Newage Mugen

A Mugen community that specializes in stage, screenpack creation, and graphics.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photoshop 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

I recently downloaded Photoshop. Up until now, I had been using GIMP2.6. Gimp's cool, but I knew that if I wanted to produce sprites that were truly impressive, I had to step it up. So thanks to Grayfox(Good ol' "Deepthroat"), I scored Photoshop...for free :cheers: With that said, I will be using this thread to ask questions on how to effectively use PS. Im always looking for advice and tips, so if you got PS skillz, tell me your "tricks of the trade." So here's my first question:

How do you index colors and set colors equal to zero ,"THE PHOTOSHOP WAY?" scratch

2 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:04 pm

GRAYFOX

3 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

COLOR TABLE?! Agh! I totally missed that scratch Thanks Gray. Once again you have come to my rescue Thumbs Up

4 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:33 pm

GRAYFOX

Np bro, we are helpers of one another in my book. :pirat:

5 Re: Photoshop 101 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:58 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

How do I expand and shrink the size of a layer? scratch

Edit: Nevermind I got it Thumbs Up (finally)

6 Re: Photoshop 101 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:55 am

Markpachi

Just a small tip, if you hold ''Shift" an "Alt" at the same time while in Free Transform mode, you can resize the layer with the right proportions.

7 Re: Photoshop 101 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

@MarkPachi wrote:Just a small tip, if you hold ''Shift" an "Alt" at the same time while in Free Transform mode, you can resize the layer with the right proportions.

Thanks Mark P. That was also a concern of mine. Thumbs Up

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best

8 Re: Photoshop 101 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:09 am

Markpachi

Good luck with stage making Vegaz. What a Face

9 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:55 am

Vegaz_Parrelli

I created my first screenpack using GIMP. So I saved the templates to make the portraits as a GIMP imgage(.xcf), but now I want to edit it using photoshop. But PS couldn't open the file. So I saved it as .psd because everything else I tried couldn's support a file with multiple layers. And of course the layers are what help me organize my portriats. But even though it had layers, the template itself had been "altered." So here's my question. How can I convert my Gimp templates into photoshop templates, while maintaining the "original" arrangment of my layers. I'll include the layers themselves so you can see first hand the delimma I'm facing... confused

Just grab the portraits at https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=2baf5f750dc42103#cid=2BAF5F750DC42103&id=2BAF5F750DC42103%21103

10 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:15 am

xX-Nero-Xx

What do you mean it alter the only thing that look like it change was the color of the 2nd layer.

http://neroarchives.webs.com/

11 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:29 am

Vegaz_Parrelli

@xX-Nero-Xx wrote:What do you mean it alter the only thing that look like it change was the color of the 2nd layer.

You notice how in the gimp file my top layer is smaller and positioned exactly where it would be once you see it in mugen. Well, I want my photoshop file to look the same way. Without color changes, and have my top layer smaller, in the top right corner and selected just as it is in my gimp file. Or am I being picky? Seriously? scratch

12 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:33 pm

xX-Nero-Xx

I see what you mean now that layer cant be transparent when you load it up in photoshop. In gimp you have to put some type of color their in that layer then save it as a .psd then load it up in photoshop to see that layer in that position.

http://neroarchives.webs.com/

13 Re: Photoshop 101 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Vegaz_Parrelli

@xX-Nero-Xx wrote:I see what you mean now that layer cant be transparent when you load it up in photoshop. In gimp you have to put some type of color their in that layer then save it as a .psd then load it up in photoshop to see that layer in that position.

Worked like a charm, homie. Thanks Thumbs Up

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum