Newage Mugen

A Mugen community that specializes in stage, screenpack creation, and graphics.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A New WIP (hires stage).

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1HR Stage A New WIP (hires stage). on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:37 am

Hello there this is a new WIP.....inspired from "Metal Slug" series, i took your advices in here and avoided my previous mistakes in my first stage.

I love to go overboard with animations, cant help it, i love doing that ...

everything in this stage is animated so far.

Im going to put some cargoes on those tanks and add some jets choppers blah blah blah, creating some action in that back ground.

Any feedback is really welcomed and i hope you like it....

ScreenShots:


middle side:


right side:


left side:

View user profile

2HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:07 am

Here's my opinion:
- Sprites STILL clash imo. (Foreground steel barrier, Metal Slug sprites)
I also don't like seeing character sprites (Morden, generic soldiers, etc.) in stages, but that's just me. The color of some sprites don't blend well too.


- Too much animation sometimes kills stage potential.

- I don't like your night background. Maybe because it looks too simple?

- That last screenshot, I see what you did there.



Stage needs some work. Hope to see more updates!

View user profile

3HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:15 am

Thanks for your feedback Mark, i just started working on it and i tought about making another version but this time at morning.

BTW you're right that background is too simple, i have another one.

View user profile

4HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:36 am

Perhaps you could apply the blackjack method to your layerno1 railing? It'd look a bit nicer IMO. Also, your name is a bit poorly blended on there, If I were you I'd either redo or remove it.

I actually like those people in particular in your background because they fit the idea and environment. I really like that you're adding as many animations as you can think of, It shows you're dedicated to making your stages stand out, I like that, but as Mark said sometimes too many animations are just distracting and kill potential.


I think the night background would blend better if there was more going on. Like maybe some of the soldiers parachuting down like they did in the game, and/or twinkling/shooting stars, etc. Maybe a dark overlay to give the feel of darkness a bit more.


That's the best advice I can give via screenshot and aesthetics. I'll be sure to test it when it's out because I love the idea. It's off to a pretty decent start as well. Good luck!


_______________________________________________
http://network.mugenguild.com/glb/

View user profile http://www.newagemugen.com/

5HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:13 am

All of the sprites just need proper blending. Also, some smoke and explosion in the BG is a good thing imo.

View user profile

6HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:16 am

GLB wrote:Perhaps you could apply the blackjack method to your layerno1 railing? It'd look a bit nicer IMO. Also, your name is a bit poorly blended on there, If I were you I'd either redo or remove it.

I actually like those people in particular in your background because they fit the idea and environment. I really like that you're adding as many animations as you can think of, It shows you're dedicated to making your stages stand out, I like that, but as Mark said sometimes too many animations are just distracting and kill potential.


I think the night background would blend better if there was more going on. Like maybe some of the soldiers parachuting down like they did in the game, and/or twinkling/shooting stars, etc. Maybe a dark overlay to give the feel of darkness a bit more.


That's the best advice I can give via screenshot and aesthetics. I'll be sure to test it when it's out because I love the idea. It's off to a pretty decent start as well. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your feedack GLB, im glad that you noticed that those animations fit the idea because i choose them carefuly and also like you said because im dedicated to make my stages look pretty decent i use a simple background so i can play with animations as much as i can.

and your idea about soldiers parachuting down is what im thinking about, its like you read my mind, also im going to add some jets moving around the stage and shoot that big robot wihle that robot fighting back with shooting missles from his left arm and lazer from his eyes and many many idea.....

Also im thinking about making that background a lil bit bigger because its too simple like Mark said.

I agree with you and Mark sometimes too much animations kill the stage so im gonna careful.

Thank again

MarkPachi wrote:All of the sprites just need proper blending. Also, some smoke and explosion in the BG is a good thing imo.

Sure thing Mark, Im going to add some smoke and explosion in the BG, its gonna look great, i can imagine that....

But guys you're gonna do me a big favor if you tell me why sometimes my sprites clash in the stage because i dont see that...i have 2 maptops and a desktop pc and ive tried my both stages on em and i see no clashing sprites so please tell me whats wong with that......

You know i have made only 1 stage before so im kinda new but ive learned soooo much coding...

View user profile

7HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 am

SouBot wrote:
But guys you're gonna do me a big favor if you tell me why sometimes my sprites clash in the stage because i dont see that...i have 2 maptops and a desktop pc and ive tried my both stages on em and i see no clashing sprites so please tell me whats wong with that......
Sprite Clashing
Sprites from different game source/art style placed into a stage/character/etc. and is clearly seen that they don't work together.

Example: Metal Slug Sprites + KoF/SvC/NGBC Sprites = Sprite Clashing since they don't work together unless you heavily edit them


(Yes, even though both of them were made by SNK Playmore, they're sprited very differently)

View user profile

8HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 am

Haaaa now i got it thank you so much for your explanation bro.....

You know in this stage everything is from "Metal Slug" series except for that floor.

I think you know the opening door that comes up in a stage named "sector 5" by MTVN...i took small piece from its door from the downside and edited it to look like a floor in my stage.

View user profile

9HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:30 am

Sou-Bot wrote:
I think you know the opening door that comes up in a stage named "sector 5" by MTVN...i took small piece from its door from the downside and edited it to look like a floor in my stage.

Yeah, I don't think that's a good idea.

View user profile

10HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:56 am

Sou-Bot wrote:
I think you know the opening door that comes up in a stage named "sector 5" by MTVN...i took small piece from its door from the downside and edited it to look like a floor in my stage.



It looks nice, but you don't want the unnecessary drama that will come with using that, man. It'd be best to find a substitute. Considering a lot of old Phantom G's will harass you for using that and MOTVN himself still visits our chat from time to time and he's strictly closed source.


_______________________________________________
http://network.mugenguild.com/glb/

View user profile http://www.newagemugen.com/

11HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:14 am

@Sou
I forgot to tell you a few more stuff:
- In your def file, [BG MY ROBOT EXPLOSION] is suppose to be fast like in the KoF games. Maybe you should set the frame time to 2 ticks per frame.

- In addition to the explosion sprites, it's not centered correctly.

- The Star background is suppose to tile horizontally.

- The brick wall on the far left don't really blend well with the Metal Slug sprites.

- There's so much stuff going on in the stage. Maybe you should remove the unnecessary ones so that it doesn't look cluttered. (The Helicopter sprite has gotta go, same goes with the campfire on the broken submarine and the Robot head on the far left)

View user profile

12HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 am

MarkPachi wrote:@Sou
I forgot to tell you a few more stuff:
- In your def file, [BG MY ROBOT EXPLOSION] is suppose to be fast like in the KoF games. Maybe you should set the frame time to 2 ticks per frame.

- In addition to the explosion sprites, it's not centered correctly.

- The Star background is suppose to tile horizontally.

- The brick wall on the far left don't really blend well with the Metal Slug sprites.

- There's so much stuff going on in the stage. Maybe you should remove the unnecessary ones so that it doesn't look cluttered. (The Helicopter sprite has gotta go, same goes with the campfire on the broken submarine and the Robot head on the far left)

Those are great points Mark....

-Removing that robot on the rightside and use something else because i already have one in the middle and hes doing so much animation so far.

-I thought about removing that campfire from the begining becuase ive seen it in another stage and i dont wanna repeat the same thing...

- 2 ticks per frame for that explosion is good.

-Ive edited that background and made bigger, i think it looks better, im gonna upload some screenshots in here when i get home because i need your opinion about it guys.

Thank you so much for your comments guys, you're really a big help, im loving this site already.

View user profile

13HR Stage Re: A New WIP (hires stage). on Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:53 am

Sorry for the double post i forgot to post this:

GLB wrote:
It looks nice, but you don't want the unnecessary drama that will come with using that, man. It'd be best to find a substitute. Considering a lot of old Phantom G's will harass you for using that and MOTVN himself still visits our chat from time to time and he's strictly closed source.

Glad you like it GLB but woooow harass me because i took a small piece of that door...i thought mugen stuff are free for all people and its not like im stealing things from a company that sells those sprites or something, thats wierd lol.

Anyway ill see what i can do about it, thank you for telling me that GLB, appreciated.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum