and I've come to the following decision; effective immediately, I will no longer be involved with development of Touhou: Gensokyo Reloaded, and development of Touhou: Incident Zero is hereby cancelled. I would like to offer my apologies publicly to ZUN and Tasofro in this matter for having wronged them in the eyes of God. I've also taken the additional step of removing all downloads to my MUGEN content and deleting both them and the pirated software from my hard drive, as I cannot condone keeping stolen goods in good conscience. While I cannot control what anyone else does, I implore anyone seeking to create and/or continue creating content for the MUGEN and IKEMEN engines to please seek permission from the copyright holder and/or creator before using them unless you yourself created them, not just for legal reasons, but for the sake of your own souls.

Regarding my position as an admin of Mugen Free For All, I had initially intended to also make this announcement to announce my stepping down but, after discussing this with the remaining staff, I've made the decision to stay on staff for the time being. While I can no longer condone creating MUGEN or IKEMEN content using illegally obtained assets or assets used against the creator's will, I still recognize MUGEN and IKEMEN's potential for what it was originally intended for: a fighting game engine, which has legitimate purposes for original content (The Black Heart is a perfect example of this). In light of this, the MFFA community still needs guidance and I would not want to place an additional burden on the other admins.

While things haven't gone exactly as I had initially planned, I feel that the coding and development knowledge that I had obtained is something that is priceless, and I feel obligated to share it in any way that I can, both in my future career path and with anyone who just wants to dabble with the engine as I did for the past 16 years. I apologize if making this post sounds prideful or boastful but it was something I needed to get off of my chest. I appreciate everyone who has helped me throughout these many yea
r

Damn, thats an end of an era. I totally vaguely remember this dudes name popping up here and there back in the day, not so much in recent years but then again i dont pay attention to those forums anyway.

Only thing a bit based about this whole manifesto is that he's still harping on about the same mugen arguments people were having 15 years ago about copyrights and permissions. Crazy how some people still cling to that ideology when its blatantly clear nobody cares and theres far worse infringements on IPs out there than little old Mugen. scratch

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon KwiHzMC

161.0/older characters Re: Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:07 am

Crosstag Enjoyer

Crosstag Enjoyer

Mugen Creations By Ricepigeon Wcz4RWt
Kindred Spirit (Bronze)
Liked 5 Forum posts
Newsboy (Stone)
Created 5 or more Unique Topics
Crowd Favorite (Stone)
Recieved 10 or more likes from other Members

These Touhou characters are pretty neat.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum